Unfair skill cap

Kairus

Adept
can u make everyone's skill cap 720? the people that knows how powerscrolls give u higher cap has a big advantage over those WHO do not, many experienced players has 720 cap at their pvp chars, they made it by leveling those crafting skills first, then using power scrolls so their skill cap raises.. so they permanently have 720 cap. then they drop crafting skills and get combat skills.

while a 700 cap player has 20 alchemy skill for example, 720 cap player has 40 alch and that makes his explo pots deal much higher damage. this is actually lightest of examples... if u ask around u will see many 700 cap ppl runs with 80 poi, 90 healing, 90 anatomy etc. while a 720 cap person has those as GM . and has clear insane advantage over the other guys.

that 20 skill matters a lot and i dont wana be one of those abusers...

Last edited by a moderator:

Loki_MTD

Master
Correct me if I'm wrong.. your trying g to call for a nerd to help all the people that don't read the rules or understand the mechanics of how the game works?

Sorry, but it's not like all this I found isn't readily available for people that just take a little time to research.

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
Is this true? I thought I couldn't go over 700 even if I dropped a 120 skill.

If so, that's good for me cuz I can still get 7x on my dexxer and keep 20 magery for recalls.

I wouldn't call it unfair, since everyone can do it. And it does come at a price cuz it means you have to dedicate time and resources to raising a skill you will never use to 115.

Loki_MTD

Master
Peace is the easiest, and cheapest way to max out skill cap if you don't use any skills that can be power scrolled.. you can afk macro with only the cost of the intruments used. Trying to use a crafting skill just to get 20 more skill points can get expensive, even using skill scrolls to max to 115

SidX

Grandmaster
Yes, you can do this to get 20 magery and use scrolls to recal. I personally feel EVERY template should have at least 50-60 magery, preferably gm.
Who uses scrolls to recall? Why not just use a runebook? 100% success rate with 0.0 Magery!

n8m8

Journeyman
This is old information. Not a bug really. With power scrolls and skill scrolls you'll get 720 skill cap. It's the same whether you keep your 120 skill or not. This is the reason why there's still some demand for certain power scrolls.

As long as we have power scrolls on uof, this shouldn't be an issue. 20 extra points won't make anyone too good. It mostly allows a pure dexxer to recall or cast magic reflection. Pretty much every decent player is an alchy mage or alchy dexxer already. Do some champs or buy some scrolls if you really need 20 extra points.

Last edited by a moderator:

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
Put those 20 points into spirit speak so you can listen to the wails of the noobs you brutally slaughtered with your godly 720 cap

Cheapsuit

Master
@The people who have 720 skill cap... just stop it already...stop acting like this isn't an advantage cuz if it wasn't you wouldn't have gone through the trouble to up your cap. People kill me with reasoning on matters that tilts the scales in their favor. I get that you had to pay and go through trouble to get it but leave it at that and spare us the plead of how it doesn't provide any advantage. Its selfish and insulting.

VeryCoolCat

Apprentice
20 in any skill... isn't very much.

Well maybe alchemy... but thats like what? 2 health points extra healed?

What would you do with those extra 20 skill points out of curiosity?

Malkraven

Grandmaster
20 in any skill... isn't very much.

Well maybe alchemy... but thats like what? 2 health points extra healed?

What would you do with those extra 20 skill points out of curiosity?

pretty sure alcy only works for purple potions here anyway. only time ive really botherd with 720 is on 8 skills templates like stealthers where i can run with less than gm in some skills

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
With a uoforever toon, there's a multitude of ways you can capitalize on that extra 20.

Yes its an advantage! No it shouldn't be changed to 720 across the board. Its an advantage so go out and work for it!