The new RDA system.

GreenB

Master
The new RDA system was supposed to make RDAs available to more people with them spawning in traveled areas. Eppy told us it was to make them more available to everyone. Before this change, you had to put in hard work by checking everywhere overland with a small chance of finding one. This tracking could take hours with a few people. Which is fair, because of the massive rewards.

Since the RDA changes, finding all RDAs takes anywhere from 5-30 minutes. The majority of the time they are all even completed within 30 minutes of the fresh cycle. There are major hotspots for them to spawn, and the major guilds know where they are. This makes it impossible for any newer guilds to even attempt one. I know they are end game content, but that shouldn't only be catered to 2-3 large groups. These 2-3 large groups were also the ones doing them before the changes, but other smaller groups could find and complete them as well.

In the past weeks since the revamp, these 2-3 guilds are the only ones doing them. IMO it ruined the system. You know where they will spawn now, you can find them and complete them within 30 minutes, and they are basically impossible to be completed by other guilds. The only thing that has changed with the new system, is that they are much too easy to find, the largest group seems to get them all and monopolize it, and the time investment is much too small for the possible rewards.

Everyone had a fair chance at competing when you had to track everywhere overland to find one. I think the dungeons were a good inclusion though. This is not a cry thread, as our alliance still gets RDAs. It is a well thought out suggestion to change the system back to the old way they were spawning so more people have an opportunity. They are called mysterious gates for a reason. It should be a mystery where they spawn. Not in the same field or town every 6 hours. Not so mysterious then.

I welcome any feedback, unless it is not constructive. Please let me hear your opinions. I would also really like to hear Staff's opinion on this.

@eppy @Adam @Shane @halygon

@JoeB @Liberty

P.s. Make the faction RDA a 4th portal that only members of that faction can enter, so people won't abuse the system and it gives actual factioners an incentive. This should definitely be included.

Last edited by a moderator:

GreenB

Master
I knew of one hot spot that they ALWAYS spawned in. Not really a mysterious gate if its basically in the same place every 6 hours am i right?

Staff please don't let any bitter people ruin this thread. This is a suggestion. Thank you!

Harry Berries

Grandmaster
Can someone remove the posts of this person derailing the thread? Thank you!
Haha he didn't derail you. If you want to see derail go find your buddy hydro that is all he does. But some people do find it very odd that you all of a sudden want another change because we found the hotspots.
@eppy can confirm that you had found a pattern and that we would to.. I jokingly said yeah we will figure it out and then everyone will ask for changes again. Guess I was right. I think staff should just make them do whatever they want and tell the cry babies to piss off.

Swayze

Grandmaster
I think the last 10 RDAs my guild/alliance has done... we got a 105 scroll and a fragment, that is it. I understand there is a chance of major reward, but the reward is not more then any champ./

GreenB

Master
It's not a bug that they spawn in hot spots. If you consider that a bug, then we are all abusing it. Because they spawn in the same spots every 6 hours. I clearly admitted that I found a pattern, I can't help I may be a little bit smarter to see that first. Thanks for the derailment though, can we get staff to clean this up?

GreenB

Master
If you aren't suggesting any helpful changes, please do not derail. I did not call any of you to this thread. Staff is already looking into it. Just because something was implemented doesn't mean it will work well. It takes time to see the problems rise and what may be a better way to do it. To the people who think just because something is introduced, it has to stay, you will find a real surprise in the real world :) Thank you very much! It takes a calm and collected person with good ideas to get things changed, not mindless shit talking ragers. Thanks to staff for realizing it may be a problem!

Messremb

Grandmaster
then why didnt u tell to staff there was an easy pattern?
because u were doing them all... now that you cant you start crying...

isnt that called abusing a bug? good work!
one of our main rda players is staff, you really think we didn't report the issue?

DId i show you guys a pic of my dog as a puppy?

kuKxQ8Y.jpg

never been kicked

wreckognize

Grandmaster
one of our main rda players is staff, you really think we didn't report the issue?

lol its a wonder it didn't get fixed if that's the case.

the whole RDA system annoys me and always has. It was supposed to be random. Its part of the name of the system ffs.

Liberty

Grandmaster
lol its a wonder it didn't get fixed if that's the case.

the whole RDA system annoys me and always has. It was supposed to be random. Its part of the name of the system ffs.
Are you suggesting I am corrupt? I was the first person to relay to the rest of staff about the spawn locations.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
So I'm confused. It seems some people are saying that someone was abusing a bug and should be punished but since they are now aware of it they don't want it changed either and want to be able to use the same patterns.

Full disclosure: I've done 1 Rda since changes and still am not going to have a lot of play time for awhile so I don't really care either way. Just find it funny to call for both punishment and no change.

Slick Brick

Grandmaster
Green has many legit points. Before the changes, $ never got an RDA. Now since the changes, $ did nothing but make a tamer on each of their 5+ accounts, recruit every tamer who they could possibly get, and now they use a macro-recall system to recall around to spots marked on their 5+ accounts and the macro stops when a mysterious gate pops on their screen. They literally have to do NO looking whatsoever for these RDAs and when they have the numbers on-- which is 90% of the day-- then there's really nothing you can do about it.

Tamers have become to kings of PvP. When you see CoM guys running with groups of tamers, you know something is wrong with the PvP on this server. It is all the more evident in RDAs when you are stuck on foot versus these fast ass high damage pets that are unkillable in groups of 20.

@Adam @Shane @eppy @JoeB and whoever else I need to add
The bottom line is this: staff flipped their shit because EQMS is zerging people in dungeons. Yes it may be cheesy and corny sometimes, but they don't go out of their way to grief at every possible moment they are online WHILE monopolizing every single spot in game that reaps a real possible gold reward.

$ are literally the biggest bunch of scum I have ever seen in ANY ONLINE GAME EVER and I think if you guys actually watched what happened in the game, or played the game on a regular basis, then you would absolutely agree. There has been more than enough threads complaining about this and $ gets a pass every single time. They actually live their lives just to get on this game and ruin every single persons play time on here that they possibly can while using every loophole/exploit/cheat they possibly can to get an edge on the competition and get the gold as fast as possible before changes are made.

Something needs to be done about the scum THAT IS $. Make it where if you murder a pet or player in RDA, automatically put them at 5 counts if not there already, make pet kills count as murders, and make RDAs random over the entire world map again so they actually have to put some effort into finding them.

If the goal was to make RDAs more accessible to all people on the server, that plan completely backfired. 95% of the time 2 guilds are getting them and I'd say during the early morning to nighttime hours, there's pretty much only one guild that gets them because they run with 15 tamers and they all have 3-4 other tamers logged on just incase something goes wrong. Then they just bring all their characters, sync all kills through multi-clienting, have one of their tamers on the boss while looping poison fields on the gate and another character spamming detect hidden/reveal.

All it takes is someone to watch to see that changes need to be made.

EDIT: and please fix the mouse wheel bug that $ are all using. That seriously can't have been intended in this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

exince

Grandmaster
wall of text.

even if i mostly agree with u, your suggestion/post would have given u much more credibility if u posted it when u was the only one figuring out the pattern...

now that we figured it out too and regularly raid ur rdas, this post comes up.. i'm not saying its related, but its suspicious...

exince

Grandmaster
even if i mostly agree with u, your suggestion/post would have given u much more credibility if u posted it when u was the only one figuring out the pattern...

now that we figured it out too and regularly raid ur rdas, this post comes up.. i'm not saying its related, but its suspicious...

ok.. nevermind... just read @Slick Brick s post.. its not suspicious anymore.. its 100% related...

GreenB

Master

Why would I announce a pattern that I found to anyone but staff? It is not a bug. They were intended to spawn in areas like that.

Constantly trying to discredit me won't do any good.

exince

Grandmaster
Why would I announce a pattern that I found to anyone but staff? It is not a bug. They were intended to spawn in areas like that.

Constantly trying to discredit me won't do any good.

i'm not trying to discredit you mate.. i have nothing personal against u. i think u did it urself by bragging about the rda king when u was the only one figuring out the pattern and now that others found out and actually raid your rdas, u suggest that its wrong that its set up as it is..

ps: i'm ok with a change.. any change.. i just feel that u being the one that figured out that "flaw" first and used that knowledge to do some rdas by yourself u simply are the wrong person to bring up this issue, now that u get raided...

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Are you suggesting I am corrupt? I was the first person to relay to the rest of staff about the spawn locations.

not sure how you came to this conclusion.

My remark is more directed at developers who find out about problems where people are defeating systems, such as logging out in RDAs or finding them on a schedule when they're supposed to be random (hence why the rewards are so good right?) and instead of removing the system and carefully fixing it, they leave it. Right now we have a functioning economy here and because I have time invested in this server I will voice my opinion when I think risks are being taken against the economy needlessly.

Personally I don't see any problem with $ members coming onto the thread and voicing their opinion that the poster is obviously more interested in holding onto his RDA points record and getting a larger percentage of a hundred million gp market than he is about server health.

ERGO this is why I also never saw him or staff posting/hinting about how the RDAs may have been tweaked by staff to make them scheduled back when it happened, (whenever that was but I'm assuming some months ago), before the recent changes. Funny how he cares about the new players so much but chose not to put everyone on an even playing field and then bragged up on his RDA score. But that's my opinion, based on facts and I'm going to utilize my freedom of speech to post my on-topic opinion here, as it is directly related to how I feel about this suggestion.

I'm obviously not the only one who has noticed a trend of T^C members pushing forum bans on their in-game enemies here, tagging staff, etc etc and any time I see players trying to use staff to grief other players I point it out because it's not cool. I didn't see any personal attacks and none of it was derailing but still half this thread got deleted.

The new system for RDAs just came out, it's apparently just as scheduled as it was before but easier to find the locations now, and the OP clearly wants to change that for personal benefit. So for those reasons I am giving this suggestion a -1 because I think it's only fair that players have an equal chance to enjoy what OP has already for a long time. Just would have been a lot better/fairer if people listened to me about removing the ability to track RDAs back when it was discovered, but I'm just not the type to PM staff my suggestions or ask that they be removed from threads I make as if I own them.

Regardless it seems like every change to RDAs since the tracking bug was discovered have been in the opposite direction of what I envisioned them being back when they were being developed, and the server is still thriving, so who knows maybe I'm wrong about RDAs for other reasons. Nobody can argue though that Random is in fact in the name of the system, which has apparently not much to do with what the system has become and if you want me to shut up about it then try changing the name instead of removing my posts.