Update on Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uofreakkk

Adept
For all the people who inboxed me and added me on skype about what was happening and going down.

After talking with @Shane in call for damn near 4 hours talking about what happened and other things Uo related we came to a decision on what would be best to remember Eric by ingame. Shane suggested a house drop event for Eric's keep either on the 24th or the 27th or when he has time to do it. Possibly a memorial will be done after for him too, which I would like to see more then anything. Eric was a dedicated player and Staff member for awhile who touched a lot of people here including staff and it's only fitting that he be remembered as such.

I know there were some people (very few) who were questioning my motives about having Eric's keep passed down to me and believe me the intentions were strictly to turn his keep into a memorial, which I still could have done as co-owner but the intent was to co own some of his in game friends to help. Shane had doubts about me being Eric's IRL friend and my motives which I get , there are people in Ultima Online who would pull some crap like that and I totally get it, it is a business for Shane not a hobby and I probably shouldn't have even brought it up as it caused red flags. When your friend just died the last thing I was thinking is that Anyone would think I would have anything but the best intentions for Eric but I forgot that I live in a generation where people would actually take advantage of that and that's where I guess I messed up.

Me and Shane are now good and I gave him Eric's parents info in case he wants to contact them after the holidays to pay respects or just talk with them.

I've played this game since 1998 and it always held a special spot in my heart especially with Eric since this is the game we grew up on. It really saddens me that people would think my intentions was to take advantage of Eric's death but people will always have their own opinions and assumptions no matter what you say or proof you give them. Shane now knows what my intentions were and honestly his opinion is the only one that matters to me at this point , It is sad however that there are some people who decided to instead of posting postive things on Erics memorial thread, they used it to be negative and troll and because of that the thread was deleted.

Anyways, Just letting everyone know everything is Good now and something will be done with Eric's keep sometime this week or when Shane has time. As for his brothers houses they will probably fall which is for the best since I doubt his brother will be making a return to Ultima Online. I know people are probably thinking I should just let this go but my passion for Eric to be remembered goes way beyond anyone's personal opinions of me and I would do no less for any of my friends.

Happy Holidays and God bless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ionized

Grandmaster
Really saddens to hear about all this. I played with him pretty much since i started here. They should really do some sort of memorial. He did donate alot to the server. Helped out ALOT of people.... Still can't believe he is gone. Logged on to skype the other day and saw RIP eric messages. =(

Uofreakkk

Adept
Really saddens to hear about all this. I played with him pretty much since i started here. They should really do some sort of memorial. He did donate alot to the server. Still can't believe he is gone. Logged on to skype the other day and saw RIP eric messages. =(

They will i'm sure, me and Shane had our moment but he seems to be a man of his word so i'm sure he will when he has some free time. Sorry for your loss

wreckognize

Grandmaster
still tho buddy like first thing that comes out of your mouth is memorial, but in the same breath you're talking about wanting to finish his goal of making 120 tamer by eating all his tame ss... if anything that should have been in your 5th or 6th PM not your first. You're going to need to look within on that one, because it does show some things about your personality that maybe you're denying. Just my two cents.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Then you go ahead and make death threats over being embarrassed because of shane posting it so everyone can take a look and judge for themselves. Certainly given the circumstances you should be able to understand why that's wrong. Imagine the sorrow shanes family and friends and all of us here at UO:F would have if shane died. You shouldn't just be apologizing to him mate, how about the community?

Uofreakkk

Adept
still tho buddy like first thing that comes out of your mouth is memorial, but in the same breath you're talking about wanting to finish his goal of making 120 tamer by eating all his tame ss... if anything that should have been in your 5th or 6th PM not your first. You're going to need to look within on that one, because it does show some things about your personality that maybe you're denying. Just my two cents.

Never made death threats and everything you said is an assumption, you are allowed your own opinions not your own facts now stop trying to de rail every thread made about Eric , if you want to trash talk me go do it on another thead or PM me i'll be sure not to read it.

tr1age

Master
I am sorry to hear about your friend. We all deal with death differently. What you said or didn't say may have been part of it. (never saw the thread) So to be honest even if you did the worst, I would give you a pass. Why? Because death is complicated and it complicates our already filled brains. So I send my condolences and hope you all the best in RL and in game.

Uofreakkk

Adept
I am sorry to hear about your friend. We all deal with death differently. What you said or didn't say may have been part of it. (never saw the thread) So to be honest even if you did the worst, I would give you a pass. Why? Because death is complicated and it complicates our already filled brains. So I send my condolences and hope you all the best in RL and in game.

It really is irrelevant of what people's negative opinions are or assumptions but you nailed it. Despite what people want to assume but i did lose a close friend and people should have the maturity to treat it as such and no i didn't do anything wrong, maybe I could have went about it differently but honestly when all you care about is what you can do for your friend to remember him by nothing else seems to matter especially random opinions. Ty for your post

wreckognize

Grandmaster
try not to confuse me with some of the others who were trolling you pretty hard in the last thread.

I do have sympathy for you over this loss. I understand everything happened quickly and so you were not yourself when both you reacted that way to the situation and also in your original PM where you were simply throwing around ideas as to how to honor your friend who was passionate about this game.

So I can forgive you without an apology for your ill will against this community. However, if you never do then you'll never change and so it will just happen again the next time death comes around in your life.

Uofreakkk

Adept
try not to confuse me with some of the others who were trolling you pretty hard in the last thread.

I do have sympathy for you over this loss. I understand everything happened quickly and so you were not yourself when both you reacted that way to the situation and also in your original PM where you were simply throwing around ideas as to how to honor your friend who was passionate about this game.

So I can forgive you without an apology for your ill will against this community. However, if you never do then you'll never change and so it will just happen again the next time death comes around in your life.

That comment doesn't even warrant a reply. All I have to say to you is grow up, I did nothing to this community in fact a majority of the server on forums have been very supportive towards what happened and as for people like you , deadpool and the other guy who seems to want every topic about Eric de-railed and deleted you can rot in hell for all I care.

You are now added to the ignore list with your buddies.

Uofreakkk

Adept
Can I please get a staff member to lock this thread from further replies please.. apparently any topic posted about Eric is being targeted to be de-railed and deleted.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
That comment doesn't even warrant a reply.

Or maybe it does. I mean here you are being the advocate of respect and then in the same sentence calling the entire community a bunch of bitches. Wouldn't be a big deal of course if you weren't trying to get friends to quit the server over what you take as disrespect.

You're painting a picture of yourself here and well it's not the finest piece of artwork I've seen. Yes I do troll here and there but for humour, however it would be pretty classless if I took this kind of opportunity to do so which is why I've only commented to defend shanes judgement here.

Everything you're saying is just proving him right. It really seems like you want the memorial (plus extras) more for yourself than you ever did for CLMP. Of course I still support the idea of erecting one, just maybe not in any form of the way you've initially outlined with everything taken into account.

Anyways man wish you all the best, hope you can honestly overcome this shitty situation. I know what it's like to lose a good friend who I also started off in Ultima with, except instead of being dead he now wears dresses, smokes meth and kisses boys. Sad part is he never gave me a chance to not judge him for doing so.

Was this your idea to post the situation to come or Shane's? I would have let Shane announced it would have been for the best. Best of luck.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah i will post an event in partnership with UOFreakkk here and we will get something nice going which we think everyone will enjoy.

I apologized to UOFreakkk for making that more public than it should have been and explained why it hit a nerve with me as well as why after all i've personally gone through in UOFOREVER i need to have walls up, and really be cautious with my trust. He admitted as well that how now he can see that the way he went about everything came off as a red flag.

We are on great terms now after talking for awhile and understanding each other.

This should be a fun event in Eric's memory!

Silly Santa

Grandmaster

Or maybe it does. I mean here you are being the advocate of respect and then in the same sentence calling the entire community a bunch of bitches. Wouldn't be a big deal of course if you weren't trying to get friends to quit the server over what you take as disrespect.

You're painting a picture of yourself here and well it's not the finest piece of artwork I've seen. Yes I do troll here and there but for humour, however it would be pretty classless if I took this kind of opportunity to do so which is why I've only commented to defend shanes judgement here.

Everything you're saying is just proving him right. It really seems like you want the memorial (plus extras) more for yourself than you ever did for CLMP. Of course I still support the idea of erecting one, just maybe not in any form of the way you've initially outlined with everything taken into account.

Anyways man wish you all the best, hope you can honestly overcome this shitty situation. I know what it's like to lose a good friend who I also started off in Ultima with, except instead of being dead he now wears dresses, smokes meth and kisses boys. Sad part is he never gave me a chance to not judge him for doing so.

All i have to say is - you fit in well with those douches in ]$[ ...kthx.

Status
Not open for further replies.