Things that were fun, and made the shard popular and populated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
From the staff's perspective, there are a ton of things being worked on. Some things like the performance optimizations that Adam is working on right now will not add new content but improve upon the systems already in place. Things like these are needed prior to new content.

In addition, and it happens a lot, but a topic discussed previously gets tied into something new, which means that the new content will be completed before it is all released.

In particular these ^ topics are all still in the works and have not been forgotten about. Content isn't always something that can be produced in a week or month as the bandwidth for work is limited by the number of developers we have. I know in particular for the Booty Island Dungeon - Shane has been holding off on this to make it a special event.

Honestly it's just a matter of (mis)managing expectations.

I mean honestly man, booty island was opened how long ago now? There was all that buildup, advertising, excitement...and then nothing. And still nothing.

The content is always good once it gets done. It just shouldn't be announced until it's ready tor people to experience.

Young Star

Grandmaster
I don't think anyone here thinks that the current staff is not working hard to make the shard as good as can be. I do believe they are spread too thin and I hey know it.

There shouldn't be any public voting contests to decide who joins the staff. Treat it like any job application. Like I said before you will get plenty of volunteers.

You don't need to limit yourself to one person. It can be just a temp spot giving them access to a toolkit to create their event/quest. Give them a package of prizes they can give out that is approved by the staff. Once one person does their event give the reins to the next person.

Afro Man

Grandmaster
I don't think anyone here thinks that the current staff is not working hard to make the shard as good as can be. I do believe they are spread too thin and I hey know it.

There shouldn't be any public voting contests to decide who joins the staff. Treat it like any job application. Like I said before you will get plenty of volunteers.

You don't need to limit yourself to one person. It can be just a temp spot giving them access to a toolkit to create their event/quest. Give them a package of prizes they can give out that is approved by the staff. Once one person does their event give the reins to the next person.
Would be nice if it worked like this

Last edited by a moderator:

Deadpool

Grandmaster

No jokes here, I really like this idea. I think this is how it should be.

a magical man

Grandmaster
Events like Gluarang or whatever. There was this one event all the way from britain to cove i think long time ago where we were passing through the east brit swamps and giant balls were falling and everyone was slaughtering things and themselves. All out chaos needs to be made! The more intricate and random events were the coolest! I personally enjoy when a enjoy makes you travel through the game as a group , and as everyone is moving through from one place to another, there are quest's and missions you need to take on and people will fight each other to get ahead or loot something that will make you closer to the finish line i dont really have anything in my head yet about what even i want, but i just remember it was extraordinarily amazing for everyone when staff had huge events. I aint asking for rewards either. I guess what I want to see is, a staff member host an event where say.... we start from the desert and end at wrong dungeon fighting off giants lightning and evil minions that throw bones at you. and you collect items from the mobs, and people will kill each other through the movement and once we reach the destination you can turn in things for a weapon to fight a boss etc and when the boss dies meteorites rain down killing random people, and we have scavengers looting everyone and fighting. Just something random and cool and made up with mobs never seen before will make me happy. shiiitt lol

a magical man

Grandmaster
im not asking for staff to work hard either, just make some shit up for fun. Staff does an extremely good job, and i love UOF. It could just have a little more activity.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
^^ yup, agree. the number of staff is clearly the problem. this server is getting more populated it seems...

i personally like brit invasions and the gy invasions....should have a brit bank rooftop invasion and temporarily remove the safe zone up there :D

lollo

Grandmaster
To add to this, it seems like pages don't get answered or take hours. This is a problem - we need more staff.

I bought a butler 1 month ago (25k dono item by the way) and still need a butler name change. I paged like 6-7 times in the first week, then i just said fuck it and gave up. It's named ZITA, what a fucking ugly name.

a magical man

Grandmaster
I bought a butler 1 month ago (25k dono item by the way) and still need a butler name change. I paged like 6-7 times in the first week, then i just said fuck it and gave up. It's named ZITA, what a fucking ugly name.
Things like this aren't necessarily a problem in reality but I am sure they just take care of priorities and kind of just didnt bother to help because there is so much more than "Changing a butlers name".

lollo

Grandmaster
Things like this aren't necessarily a problem in reality but I am sure they just take care of priorities and kind of just didnt bother to help because there is so much more than "Changing a butlers name".

But honestly, how long does it take for them to show up at my house, change the butler name and get back to their business? 1 minute? Yeah, probably less than that.

Again, it's a 25k dono item, that's like 200 bucks, i think it's worth 1m of their time.

And before anyone asks, yeah, i also wrote to the GMs in IRC multiple times

a magical man

Grandmaster
but how many people actually donated 200$ compared to 90% of butlers were BOUGHT using gold. and it takes longer than a minute

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
To add to this, it seems like pages don't get answered or take hours. This is a problem - we need more staff.
omg this

i got scammed saturday, sat at number 1 page for hours. had to log, tried again yesterday and same damn thing.

i hope this doesnt turn into a staff bash page or dont want anyone to take it as that....just saying there needs to be more staff!

hell, im even ok with paying a monthy subscription fee

lollo

Grandmaster
but how many people actually donated 200$ compared to 90% of butlers were BOUGHT using gold. and it takes longer than a minute

Well, someone still donated for the dono coins and that money went to the server, so what exactly are you trying to prove? It is a dono item, and one of the more expensive ones. I can imagine that butlers contribute a lot towards the usage of dono coins.

Also, i had to page to "move" the butler from one place in the house to another and the GMs definitely did it in under a minute. Don't see why changing a name should take longer

Swayze

Grandmaster
omg this

i got scammed saturday, sat at number 1 page for hours. had to log, tried again yesterday and same damn thing.

i hope this doesnt turn into a staff bash page or dont want anyone to take it as that....just saying there needs to be more staff!

hell, im even ok with paying a monthy subscription fee

I also don't want this thread to end up like this. More of a call for help/feedback from a consumer stand point. My feedback is they need more staff and are overwhelmed and its actually a pretty easy fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.