Expert
Here's my build.

100 Music
100 Provo
100 Archery
100 Anatomy
100 Tactics
100 Healing

Trying to decide between.....GM Hiding...or GM Peacemaking.

I know hiding lets you run in, grab bars and provo away. Hiding also breaks aggro if you get in a tight spot or PKs run in. I've heard from some people that if you have GM peacemaking and peacemake yourself, it breaks all aggro in the room. Is this true? Whether it is or not....would GM Peacemaking be better instead of Hiding?

(Not interested in replacing anything with Magery....before anyone derails to that) :)

Magery :)

But if you absolutely refuse to use magery, both are basically defensive skills, but peace doesnt work on PKs...

SWARM

Expert
I'm not afraid to die to PKs. I won't be carrying anything I don't mind losing. I forgot about resist. :/ I may have to drop tactics or something.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Hiding is cool because mobs stay provoked when you hide, unlike when you invis.

If you play correctly, resist won't be useful against mobs, only PK. Hiding is a good protection against them too.

Magery brings more utility...

I chose hiding on my new bard.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
For my provo archer, I went:

Gm Archery
Gm Tactics
Gm Anatomy
Gm Hiding
Gm Music
Gm Provo
64 Magery, 36 Med (100% recalling, magic resist, emergency teleport, and some basics like create food and cure)

I basically can't heal myself, but that's the hardest part of this build. My stats are 100 str, 92 dex, 33 int. This gives me 3 GH's in emergencies. I just stay wary of this, always carry pots, and hide when things get hairy. The meditation is quite good even @ 36 with this build. I always have mana when I really need it.

This character is pure RDA/champ build. Consistently dealing top 10 scores when using slayer bows. Always use a slayer, and try to stay blessed for the dex increase.

Snickle

Grandmaster
You're all way off.

Most people do this template:
100 x 7 skills - Archery, Tactics, Healing, Anatomy, Resists, Provo, Music

Instead, drop Healing to 90, Anatomy to 80, Resists to 70 and Bring Magery to 60.

100 Archery
100 Tactics
100 Provo
100 Music

90 Heal
80 Anatomy (honestly I'd go lower if I didn't need it to res guildies with aids)
70 Resists
60 Magery

95 str, 90 dex, 40 int

The 60 points in magery are extremely useful. In tight spots you can cure, gheal, mini heal, teleport, recall (without opening book), magic reflect, invisibility, Incognito, Arch Cure, cross Gheal guildies, re-trap popped pouches, wall of stone, mark, telekenisis and anything else you might find useful. It makes the character so much more versatile. All for just losing a little heal hp from aids, a tiny bit of dmg modifier from anat and 30 points of resists. I think I fail to heal myself from aids 1 outa 10 attempts. But with Potions and magery heals, its definitely worth it.

Ditch Hiding and Peacemaking. You're doing it wrong if you need it.

I run this template and its made me millions. Just started champing with him yesterday and we did four champs and I got top 5 damager in three of them. I was on my Macer/Provoker instead of my Archer but it's the same exact template besides weaponry choice. I just didn't have the proper slayer bow. :(

I also have no problem taking out Elder Dragon + Greater Dragon + 3 Dragons + 2 Drakes and a few Wyverns all in one fight. Just have to control it all and don't get aggro'd by all at once. Groups of 2-3 provoked on each other while u knock off weak stuff and continue provoking big stuff onto each other is the key.
#NeverGetAggro'd
:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

asics

Grandmaster
as other post ill suggest my build

95 str 90 dex 40 int

gm music - provo (110 provo its nice to have to have really 1% fails on hard mobs)

gm archery - tactics - anatomy

80\85 healing = cause you dont pvp, you can use pots, heal and g heal spells + bandages

75\80 magery= gm not needed cause its worth just for recall, mark , invisibitly, cure, arch cure, MAGIC REFLECTION

40 medit= really good to have medit..at least u get some passive meditation..

slyaer bows for each kind of mobs
pots of each type

and go hunt happy :)

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
as other post ill suggest my build

95 str 90 dex 40 int

gm music - provo (110 provo its nice to have to have really 1% fails on hard mobs)

gm archery - tactics - anatomy

80\85 healing = cause you dont pvp, you can use pots, heal and g heal spells + bandages

75\80 magery= gm not needed cause its worth just for recall, mark , invisibitly, cure, arch cure, MAGIC REFLECTION

40 medit= really good to have medit..at least u get some passive meditation..

slyaer bows for each kind of mobs
pots of each type

and go hunt happy :)

Is it really worth it to have 110 provo? Do you still fail at GM/105 with GM instruments?

I just finished my provo archer and I'm hesitating to invest in provo PS... I NEEEEEVER fail using regular instruments with my 120 provo. I thought that maybe, WITH the GM instruments, you'd never fail at lower levels...

What do you think?

I always felt that my 120 provo PS was a big waste of gold.

asics

Grandmaster
Is it really worth it to have 110 provo? Do you still fail at GM/105 with GM instruments?

I just finished my provo archer and I'm hesitating to invest in provo PS... I NEEEEEVER fail using regular instruments with my 120 provo. I thought that maybe, WITH the GM instruments, you'd never fail at lower levels...

What do you think?

I always felt that my 120 provo PS was a big waste of gold.

im sure that right now 120 provo is a waste ...i hope they fix this in future..maybe with some new freatures..btw i use just gm instruments..and i have little little liiiiiitle fail with 110..so i think 110 is worth it.. btw you can try at 105..and see how it goes!

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
I wouldn't invest in another 120 provo PS... I use regular instruments and I honestly don't think I have failed once.

Snickle

Grandmaster
Allot of failing Provo on paragon wyrms n balrons yes.
I'm 115 provo and never failed on paragon succubus at semidar but the guild members at 100 couldn't succeed.

lollo

Grandmaster
I think provo is definitely worth it until 110, still a good investment at 115 and a total waste of gold at 120

Vorax

Grandmaster
I roll with the standard archer provo, Archery, Tactics, Anatomy, Healing, Music, Provo, Resist, and it works wonders for me, I do champs everyday, and i'm almost always in first, if I do.t get top score i'm top 5

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

jamison1987

Master
my template is:

100 - archery/tactics/anat
100 - provo/music (105 provo, soon to be 110)
100 - hiding
100 - magery
stats:
90/35/100

yes.. i have no healing and no meditation.. the thing is, i dont need either for what i do.. i run in, hide, wait for the right moment so that i can provo 2 mobs without getting targetted by any other casters, unless i am comfortable with the area and can work myself until i can provoke it as well. i carry refresh pots, use slayers when i can, if not use the best bow i have. i can farm the high end mobs in khaldun with this template and a lot of others as well. i love it man, its fun as hell.

hope u enjoy ur new toon buddy

-btw, dont get resist, its a waste and a half.. a bigger waste than healing if u ask me

jamison1987

Master
What it comes down to is play style and strategy. There is no wrong way; as long as you are having fun with it imho.. Different techniques call for different skill sets. The only way for the OP to know which flavor he likes, is to try it out. Personally, I don't think I would last very long(at first) without gm hiding in my skillset. I guess I just grew more and more comfortable with my template as I learned how to play it. Imo, the objective of hunting with the provo skill is to control your surroundings; turn mobs against eachother and direct damage wherever it needs to go to keep each target's hit points as even as possible so they all die about the same time.
When I am surrounded by numerous mobs in a small area, hiding is key to staying alive until I get everything they turned on eachother and that is when archery comes into play. [emoji6]

jamison1987

Master
I will admit, there are two weak links in my provo archer build; no healing skill and low INT.. On the flipside of that, I'd say two of my build's strongest attributes is that I have the utilities that come with magery and 100 DEX. :D like I said, I seldomly have trouble with just regular farming(usually solo); but in certain situations at a champ spawn, I find myself wishing I had healing and/or a bigger mana pool.
Does anyone know the tiers of swing speed on this shard? Or if that is even how it works? I've heard different things about how swing speed is set up. If I knew the system, I would know how to balance my stats better, i.e. Lowering my DEX to 90 and putting it in INT. As for now, I'm not gonna fix something that isn't broken, especially if I don't know if I don't know what I'm doing. Lol