UOF Launcher Tree Hack no longer working since Booty Bay Update.

Just as the title states since the Booty Bay update the Optional Tree Hack in the UOF Launcher is no longer working.

I have tried multiple times to select and unselect the option and the trees remain.

Nature is overrated, I need my screen clear so I can mine easier and run from PK's more efficiently :]P

But then I wouldn't have had the pleasure of receiving your snide replay Swayze!

And btw, those files don't work for people with updated clients because they are to the old art files for the old client 7.0.23.1 and lower.

With the new updated client 7.0.24.0 and up, the artLegacyMul.uop is the file that needs to be replace.

Last edited by a moderator:

account51

Master
@account51 could you help me? what files are you transferring to where?

Find tree hack files from somewhere, search this forum, or I think Shini still hosts some on her website. Once you have the files, make an archive folder in your UO installation directory. Copy and paste these existing files into the folder:

Old Client-
art.mul
art.def
artidx.mul

NewClient-
artLegacyMUL.uop

When you have the new "hack" files, paste them into your installation directory overwriting the old ones. If you need to go back, transpose this process with the hacked files and your archived files.

I typed this from memory, so there may be minor edits.

Rafelito

Journeyman
I have the same problem. If I copy paste all those files, will I still be able to so UOF specific content (New ships, booty isle etc)?
Why doesn't the check box just get fixed...? :eek:

yarr

Adept
I got mine working after deleting all my previous files, then I installed as administrator with install files on desktop