theif script: why i don't play much

Maller

Adept
I am Maller:
I have not been very active in the past few months.
And scripting is why:
Did a champ tonight, when boss died, I watched my backpack flash like a disco light.

Nothing against the pk's who killed me afterwards.

**There should be a delay somewhere between loot going into bag, and being stolen.

I don't know the coding for uo: but perhaps, for rare items, to start, at least a delay to let some know what is in their bag

Bongzilla

Master
Or how about when a theif is flagged and can just recall or gate hop right after said steal? Its ******** that a theif can steal and be attackd and flag in combat and hop a gate out yet the person they stole from cant because of combat flag.

Josh D

Grandmaster
I am a huge supporter of getting rid of the thief scripts, or changing something to prevent drops getting snatched within 1 second of them dropping.

I stole a few PS last night. 1 from Trin at water champ, another from Werkt at baracoon (don't fret fellas, they were just 105s). And in both cases, the players who got ganked stood little to no chance.

I modded a steam stealing script after Dig'em ganked two PS off me in one night, I was ticked off that these were allowed, so I perfected it, shared it will all of EQMS in hopes that enough people using it would bring change.

I hope they do something about this, I mentioned it to staff a long time ago, but it was a prevalent enough problem....go check arch daemon @staff...10 dexers, and 5 thieves running scripts. PKs are one thing, there is risk for the PK. Thieves....you may lose a couple regs and pots, but who cares?

In before Darkana says some dumb shit about "true" thieves.

Bongzilla

Master
I dont have a problem with people like your self using digs script @Josh D. What i have a problem with is when say you steal and i attack you and you have someone else cast a gate and you can leave even though you are actively engaged in pvp and having stolen withing a 2 min window. Killing a theif is np but when they can hop a gate you cant because you have engaged in pvp with them actively once again and they can just poof like a trammy with a gay ass bag of sending. If i get on my dis arm theif youd be shocked at how much loot i can aquire in a few brief minutes and yes it goes back to risk reward and the case i state is risking the reward that has already been earned.

ON the subject of scripting the only way you can eliminated that effectively is if you get rid of uos and your hack ass pvp client and use razor and or no third party software or tools of the such. You can run a snoop macro and a steal item id macro on razor but it is much harder than any handicapped bullshit steam and sallos allow.

Ok first of all, thiefs are super nerfed here. You unmount when you steal a PS. It's your fault for not watching for thiefs. You can cast reveal and if you do a thief is basically screwed. I cannot understand people like you who demand an entire class be cut from the game just because you don't want to deal with them. That's against the spirit of UO. If thiefs are your problem you have tons of tools to deal with the issue. I've seen threads lately where people demand the tiles around the safe zone in brit to be stamina loss free so they can not be stopped from instantly running into the safe zone. They could use refresh pots to achieve the same thing but instead they cry about thiefs and demand the game to be changed so they can enjoy their trammel more.

Next time don't be so incredibly greedy for pixels that you don't have 10 mana left for casting reveal once. I've seen groups of people do champs where one guy would call out that there is a thief right in the middle of them and nobody did anything because they were so occupied with their greed. Organize instead of crying for game changes.

Also, you really blame thiefs for using scripts? Everyone is using a ton of scripts here, so thiefs are the only ones who are supposed to play '99 style? Also if it wasn't for the damn safe zone half the thiefs here wouldn't even use any scripts. The window for stealing anything has become so incredibly small you will have zero success without scripts as a thief. With your demands you just pressure people in doing even more what you hate.

Again, organization and a simple spell would have saved you that PS.

Bongzilla

Master
@Engelschmitt the thief is one of my favorite temps to play. I just want proper mechanics instead of hearing stupid fixes that force 99 when pvp has so many scripts and pvm and crafting. I'm completely with that statement you made. :)

Yep, our sweet game has been butchered by automation, general faggotry and dubious macros.

Unfortunately, trying to argue with certain players (unemployed/meth head who spends 18-24 hours a day plugged into UO) is futile.

Bongzilla

Master
Yep, our sweet game has been butchered by automation, general faggotry and dubious macros.

Unfortunately, trying to argue with certain players (unemployed/meth head who spends 18-24 hours a day plugged into UO) is futile.
I agree to a certain point on the second statement. Also @Shane you said stealing then recalling couldnt happen we watched it happen tonight twice on two different champs. Please take a look at fixing these mechanics. Our guild has multiple testimonies backing this. Come on in and ask if you dont believe it. It bugs me to see "nerf/remove scripting for theives" especially when these guys are doing it themselves.

lollo

Grandmaster
Ok first of all, thiefs are super nerfed here. You unmount when you steal a PS. It's your fault for not watching for thiefs. You can cast reveal and if you do a thief is basically screwed. I cannot understand people like you who demand an entire class be cut from the game just because you don't want to deal with them. That's against the spirit of UO. If thiefs are your problem you have tons of tools to deal with the issue. I've seen threads lately where people demand the tiles around the safe zone in brit to be stamina loss free so they can not be stopped from instantly running into the safe zone. They could use refresh pots to achieve the same thing but instead they cry about thiefs and demand the game to be changed so they can enjoy their trammel more.

Next time don't be so incredibly greedy for pixels that you don't have 10 mana left for casting reveal once. I've seen groups of people do champs where one guy would call out that there is a thief right in the middle of them and nobody did anything because they were so occupied with their greed. Organize instead of crying for game changes.

Also, you really blame thiefs for using scripts? Everyone is using a ton of scripts here, so thiefs are the only ones who are supposed to play '99 style? Also if it wasn't for the damn safe zone half the thiefs here wouldn't even use any scripts. The window for stealing anything has become so incredibly small you will have zero success without scripts as a thief. With your demands you just pressure people in doing even more what you hate.

Again, organization and a simple spell would have saved you that PS.

Aren't you the one crying about pks 24/7? Lol the irony

Josh D

Grandmaster
I agree there are things that can be done to stop the script thief. Frankly there is a script you can run to place a powerscroll/relic into a trapped container...problem solved. But that only works on steam too.

I'm not a fan of the auto-everything in this game. But I do think the thief script needs adjusting to prevent it from being so easy.