Thread Derailing

Loki_MTD

Master
Is it me, or has today been the day of thread derailing... I feel like every sell post I see today, peeps gotta throw in their two cents. People don't care if you think this is too expensive, or if that is not as rare as you think. How about..... if you don't like how much people are selling something for, DON'T BUY IT.... Period. If they happen to get a sale on an overly priced item, then so be it... kudos to them for trying... and if said item IS actually way over priced... they will find out when it sits in their bank box unsold for a month. Besides being against forum rules, it's just annoying. There really isn't a set value on anything in this game... it all depends on how much people are WILLING to spend. Some people are deperate.

Cack

Grandmaster
150217-aerials-csx-train-derailment-01_72dacf9251e175116177c3cc45156ac7.jpg

Train derailing?

Cack

Grandmaster
Is it me, or has today been the day of thread derailing... I feel like every sell post I see today, peeps gotta throw in their two cents. People don't care if you think this is too expensive, or if that is not as rare as you think. How about..... if you don't like how much people are selling something for, DON'T BUY IT.... Period. If they happen to get a sale on an overly priced item, then so be it... kudos to them for trying... and if said item IS actually way over priced... they will find out when it sits in their bank box unsold for a month. Besides being against forum rules, it's just annoying. There really isn't a set value on anything in this game... it all depends on how much people are WILLING to spend. Some people are deperate.
this is forums on uo on the internet.....
dont post if you dont want replies....

Loki_MTD

Master
this is forums on uo on the internet.....
dont post if you dont want replies....

Wtf are you talking about... I posted BECAUSE this is the forum... this is an open discussion, you could post whatever you like... looks like you are the type that just likes to hear themselves talk... when you intelligence level surpasses kindergarden, maybe you'll have something of value to say. Mmmk? And what do you care about throwing your left field comment in... didn't you quit a month ago

Cack

Grandmaster
.peeps gotta throw in their two cents...Besides being against forum rules, it's just annoying. ..
did you not complain about ppl posting things in selling forums that werent about buying the items?
that was what my reply was about..try to think more carefully and/or remember what you typed
I posted BECAUSE this is the forum... this is an open discussion, you could post whatever you like..... And what do you care about throwing your left field comment in... didn't you quit a month ago
exactly to the first part
what do you care i care or quit then? to the second part

wreckognize

Grandmaster
They had to post rules in the selling forum. everyone knows why. cuz dickface lost rants and flames forum and so the toxicity is spilling over into other forums.

It's important to the economic structure to have a clean sales forum because it helps people get the most for their items. With a toxic sales forum, players would have a hard time getting paid for their time investments because their items wouldn't sell as easily. Some people want to get what their items are worth to them, not to others... that's all.

I say add rants back, people cheated less when they spent more time on forum

Darkarna

Grandmaster

Unfortunately, even though this is correct, you have blatantly opened yourself up to the very thing you are rightfully protesting against. If we look at the counter argument, someone could actually save a buyer from a lot of frustration, a new/newish player decides he wants to buy something, he/she sees the item in the selling forum and decides to buy something that is double to triple the value of the market price, someone decides to explain that the item being sold is worth X amount and not Z amount currently advertised, the new/newish player decides to wait and finally gets it slightly above market price and is happier overall.

Potentially, you are balancing yourself on the very very fine line of scamming here.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
If it is really bad, or selling/buying thread we will ban people for such things.
I'm not a fan of thread derailing at all, it's absolutely horrible.