The Meta Dexxer's Lounge and Beard Bar

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
Another question: what is the best level of zerker tali to drop arms lore and go archery?
Another idea I have is to change arms lore to parrying and run with low AR, means no armor only shield to avoid AR penalty but block physical attack with shield. Is this a logical doing?

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

i would say get your zerker tali to 10 before going to archery. i've been leveling mine strictly with archery and i'm almost at level 4 after months and months. my double strike relic is out leveling the tali. but on my defense guy with swords, i don't even have to try to level the tali, it's INSANELY easier than using archer, esp since archery xp bonus is nerfed unless youre standing RIGHT NEXT to your target, which is the total opposite of what you're supposed to do as an archer which is stay as far away as you can and kite the mob. but to level the tali you have to get right next to your target, so getting in melee range with a balron as a naked archer to level tali is pretty bullshit IMO

but the parry thing on a zerker tali... i wouldn't, even the AR from a shield and nothing else will fuck up your xp gains

Kushion

Adept
It's probably buried in this thread somewhere but I'm gonna ask anyways.. Can someone tell me if my template is good for berserker tali and also recommend stats?

Anatomy/Healing/Mage/Resist/Med/Swords/Tact and 100/85/40 ?

Should I drop med and throw GM arms lore into it?

I should add that I don't plan on pvping with this character

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno about having GM Magery/Meditation. If you want GM magery that sounds good to get off a few good heals, but i would drop meditation for Lumberjacking to get the really nice damage bonus. Zerk tally will be more effective that way if your main damage source is melee/archery.

My template looks like this:

Sword/Lumberjack/Archery/Resist/Healing/Anatomy/Tactics, 100str/35int/90dex (Mindblast isnt as effective here so you can be a little more viable in PvP)

Kushion

Adept
Ok so pure pvm dungeons and eventually RDAs/champs berserker tali build:

Anatomy
Healing
Mage
Resist
Swords
Tacts
Arms lore
100/85/40 or 100/90/35

How much will magery as utility/extra survivability help in these situations? Would hiding be better than magery? Archery? Arms lore necessary? Lumberjack?

Thanks

halv

Grandmaster
How much will magery as utility/extra survivability help in these situations? Would hiding be better than magery? Archery? Arms lore necessary? Lumberjack?

My template looks like this:

Sword/Lumberjack/Archery/Resist/Healing/Anatomy/Tactics

Looked like my old template, but with Armslore not Archery. But after many months playing this one, i decided to drop Lumberjacking and changed to macing. Because without hiding and any magery it wasn't easy to play. With 100% Hiding and 20% magery I can use magery reflect scrolls and survive much longer.
One reason to go for macing was the speed of the quarter staff. It's the fastest two handed weapon (speed 48) and compared to my old double axe (speed 37) it's my favorite choice. A double axe berzerker with lumberjacking is doing massiv damage, but in my personal opinion it's very similar to a quarterstaff because of it speed. Sure, a katana is much faster and a good choice too.

If you have enough magery and mana to cast invis, there will be no need for hiding. But with 100/100/25 you only can cast a recall and a magic reflect after, no invis. Archery is good with level 10 for some champs or bosses. About Arms Lore I don't know. I'm still thinking about dropping it for something else.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
I was finally able to get to 720 skill points after powerscroll and SS buying spree. I think hiding is necessary for a dexer so I dropped gm mage from my template

now I'm

anat
healing
archery
arms lore
resist
tactics
60 magery (for g heals, cures, able to recall without scrols easily)
60 hiding (might fail a few times but still useful)

Mara

Journeyman
Any1 can tell me more ore less where its the "pass gate" to arms lore to be worth?

I normaly exp at orcs , some drags ( I dont exp more coz I get killed by pks at the first round XD ) and some liches and so on,

I'm a LJ berserk and few days ago I got phase shift and dunno if will worth to drop arms lore to put hidding there.

I know arms lore make big diference on hit rate, but not sure if worth killing "low level creatures" like orcs and dragons,

I might be noob but with 0 armor and no money for slayer armors I cant afford killing stronger monsters.

Right now my template its :
Anatomy
Sword
Tactics
Heal
Resist
Lumber
Arms lore.

Berserk status :

Almost Lvl 7
Lvl 7 Double Strike
Lvl 2 Phase

Also I had been training my Double relic , hitting a bull with healing and so on.
but now I cant use that tactic to train Phase Shift, any tip?

THXS IN ADVANCE

halv

Grandmaster
I know arms lore make big diference on hit rate, but not sure if worth killing "low level creatures" like orcs and dragons,

There is no need for arms lore in your case. I'm still thinking about dropping it too. It's easy to macro anyway.

It only works on mobs with 100% wrestling, they say. Even a ogre lord got just around 90-95% wrestling.
I don't know about a paragon. On paragon ogre lords it will help, they say.
Even Riktor got 0 Wrestling, uo stratics is saying.
Lord Oaks got 100% Wrestling, but all the other Champs don't have 100% wrestling.

But there are people around saying they see a difference on almost every mob. In the beginning i thought the same, but i compared my defense meta without arms lore with my berzerker with arms lore and i can't see a difference. People say if you like to do dungeon bosses like Fafnir, Adra or Arch you will have a higher chance to hit them. The same with high level Paragons. If you do PvE you'll need it. For farming Titans or Dragons you don't need it.

Arms lore is still a enigma for me.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
Arms lore is still a enigma for me.

I still can't even tell if arms lore works for archery. I've added and dropped arms lore several times to see if I can "feel a difference"

my opinion is that arms lore does absolutely nothing for archery, so I'll probably drop it again

archery hit rate is TERRIBLE anyway, even with a +25 accuracy bow, with arms lore, not hungry, bow is 100& repaired, etc I regularly miss 10+ times in a row whether I'm fighting an ettin or a balron, makes no difference

I was counting misses last night - 14 misses in a row on a balron.. that is fucked up

my defense tali guy uses katana and most i EVER miss is maybe 3 or 4 times in a row, at most

try missing 14 times while using a heavy x bow... that's like several minutes of time to kill a friggin ogre

TheFallen

Grandmaster
OK I'll try to explain it one more time.

Arms lore + weapon skill = min hit chance ~63.

It does not raise your hit chance by a flat amount it l just raises it to ~63 if you are currently below that.

What does this mean?
Mob with wrestling below 80 wrestle are not effected and the increase is more significant the higher the wrestling of the mob.
Archers are treated the exact same way but when you use a +25 weapon for archery it actually increases archery and not tactics. This lessens the effectiveness of arms lore in that you know have to fight mobs with greater than 105 wrestle to pass your min hit chance with 125 weapon skill.

If you are not fighting very high wrestle mobs do not use arms lore unless you really have the room on your template. It is good for training because every hit counts but unless you are fighting difficult enough mobs it has zero effect.

halv

Grandmaster
OK I'll try to explain it one more time.

Arms lore + weapon skill = min hit chance ~63.

It does not raise your hit chance by a flat amount it l just raises it to ~63 if you are currently below that.

What is the chance without Arms Lore? 50/50?

Mara

Journeyman
One more newbie question,

For phase shift bonus you need to be hidden?
or you get the bonus just having the "skill"?

Also , how the hell I can train the relic?

With a "peaced" creature , atack from distance, move some tiles w8 for couldown and loop?

I tryed that but from time to time the creature move and fuck all the macro =/

Delvorin

Grandmaster

With a "peaced" creature , atack from distance, move some tiles w8 for couldown and loop?

find a corpser and make a macro to attack, move 7 tiles away and pause whatever the cooldown is. That's how I maxed phase shift and actually kept macroing it until DS and infect wounds were done too.

Spatchel

Master
find a corpser and make a macro to attack, move 7 tiles away and pause whatever the cooldown is. That's how I maxed phase shift and actually kept macroing it until DS and infect wounds were done too.
There is a spot in a certain dungeon with a mob in a certain location that you can attack while hidden, never unhide, and never phase to the mob. All while making gains.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

girana

Grandmaster
There is a spot in a certain dungeon with a mob in a certain location that you can attack while hidden, never unhide, and never phase to the mob. All while making gains.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

you talking about this mob ?

NzPd2ZY.jpg

LSDjay

Grandmaster

what i wrote here before the edit is no longer legal.

Andy8554

Adept
Hey guys and gals!

I've got a question for you.

I have a level 10 nearly maxed out with all five relics defensive Dexxer that I absolutely love and I'm now thinking of starting a Zerker as well.

My question is what kind of damage output do you see for being a lumberjack Zerker versus just swords.... just trying to figure out if I want to pick up lumberjacking or just stick with swords.

Thanks!