Wtf

Messremb

Grandmaster
Crafting area should be moved to behind wbb.

The reason the poker tables and trade Area were placed there is to show how busy the server is, so let's add the crafters into that.

Also, if you bring the crafters further into the guard zone you will prevent a huge amount of the griefing that gets caused by guard zone exploitation.

And the thieves will have better access to everyone that way.

It's a win win win

P.S. just make sure the bank is not accessible from within the crafting zone (figured there would be complaints about this)

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Not at all. No-cut is to incentivize pvp. No stat sigil in factions is to incentivize factions. No cast on blues in town is to makes noobs feel happy.

nah man, no cast on blues in town incentives crafting and promotes a good economy. :rolleyes:

See, I can make bull-shit sound good in a certain light too.

Now, if you're done defending red-trammel, I'd like to return UO to the fun, exciting reality where you needed to be good to PK, cause it sure as hell isn't the only way to PvP.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
nah man, no cast on blues in town incentives crafting and promotes a good economy. :rolleyes:

Now, if you're done defending red-trammel, I'd like to return UO to the fun, exciting reality where you needed to be good to PK, cause it sure as hell isn't the only way to PvP.

I am used to no casting on blues in town as a red... it allows blues to guard the guardzone until they grow enough balls to come out and PVP.

I need to be drunk to understand your comments.

drasked

Grandmaster
Why? Letting reds kill in town under guard rules isn't related to no-cuts or faction incentives....

Except that reds would not have any risk of being statted in this scenario, because of not being able to get your head cut as a faction red in towns and because the no-cut is close to run to for cover if you're not in factions.

We should be happy reds are allowed in to towns in the first place, this makes factions on a red more viable.

Except that reds would not have any risk of being statted in this scenario, because of not being able to get your head cut as a faction red in towns and because the no-cut is close to run to for cover if you're not in factions.
Yeah but you can already do this, so I don't really see it as a reason. And for helping blues muster up the strength to fight reds, I am not getting that either. I just see blues that want to bank sit and look pretty.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Yeah but you can already do this, so I don't really see it as a reason. And for helping blues muster up the strength to fight reds, I am not getting that either. I just see blues that want to bank sit and look pretty.

Jesus... alright, try to pay attention: if you are allowing reds to attack and kill blues in town, then shit would be out of balance because all a red would have to do is be in factions so if he gets killed he can't be statted which would be, at that point, the blue's only real defense in the long run. Or if a red runs to the no-cut knowing they might die, then they can't be statted there either. Just seems silly to basically allow reds a step further into town interaction by allowing them to attack blues but they still get benefits of not being statted by being in factions or running to the no-cut. If people want an all out fight anywhere then red trammel needs to be done away with same as blue trammel incentives.

Jesus... alright, try to pay attention: if you are allowing reds to attack and kill blues in town, then shit would be out of balance because all a red would have to do is be in factions so if he gets killed he can't be statted which would be, at that point, the blue's only real defense in the long run. Or if a red runs to the no-cut knowing they might die, then they can't be statted there either. Just seems silly to basically allow reds a step further into town interaction by allowing them to attack blues but they still get benefits of not being statted by being in factions or running to the no-cut. If people want an all out fight anywhere then red trammel needs to be done away with same as blue trammel incentives.
Here's the burn though, blues can already do this to other blues, so... its really a moot point when you argue that reds shouldn't be able to.

So yes, it should be equal mechanics between reds/blues. Want to take away having faction reds be nocut in town... doesn't bother me. I'd love to see blues have a reason to gank a red in town - cause then they might try to do it outside of town too.

drasked

Grandmaster

No? Currently you can't attack a blue as a red in a town, unless they attack you first.

If you would be able to attack blues in town as a faction red you could just sit there all day and suicide on crafters without any risk.

blues can already do this to other blues

5 times.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Here's the burn though, blues can already do this to other blues, so... its really a moot point when you argue that reds shouldn't be able to.

So yes, it should be equal mechanics between reds/blues. Want to take away having faction reds be nocut in town... doesn't bother me. I'd love to see blues have a reason to gank a red in town - cause then they might try to do it outside of town too.

You do realize that blue's usually can't kill other blues because of g-wack, right?

You do realize that a blue can only kill up to 5 other blues before becoming red, at which point they can no longer attack blues..... right?

No? Currently you can't attack a blue as a red in a town, unless they attack you first.

If you would be able to attack blues in town as a faction red you could just sit there all day and suicide on crafters without any risk.

5 times.
Nah, I meant you can do it as a blue on blue, so red on blue is dumb to restrict. 5 Times till you macro off the counts.. sure.

You do realize that blue's usually can't kill other blues because of g-wack, right?

You do realize that a blue can only kill up to 5 other blues before becoming red, at which point they can no longer attack blues..... right?
You do realize you know very little about killing other players?

drasked

Grandmaster
Nah, I meant you can do it as a blue on blue, so red on blue is dumb to restrict. 5 Times till you macro off the counts.. sure.

I'd rather keep the faction no-cut for reds instead of loosening the mechanics around guard zone exploitation and suicide ganking.

Have you even seen the chicken runs done by flube? Those vids alone are proof enough why faction no-cut in towns is a good thing.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e185_WlQ-I

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Bah thieves are the worst all reward no risk

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

And yet another misconception regarding all those Shady Brothers and Sisters of the shadow. The risk of a thief far outweighs that of any class in our land Sosaria, for a start, we become one with 'The Way Of The Whack'. 'T.W.O.T.W' for short, is a right of passage for all thieves joining the cause, each and every thief from time to time has to make the ultimate sacrifice, his or her life. It begins with a flash, an exceptionally fast 'Poof' and a bolt of lightning that could vaporise even the most powerful of foes hits first which instantly kills any thief. The second is the defining glory of T.W.O.T.W, a halberd, so overpoweringly devastating that it beggars belief it is even needed in the first place. Imagine having a planet dropping on your head and you might just begin to understand the potency of this ultimately, fatal utensil of destruction.

Then we have the trust or more commonly associated with thieves, distrust issues amongst society. If one would be so revolting as to bottle all the saliva expelled at velocities exceeding that of a bullet towards the thief, the collector could easily irrigate sprawling expanses of crops and feed the poor for decades. The snide comments, the death threats, the 'your mom' insults and everything else derogatory on a daily basis would be enough to turn the Pope atheist. This happens daily and folks wonder why we are a pretty tight-nit group.

Then we have the principles of stalking an item which could take minutes through to weeks. Said item could flash into existence, nanoseconds in fact and be gone just as quickly, the chance or luck of wasting weeks only for a blacksmith or a tailor with X-Ray vision seeing through a wall and really ruining your day *See T.W.O.T.W*. Time is a resource, especially the walk of shame to the healers when your master-plan got interrupted by a vassal of security.

The above is a very minute portrayal of the trials a thief has to undertake, to accept his or her fate on a daily basis while they play grey-screen roulette with every mark in towns. Yet, we soldier on with our unused lock-picks, we resist the countless insults and extreme threats to our virtual well-being and we are here to stay *even when on break*.

Last edited by a moderator: