The new RDA system.

GreenB

Master
Okay pal, the RDA king thing was literally a huge joke, I clearly see that went over everyone in $'s heads. I guess robots aren't capable of understanding jokes. When someone posts a screenshot of their miner claiming they are the RDA king, its obviously a joke. Do you understand this now? I'm not bragging. I know GO will pass me in leaderboards any time now, It's ok to joke buddy.

GreenB

Master
And no, I do not want it changed for personal benefit. Did you not read my post where it takes much longer to find them with the old system? We find all 3 now extremely quick. Are you scared of putting in a little more work to find something worth millions? Sounds lazy to me.

exince

Grandmaster
And no, I do not want it changed for personal benefit. Did you not read my post where it takes much longer to find them with the old system? We find all 3 now extremely quick. Are you scared of putting in a little more work to find something worth millions? Sounds lazy to me.

nope.. not scared at all.. atm we will be doing 80-90% of all rdas.. we have the people and they're willing to track...

the truth is, before we figured it out, we did the faction rda and u did the other 2. there was no post from u saying how easy the rdas could be found.. now that we know how to find em and can actually stop u from rda-farming, this thread shows up...

i'm not saying u're wrong with your proposal.. i'm just saying that your words would have had much more impact if u reached out to the forums when u was the one farming it. quite simple, isnt it?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I don't do RDAs unless they fall into my lap. I don't actively seek them at all. I've simply found them recently because they seem to be spawning near stealable items that I sometimes look out for.

GreenB

Master
We told staff when we found the pattern. Immediately. I'm posting now because nothing has been done about it.

Liberty

Grandmaster
The fun of doing RDAS for me was searching for them. I didn't use recall macros or track them. I ran around the map searching for gates in different areas and it was a surprise to find them. I feel like the more random they are the better.

GreenB

Master
The fun of doing RDAS for me was searching for them. I didn't use recall macros or track them. I ran around the map searching for gates in different areas and it was a surprise to find them. I feel like the more random they are the better.

Exactly! When they are random like that, they sure are mysterious. Not mysterious at all when you seem them in the same area every day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Messremb

Grandmaster
not sure how you came to this conclusion.

My remark is more directed at developers who find out about problems where people are defeating systems, such as logging out in RDAs or finding them on a schedule when they're supposed to be random (hence why the rewards are so good right?) and instead of removing the system and carefully fixing it, they leave it. Right now we have a functioning economy here and because I have time invested in this server I will voice my opinion when I think risks are being taken against the economy needlessly.

Personally I don't see any problem with $ members coming onto the thread and voicing their opinion that the poster is obviously more interested in holding onto his RDA points record and getting a larger percentage of a hundred million gp market than he is about server health.

ERGO this is why I also never saw him or staff posting/hinting about how the RDAs may have been tweaked by staff to make them scheduled back when it happened, (whenever that was but I'm assuming some months ago), before the recent changes. Funny how he cares about the new players so much but chose not to put everyone on an even playing field and then bragged up on his RDA score. But that's my opinion, based on facts and I'm going to utilize my freedom of speech to post my on-topic opinion here, as it is directly related to how I feel about this suggestion.

I'm obviously not the only one who has noticed a trend of T^C members pushing forum bans on their in-game enemies here, tagging staff, etc etc and any time I see players trying to use staff to grief other players I point it out because it's not cool. I didn't see any personal attacks and none of it was derailing but still half this thread got deleted.

The new system for RDAs just came out, it's apparently just as scheduled as it was before but easier to find the locations now, and the OP clearly wants to change that for personal benefit. So for those reasons I am giving this suggestion a -1 because I think it's only fair that players have an equal chance to enjoy what OP has already for a long time. Just would have been a lot better/fairer if people listened to me about removing the ability to track RDAs back when it was discovered, but I'm just not the type to PM staff my suggestions or ask that they be removed from threads I make as if I own them.

Regardless it seems like every change to RDAs since the tracking bug was discovered have been in the opposite direction of what I envisioned them being back when they were being developed, and the server is still thriving, so who knows maybe I'm wrong about RDAs for other reasons. Nobody can argue though that Random is in fact in the name of the system, which has apparently not much to do with what the system has become and if you want me to shut up about it then try changing the name instead of removing my posts.
First off the OP is in PCH, so accusing T^C is just silly, i would like to see actual punishments for exploiting and cheating, but i have always said we should save bans for repeat offenders only.

also just so you know we have confirmed that you are the forums number 1 post reporter. sounds like you ***** more than anyone else on these forums.

Tracking RDAs was never a bug as far as i know, but staff has tweaked it back and forth trying to get it right.

also our alliance is getting probably 30-40% of RDAs, if you doubt me check my RDA score, i have passed all but 2 GO and one $ member and Green in the last week or two since i started doing RDAs again, and im only on for 2 rounds a day usually.

while i think $s 10+ tamers raiding RDAs is rather lame i accept that with #s like that you take drastic cuts in payout, so im ok with what they do, and i and many in our alliance are working PVP tamers to counter them. the fact that we need to go there is a little lame, but in RDAs tamers are kings of PVP.

the facts are that before the changes anyone could get a small group together and be successful at RDAs, if they were willing to put in the work. our group got serious with only 4 of us, and were successful enough that we grew in #s. the new system only 2 guilds are really able to get the RDAs, and one of those is us.

i wanna give a serious rundown of the new system and good and bad things.

The Good!

The RDA spawn has been fairly evened out making them all difficult but not overwhelming.

the leader board on the Gem is kinda fun, adds a little competition on it.

the fragments are great, i love that they provide incentive to do the most damage, and allows guilds to do somewhat safe and planned RDAs, its a great team builder.

Tracking range is kinda cool,

know what RDAs are up is nice, provides incentive to track but i think costing 1 mil was the wrong way to go, i would like to see a pay per use approach

i feel like the Relic Drop rate has been increased and is pretty much perfect right now. (could just be that we are getting lucky lately)

The Bad!

Spawn locations kinda feels like back when there was only 100 location, also spawning in T2A?

removing barding on all MOBs? this has made RDAs Tamer only, i would love to see some Dexer\ Bard\Mage RDAs maybe?

Faction RDA is still not a faction RDA,

increased drop rate feel like its catering to the rich, (i already bought it) if you can afford to pay 2 mil for a random increase you probably don't need it.

i appreciate the staffs attention to the RDAs, and i feel like the goal of the changes was good, but the execution backfired and pushed things the opposite way.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
First off the OP is in PCH, so accusing T^C is just silly.

I will go back and edit it to say T^C alliance members instead of T^C members.

also just so you know we have confirmed that you are the forums number 1 post reporter.
nothing classless about bragging up on privileged information.

/sarcasm

but really yes I have reported a ton of namecalling because it's toxic, and all of those reported posts weren't even aimed at me. I've also reported tons of posts linking to other websites and freeservers as well, and even bromista for de-railing every thread on the forum not that you didn't fully support his behavior at the time (this is part why you give the impression that you're in it for your own people more than the server as a whole).

One more thing, just so tired of seeing people tag staff on every single thought that comes to their minds. Save staff tagging for account issues or to report competitor slander. Just another thing I wish staff would make a statement about.

Tracking RDAs was never a bug as far as i know, but staff has tweaked it back and forth trying to get it right.

if it wasn't a bug, or in other words, unintended, then why wasn't it mentioned in the RDA patch notes when it was implemented? Why wouldn't they have mentioned it as part of the system if it was truly intentional?? Of course I can't say it was unintended because I'm not the developer and I also enjoy the ''mystery'' as much as anyone, that's part of what makes the game fair for everyone is not having certain info or formulas... riiiiight??? derp

truth is you guys never report anything without it being for personal gain, from many player's perspectives not just mine. Seems likely you only ever reported that it seemed like RDAs were spawning in a pattern to confirm it. (hence the lack of bug report in the bug report section, like your bugs are the most important top priority thing in the world lawl)

And tell me you didn't come crying for punishment when it came to whoever was logging off in RDAs. Haven't seen a single bug report from your alliance that wasn't gilded and in the wrong section and asking for punishment for your competitors yet, this thread included. Stay hatin tho all you want tho I'm actually quite flattered.

TL;DR: changes can wait a few months for a fix just like last time. If two guilds are getting RDAs frequently thats up from one and so the patch is a success. Please post bug reports in the bug reports section and staff will see it, no need to PM and tag them relentlessly. Not for this kind of thing anyways.

Messremb

Grandmaster

/sarcasm

but really yes I have reported a ton of namecalling because it's toxic, and all of those reported posts weren't even aimed at me. I've also reported tons of posts linking to other websites and freeservers as well, and even bromista for de-railing every thread on the forum not that you didn't fully support his behavior at the time (this is part why you give the impression that you're in it for your own people more than the server as a whole).

One more thing, just so tired of seeing people tag staff on every single thought that comes to their minds. Save staff tagging for account issues or to report competitor slander. Just another thing I wish staff would make a statement about.

if it wasn't a bug, or in other words, unintended, then why wasn't it mentioned in the RDA patch notes when it was implemented? Why wouldn't they have mentioned it as part of the system if it was truly intentional?? Of course I can't say it was unintended because I'm not the developer and I also enjoy the ''mystery'' as much as anyone, that's part of what makes the game fair for everyone is not having certain info or formulas... riiiiight??? derp

truth is you guys never report anything without it being for personal gain, from many player's perspectives not just mine. Seems likely you only ever reported that it seemed like RDAs were spawning in a pattern to confirm it. (hence the lack of bug report in the bug report section, like your bugs are the most important top priority thing in the world lawl)

And tell me you didn't come crying for punishment when it came to whoever was logging off in RDAs. Haven't seen a single bug report from your alliance that wasn't gilded and in the wrong section and asking for punishment for your competitors yet, this thread included. Stay hatin tho all you want tho I'm actually quite flattered.

TL;DR: changes can wait a few months for a fix just like last time. If two guilds are getting RDAs frequently thats up from one and so the patch is a success. Please post bug reports in the bug reports section and staff will see it, no need to PM and tag them relentlessly. Not for this kind of thing anyways.
Delusional just doesn't even describe you man. go back and read my post about them logging out in RDAs, the closest i came to asking for them to be banned was pointing out the rules, and i also said specifically that i did not want to see them banned.

these changes would only suit us if $ guild decides they don't actually want to track, and every other guild keeps not wanting to track. anyone that wants to put in the time under my suggestions will be able to compete.

we reported the bug right to eppy who told us that it was not a bug and was intended. at that point we just went with it, should we have made a post saying "hey guys guess what, you only need to track like 30 areas to find all RDAs, and staff wants it that way". no unlike you we thought "ok if staff wants it like this we will give it a try". we did, and we have been talking to staff about it for weeks in a private manner. today though we were told that if we wanted to see changes we needed a more public approval of the issues we saw. so Green made a post about it.

i know you like to think everyone is as corrupt as you are, but the truth is our alliance has not been shady at all with this stuff and staff can back that up, we have not tried to exploit any part of this system.

also please note i did not include any staff tags in my post, the staff that is looking into this already knows about this thread (remember how i said we been talking to them), and will be watching it.

please take your personal biased vendetta's to the PVP forums where you can trash our character to your hearts desire.

Slick Brick

Grandmaster

/sarcasm

You seem to be harping on "tracking RDAs is a bug." If it was a bug, then why was an upgrade to tracking on the gem put in place on the update? Lol. I know you're just trolling them but damn you are just annoying when you do it, lol. If you are going to do something at least gitGud@itPlz. :D

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Delusional just doesn't even describe you man. go back and read my post about them logging out in RDAs, the closest i came to asking for them to be banned was pointing out the rules, and i also said specifically that i did not want to see them banned.

good thing I said crying for punishment not crying for a ban. You're just to eager to argue with me to read what I write I guess.

these changes would only suit us if $ guild decides they don't actually want to track, and every other guild keeps not wanting to track. anyone that wants to put in the time under my suggestions will be able to compete.

$ guild is tapping into more markets than your alliance is, they have less time to track than you do. So it's obviously in your favor to do this.

And yes, you took your bug report right to eppy instead of posting it in bug reports. That's exactly my point. Everyone is waiting for content to be developed and you're taking up staff time to ask questions about RDAs under the guise of a bug report when theres a bug report system that ranks problems based on priority so that we can get that content out. It's page button abuse. Stop doing it and stop thinking it's ok to do so.

Anyways you gotta read before you reply this time, it's annoying that you aren't doing so and it's causing another thread de-railment.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
You seem to be harping on "tracking RDAs is a bug." If it was a bug, then why was an upgrade to tracking on the gem put in place on the update? Lol. I know you're just trolling them but damn you are just annoying when you do it, lol. If you are going to do something at least gitGud@itPlz. :D

just like u need to gitGud@PvPnStopTakingScreenshotsOfOtherPlayersKillsRiteDawg?

Besides, that's not even the first time that staff embraced the tracking bug and encorporated it into the system. We were talking about when it was first discovered that it was possible. Did you even play here at the time?? Bad example really.

Slick Brick

Grandmaster
just like u need to gitGud@PvPnStopTakingScreenshotsOfOtherPlayersKillsRiteDawg?

Besides, that's not even the first time that staff embraced the tracking bug and encorporated it into the system. We were talking about when it was first discovered that it was possible. Did you even play here at the time?? Bad example really.
Why are you bitching about something at (edit: ) RDA creation is the real question, and gitRealKid u have seen what happens to people who 1v1 me.. don't be next.

Get in the here and now!!

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I can assure you I'm both in the here and now and also the topic of your lame discussions in your teamspeak channel. That much is obvious.

Messremb

Grandmaster
good thing I said crying for punishment not crying for a ban. You're just to eager to argue with me to read what I write I guess.

Sorry we play by the rules and would like to see cheaters and exploiters actually punished.

$ guild is tapping into more markets than your alliance is, they have less time to track than you do. So it's obviously in your favor to do this.

$ got lazy and stopped tracking, we got our fingers in every pie man trust me.

And yes, you took your bug report right to eppy instead of posting it in bug reports. That's exactly my point. Everyone is waiting for content to be developed and you're taking up staff time to ask questions about RDAs under the guise of a bug report when theres a bug report system that ranks problems based on priority so that we can get that content out. It's page button abuse. Stop doing it and stop thinking it's ok to do so.

We had what may have been a bug, we asked eppy via IRC hey is this a bug, he said no. man that really did take a lot of time didn't it. why don't you stop speaking for the staff and let them tell us if we are doing it wrong? thanks,

Anyways you gotta read before you reply this time, it's annoying that yo
u aren't doing so and it's causing another thread de-railment.
please show me what i didn't read, you are clearly taking out more personal issues with players in yet another suggestion thread, everyone who has been around a while knows that you like to think you are some big important guy, but the truth is you are a nobody here, the only time anyone will see you is you in game is exploiting game mechanics and not reporting them. did you report the boat bug that you can embark in combat? cause im going to go check that bug report page and if its not there, then the hypocrisy in this thread is strong.

how about Z axes bugs you use to farm?

yea thats what i thought.

my suggestions will benefit us in some ways its true but they benefit anyone who is willing to put in the work, including $ guild. they can still get the majority of RDAs if they are willing to put in the work, its just not freebies any more, for them, or us.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
btw z ''axis'' bug or axes as you call it was reported on more than one occasion by myself to developers here in the early days. Nobody cares and do you know why? You can't use it to do anything substantial. Nor can you by embarking onto a ship while in combat, hell, you can't even do it if you're in factions.

You speak of bugs yet I do not think you know what a bug is.