Training your meta-pet!

Riversilk

Master
QQ what? The first 2 points are clearly bugs.
Anyway, i'm really wondering why ppl come into "Training your meta-pet!" thread and expect not to find some tamer related stuff...
BIG NEWS: you're not forced to reply to this thread, moreover if your comment doesn't really bring anything to the discussion.

Weland

Grandmaster
So I'm confused. Meta pets have perma statloss that can only be fixed by eating a 250k scroll? Is this phase restricted so lets say my pitiful little snake died to a mob because I got pk'd, once it levels up to lvl 2 does that stat loss carry over or does it reset?

Riversilk

Master
Problem is mainly for level 7 pets since stats/skills "reset" when your pet evolves, but when you reach max stage, you're stuck with those skills and if you go from 140 magery to 139.1 you have no way to train it up to 140.
Anyway, Magery/Poisoning/Resspell SS are not worth 250k.

Weland

Grandmaster
Well isn't a lvl 7 meta a walking god? Like it takes several players to actually kill it. Also the devs could release a dono item that resets a lvl 7 skills, basically it's died 5 times so you've lost those 5 points perma. Well instead of having to get a new meta and level it all the way up, you buy this 1k or 2k dono coin item that resets your lvl 7 meta's skills and you just have to train your pet. So basically it reverts to a freshly phased lvl 7 but you can train it back to the cap.

Belge

Grandmaster
Well isn't a lvl 7 meta a walking god? Like it takes several players to actually kill it. Also the devs could release a dono item that resets a lvl 7 skills, basically it's died 5 times so you've lost those 5 points perma. Well instead of having to get a new meta and level it all the way up, you buy this 1k or 2k dono coin item that resets your lvl 7 meta's skills and you just have to train your pet. So basically it reverts to a freshly phased lvl 7 but you can train it back to the cap.
How do you have a level 7 meta.. and have never herd of skill scrolls..? :confused:

Weland

Grandmaster
"Well isn't a lvl 7 meta a walking god?" The opening question would imply that I don't have a lvl 7 meta, I have a lvl 2. I don't have to have heard of skill scrolls to not know how meta's and their skills work with when it comes to stat loss. I just got this meta this week so I'm simply asking questions. Thank you for your input anyways and have a great day.

Riversilk

Master
Anyway, no, level 7 meta is not a walking god... it's somewhat stronger than a dragon (stat wise) with higher skills.
I suppose a single ancient wyrm is enough to kill it if left unattended (= you die -> your meta level 7 dies)
But your post is all wrong, cause no mentally-capable player would ever need to actually engage your pet to kill it, they will simple lure it to some mobs and have it killed.
Actually it's way faster to just kill the tamer and let the mobs he was fighting kill the pet, no need to do anything, and you break the meta level 7 skillcap...

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Anyway, no, level 7 meta is not a walking god... it's somewhat stronger than a dragon (stat wise) with higher skills.
I suppose a single ancient wyrm is enough to kill it if left unattended (= you die -> your meta level 7 dies)
But your post is all wrong, cause no mentally-capable player would ever need to actually engage your pet to kill it, they will simple lure it to some mobs and have it killed.
Actually it's way faster to just kill the tamer and let the mobs he was fighting kill the pet, no need to do anything, and you break the meta level 7 skillcap...
No single ancient wyrm would kill a maxxed level 7 with relics

Riversilk

Master
No single ancient wyrm would kill a maxxed level 7 with relics

Yeah didn't think about relics, which cost like 5-10m each (and don't work vs players, but this is another story :) )
But my point was that if tamer is killed, you as a player have plenty of ways to kill a level 7 meta without any risks, in contrast with the sentence "Like it takes several players to actually kill it."-> that's a big NOPE

Actually, even if it would take several players to kill it, i don't think it's fair to have it bugged like this, with no way to raise skills back to cap...
And i hate the suggestion of having a donation item to get the skills back up... WTF we already need to buy meta-stone and petball with donation coins...

lapj

Journeyman
BUY META STONE (why this costs 3m? or 15k coins? what's the point of it??? because without a meta-stone you can't even apply the relics)

Well here I am saving up for a meta relic, now I find out that I need the meta stone to apply the relic? I always thought the stone was used to only view your meta pet and relic progression. *sigh*

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah you can use SS at less than one full pt below cap apparently. I haven't done it, I don't bother dropping SS on my meta because not only does it beat the crap out of not having one but it's gonna get a skill reset soon when it levels up anyway.

My meta is trashed. I'm talking like 50 poisoning, maybe less haha but that comes with actually using your pet. Also I have about 15 poisoning and 30 of each SS stockpiled for level 7 :p

Riversilk

Master
I still don't get why meta dragons can't train all their skills up to the cap by fighting.
Moreover, when your meta is level 4 or more, poisoning cannot be raised AT ALL, even if it ends up at 0.1.
If this is not a bug... :S

aaron smith

Neophyte
Hi im new with meta dragon, just reading through the post and wonder if there have any update on following?

1) 120 taming/lore can control the lv7 meta dragon nicely now?

2) if the meta dragon die, can gain back to skill cap by training it? Or only can gain back to skill cap by scrolls?

Tks!

Riversilk

Master
@Shane talked about the possibility of a tamer talisman that could solve some of those problems (the control one i think)
I hope they will fix the skills training too: less skill loss after death, and the possibility to raise ALL skills up to cap by fighting
Because forcing people to use SS to raise skills is plain dumb...

aaron smith

Neophyte
by the way, i am a swordsman-tamer, i always holding my sword and fight along with my pets side by side.
so when i train my meta-dragon, will he gain full xp while im fighting & killing next to him?
or should i just stand back and watch him kill by himself?