Trinsic royal bank super guard whack happy?

SpyderBite

Expert
seems like my theif just gets whacked left and right compared to other spots... how odd .........

I've had the opposite experience in Trinsic. Vesper is the bank that seems like there is video surveillance every where. In Trinsic I've actually had some luck stealing on the roof. Go figure.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
Says you quoted me but there's only a period... did you regret what you wanted to say to me?

Ha. No. I just thought twice about publishing my experiences as a Trin bank roof thief.

But it was a long time ago; times were desperate; I'm a changed person now.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
The Trinsic Guard are always on patrol to keep our cities me safe!

I'm not sure really. Maybe because it's a taller building has a bigger radius?

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Most people don't realize that the roof is like a two way mirror, bankers can see through the ceiling but you can not see the bankers below. This has been the bane of many thieves throughout the ages, NPC's have the ability to see through walls, just another way to screw thieves. Another thing that has always blown my mind is the fact that, the more people there are in an area the harder it is to steal an item when in reality, the more people there are in an area, the easier it is to steal. Nothing will change, will just get worse, try and enjoy the class as best you can, more nerfs will be here soon ;)/

U-Haul

Master
Being a Thief here is so hard.

11ZFhMH.gif

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Most people don't realize that the roof is like a two way mirror, bankers can see through the ceiling but you can not see the bankers below. This has been the bane of many thieves throughout the ages, NPC's have the ability to see through walls, just another way to screw thieves. Another thing that has always blown my mind is the fact that, the more people there are in an area the harder it is to steal an item when in reality, the more people there are in an area, the easier it is to steal. Nothing will change, will just get worse, try and enjoy the class as best you can, more nerfs will be here soon ;)/

You can kinda see through the wall. I stay stealthed on the outside of the Trin bank all the time, open my bank box, and leave without ever going in the bank or saying, 'bank'.

You can see the graphics, but there is a very simple way of seeing what is inside.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
You can kinda see through the wall. I stay stealthed on the outside of the Trin bank all the time, open my bank box, and leave without ever going in the bank or saying, 'bank'.

You can see the graphics, but there is a very simple way of seeing what is inside.

I mean NPC's. None player characters can see through walls. For example :

Brit bank : Thief tries to steal from outside brit bank, outside west wall.
NPC banker inside : Notices thief trying to steal *calls guards*

This has been a big problem for thieves for many years and yes, it could be fixed.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
I mean NPC's. None player characters can see through walls. For example :

Brit bank : Thief tries to steal from outside brit bank, outside west wall.
NPC banker inside : Notices thief trying to steal *calls guards*

This has been a big problem for thieves for many years and yes, it could be fixed.

I think I get it; if players need a line of sight for guards to matter NPC's should probably need line of sight too.

At the same time, if we're doing the LoS thing maybe add a few more NPC's to flesh out a major city (not the little towns though); not many. In Britain I'd add probably 5 NPC's max that just walk around the streets, maybe even have them carry stealable rare's that respawn on a day timer or something. And one Guard captain that walks around constantly using Detect Hidden to look out for thieves (maybe give the capt'n a war-steed; something bad-ass).