Unnerf Meta Talisman xp gain

halygon

Grandmaster
Just spoke with @eppy. There were no nerfs that occured to talismans. He is running calculations/validations to check to see if something broke or to confirm that everything is working the same.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
well the perk items are powerhour 2.0 they just way more flexible and with the decay time on them they will be stay cheap.
exactly. the good thing about them is YOU choose your "power hour". not everyone can get on the same time with the different time zones. i think its a great alternative..and the expiration will keep them cheap.

i do wish there were random time frames during the day (maybe 1 hour, per day or week) that would have double xp and double gold drops. it could be totally random and only way to know is to be playing in that time frame and notice the double rewards.

maybe....?

Young Star

Grandmaster
I am seeing that the killing blow was not awarding me any XP points. THis would makes sense that a lower damage weapon would yield higher XP gains from the same mob. Since a LJ zerker hitting a mob for 200+ hp on the kill shot they end up missing out on all the XP vs someone getting the mob all the way to like 30hp before dying. When working properly it should not matter how fast you kill the mob, you should get the same XP if you are soloing it.

Sparty

Neophyte
Just do me a favor, try killing OL's with a standard run of the mill non slayer weapon. Do this 10 times recording the change of exp in a spreadsheet. Now kill 10 more with a slayer weapon doing the same as above. I GUARANTY you will get better gains without the slayer weapon.
Now try killing one with a butcher knife, i bet gains will be even higher.

The thing is, which people fail to realize, is that relics/talisman bonuses are not factored into the exp you gain from killing. The more damage you do via talisman and any damage from a relic is not factored in! If its gains you worry about, reset your talisman (unequip/equip) and then go fight and get max gains.

Using a low quality weapon only evens out the rng a bit because there are more hits total. So yes this will ensure you cap more often but it wont take you past the cap. I did test this with a newbie kat vs a slayer on a few mob types and the difference was negligible only about 15% from highest xp mob to lowest xp mob. Which could have been explained by the mob spawning with different health and have nothing to do with damage. I also did more in depth testing with mage tali using magic arrow vs flamestrike vs ebolt vs lightning and came to similar results. According to your logic Flamestrike should have preformed the worst but it was in the middle.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Using a low quality weapon only evens out the rng a bit because there are more hits total. So yes this will ensure you cap more often but it wont take you past the cap. I did test this with a newbie kat vs a slayer on a few mob types and the difference was negligible only about 15% from highest xp mob to lowest xp mob. Which could have been explained by the mob spawning with different health and have nothing to do with damage. I also did more in depth testing with mage tali using magic arrow vs flamestrike vs ebolt vs lightning and came to similar results. According to your logic Flamestrike should have preformed the worst but it was in the middle.
When it is working properly, if you kill a mob solo it does not matter how many hits it takes to kill it.

Zoobler

Grandmaster
Lexington is correct. When I was leveling my talisman Katana slayer awarded more xp over time due to the faster kills/more mobs. Also relics did generate talisman xp. I could tread a Drake then kill it in one swing and get decent xp.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
Please revert meta talisman xp to the same levels it was at before double xp.

Currently one Ogre Lord = about 120 xp
during double xp Ogre Lord = about 400xp
before double xp Ogre lord = about 200xp

under the old xp it would take approximately 3620 OLs from 0 to Max
under the new xp it is about 6034

The talismans are already exceptionally grindy even compared to taming. Many people have also exploited or macroed them up before changes were made, so this hurts new players that are interested in the talismans the most. Please consider reverting this change.
Ouch.. that sounds like a pretty big difference.....