The Meta Dexxer's Lounge and Beard Bar

ProdigyOsi

Grandmaster
Oh and I'm guessing the arms lore doesn't come into effect until I actually have the talisman equipped? So don't bother with raising it till I have done the quest

Correct, and it dosen't take you more than a few hours to train AFK (also must be 100.0 to have any effect).

Oh and last question. If I need suits of ar with shield for 100 ar + What are those gonna cost me everytime I die approximately?

You will actively make money unless you get killed a whole lot. Even with slayer weps I find that I am making money faster than I lose it by re gearing. I think invlu plate is a few k per and valorite is pretty affordable too. So as long as you're not using slayer armor (which is great by the way) you shouldn't be put out too much by it.

Jager

Grandmaster
ok thanks all for the tips and info, just gathering vanqs now and going to start training resist and parry and should be on my way to geting this all started soon.

Delvorin

Grandmaster
I just do this against a target...Using the boxes like you suggest helps to keep from walking too far when the target hits you before you tread on it and ticks you off of full stam. I didn't bother with refresh but you could add that as well.

if stam == 100

warmode 'on'

pause 100

warmode 'off'

turn "South"

walk "South"

walk "South"

pause 300

turn "North"

walk "North"

walk "North"

//walk "North"

turn "South"

pause 500

warmode 'on'

pause 100

warmode 'off'

//moveitem 0x410fc2db 'ground' 402, 2224, -2

pause 27000

if @injournal 'The world is' 'system'

clearjournal

sysmsg 'Pausing macro for Server Save'

waitforjournal 'World save complete' 35000 'system'

sysmsg 'Resuming macro'

endif

endif

Hey, I used this macro for tread and works great. Thanks for posting it. just leaving it on all day if im able but still got a long way to go.

Jager

Grandmaster
Just curious. Gonna be going with defensive talisman. What should.my stats be? 100/100/25? Or should I raise it a bit for mind blast control?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Just curious. Gonna be going with defensive talisman. What should.my stats be? 100/100/25? Or should I raise it a bit for mind blast control?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Once you have your talisman trained up then I wouldn't worry about mind blasts coming from mobs. I keep my swing speed as high as possible.

Mind blasts from other players will hurt though. However, if you've got pots and you are strategic with your bandage timer (an underrated art) then you'll survive. I would only increase my intelligence if I were using magery, which I don't. PvM dexers don't need magery or at least I don't.

If you are making a PvM defense tally dexer then I suggest focusing on PvM ability. You aren't going to have the DPS needed to kill another player unless they are bad. This is because you won't have Alchemy or Poisoning. Your survivability will be decent enough without magery or increased intelligence. If someone tries to gank you, then they are going to hit you with explode + eb or mind blast. If they are smart and cast explode off screen then you take a significant hit all at once. But even that won't kill you . So once they load another spell, you can off screen while you hit strength pot, heal pot, and start the bandage timer.

Its all a matter of personal preference but I don't feel the need to sacrifice swing speed for increased intelligence.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Once you have your talisman trained up then I wouldn't worry about mind blasts coming from mobs. I keep my swing speed as high as possible.

Mind blasts from other players will hurt though. However, if you've got pots and you are strategic with your bandage timer (an underrated art) then you'll survive. I would only increase my intelligence if I were using magery, which I don't. PvM dexers don't need magery or at least I don't.

If you are making a PvM defense tally dexer then I suggest focusing on PvM ability. You aren't going to have the DPS needed to kill another player unless they are bad. This is because you won't have Alchemy or Poisoning. Your survivability will be decent enough without magery or increased intelligence. If someone tries to gank you, then they are going to hit you with explode + eb or mind blast. If they are smart and cast explode off screen then you take a significant hit all at once. But even that won't kill you . So once they load another spell, you can off screen while you hit strength pot, heal pot, and start the bandage timer.

Its all a matter of personal preference but I don't feel the need to sacrifice swing speed for increased intelligence.
I would also add for defense dexers to survive pvp scenerios you do get the added bonus of reduced monster agro. Meaning if an attacker chases you onto a group of mobs they are more likely to get targeted by them then you are. Knowing that you can sometimes use that to your advantage to escape or turn on them if they take a big firebreath or flamestrike from a strong monster.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
I would also add for defense dexers to survive pvp scenerios you do get the added bonus of reduced monster agro. Meaning if an attacker chases you onto a group of mobs they are more likely to get targeted by them then you are. Knowing that you can sometimes use that to your advantage to escape or turn on them if they take a big firebreath or flamestrike from a strong monster.

Quite true. If you are a dexer then you are hopefully carrying 30+ red pots on you. If I'm getting attacked at a champ, I will keep my shield up, disarm my weap, and pot my way through the middle of the densest mobs. Destard is especially amusing with a defense talisman.

Delvorin

Grandmaster
Anyone have suggestions on macroing tread at lvl 5? I seem to be killing corpsers off before gaining a decent amount. Should I put in a pause so that the corpser can regenerate more health?

Delvorin

Grandmaster
do it while you are weightless, pause until stam is full

Wow, I feel stupid. I forgot about the whole weight thing. I emptied everything from bag and paperdoll except bandages and runebooks i would need to travel and that helped a ton. This should work fine now. Thank you @dobber

Delvorin

Grandmaster
Anyone have suggestions on leveling infected wounds? Is it best just to carry cheap poisons and just go around killing stuff?

dobber

Grandmaster
just don't exclusively level it; it really doesn't matter. it doesn't do ANY extra damage with higher levels and it barely ever does anything anyway with how fast you will kill things. just play your normal game with a few DP pots in your bag.

Delvorin

Grandmaster
just don't exclusively level it; it really doesn't matter. it doesn't do ANY extra damage with higher levels and it barely ever does anything anyway with how fast you will kill things. just play your normal game with a few DP pots in your bag.

Ahhh alright. That's what I was thinking of doing but wasn't sure if there was a big benefit to lvling it or a strategy to it. Thanks @dobber

yamman

Journeyman
Hey all, Great thread!

Wanting some advice on what to farm? Im a bezerker but only lvl 3. Was in SL for a while to farm Deamons but wanted to get an idea on what others have done? Happy for anyone to PM me to avoid letting everyone know about good spots etc.

Cheers!!

Delvorin

Grandmaster
Hey all, Great thread!

Wanting some advice on what to farm? Im a bezerker but only lvl 3. Was in SL for a while to farm Deamons but wanted to get an idea on what others have done? Happy for anyone to PM me to avoid letting everyone know about good spots etc.

Cheers!!

I did daemons and liches/lich lords at lvl 3. Actually did daemons throughout up to 10 and added dragons and ogre lords at lvl 7. But I summoned daemons to tank ogre lords. I know many got leather armor from the npc vendors and put slayer properties on them. Daemons are fine if you have enough resist, but if you want to fight dragons, it's a good investment, even 2 or 3 pieces.

Also, thanks to all who contributed to the macros posted for tread. Finally maxed it this weekend.

Keltonator

Grandmaster
Can someone compile a list of the best mobs to level up on starting at 1 for the defense tali? Finally got mine last night and went straight for heavier mobs, like OLs and Titans, etc, which I found gave better exp than say trolls or ettins. Just wanted to see what other strategies would be for leveling as fast as possible. Already have 100+ AR at all times, and I'm using parry/arms lore.

aIck

Grandmaster
Can someone compile a list of the best mobs to level up on starting at 1 for the defense tali? Finally got mine last night and went straight for heavier mobs, like OLs and Titans, etc, which I found gave better exp than say trolls or ettins. Just wanted to see what other strategies would be for leveling as fast as possible. Already have 100+ AR at all times, and I'm using parry/arms lore.
Khaldun 'til you drop.

dobber

Grandmaster
Hey all, Great thread!

Cheers!!

ogre lords, cyclopses, ogre mages, dragons, drakes, anything with a lot of HP basically and especially paragons