Training your meta-pet!

Bromista

Grandmaster
by the way, i am a swordsman-tamer, i always holding my sword and fight along with my pets side by side.
so when i train my meta-dragon, will he gain full xp while im fighting & killing next to him?
or should i just stand back and watch him kill by himself?
Your pet will not gain full XP. Any damage done to a critter (be it by magery, weapon skill, Provo) will not count towards leveling your meta. Only damage done by the pet will count, and only upon the death of the monster unlike with meta dexers who gain XP with every hit...death of monster or not.

c0nes

Neophyte
Just did an RDA last night, got an egg. Pretty excited to start this grind. Then I read this thread. There seems to be some serious concerns with the level 7 meta. So I guess what I'm wondering is it still worth it?

lollo

Grandmaster
Level 6 is 110/110 Level 7 you should have 120/120 but some people do 115/115 but it is very very very hard to control at 115 start to save your money for a 120

Thanks man!

And does a lvl 6 meta pet follow orders well enough at 110/110?

Because i wanna do 5x mage 110 taming 110 lore. If possible i'd prefer not to sacrifice 10 wrestling points for the additional 5 taming/lore.

Not really interested in a lvl 7 meta =)

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Go 120 Taming 100 lore and you don't need to lower any other skills. You will also have to control equivalent of 118/118.

Wildtamer

Grandmaster
Lore is very important for tamers here is a little overview

Animal Lore affects your ability to control a tamed pet and also improves the amount of damage you can heal via the vet skill.

Using the skill directly on a tamed creature shows you a listing of it's stats, resists, skills and elemental damage distribution. At 100 skill points you may target untamed animals as well, and at 110 you may view information about untamed monsters

Animal Lore also counts towards your total stable slot limit.

i would go 115/110 and lose 5 points in something if you are not going for 120

Junior

Novice
Dumb question do meta pets lose happiness or are they like normal pets and need to be fed every now and then? If they do need to be fed what do I feed the snake hatchling?

Nevermind

Last edited by a moderator:

Riversilk

Master
they are like other pets, they do lose happiness when they fail to follow an order or (i think) when they or you die.
Feed them meat

Riversilk

Master
they're just difficul to target with the mouse...
you can press shift+ctrl and feed the "name plate" though, it's easier