barbed tailor BODs

Bromista

Grandmaster
Hue switch-up, as much as I hate to say it, is the best way to get the BOD farmers back at it. Only by happy accident will they be getting deeds fo r other rewards.

ASK's would certainly be cool and you would probly only need one instead of the whole slew of hammers.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
The problem with the BOD system is that Shane has had to severely limit drops due to the massive BOD farming on this server. Simple fix would be the ability to dedicate 1 char to BOD gathering across all 3 accounts. This way Shane could tweak it to have better luck for those that dedicate 1 than the ones that have 5-9 bod farmers. Just a idea :)

halygon

Grandmaster
Interesting ideas guys. Keep them coming.

You and I have discussed this idea on more than one occasion. And it seems to me that ancient sewing kits are the answer.
Hue switch-up, as much as I hate to say it, is the best way to get the BOD farmers back at it. Only by happy accident will they be getting deeds fo r other rewards.

ASK's would certainly be cool and you would probly only need one instead of the whole slew of hammers.
See I am not sure about Ancient Sewing Kits. The idea is be equivalent to ASHs right? This will mean that horned & barbed runic bone armor will just become common place. I don't like that one bit.

Fattson

Grandmaster
@halygon Not if the ASKs take the reward slot of some of the horned and barbed lbods. Doing this would drastically decrease the amount of rsks on the server while increasing the excep chance of bone ar. I don't see that being a bad thing. Maybe decrease the prices on barbed bone suits and I could live with that.

Fattson

Grandmaster
The problem with the BOD system is that Shane has had to severely limit drops due to the massive BOD farming on this server. Simple fix would be the ability to dedicate 1 char to BOD gathering across all 3 accounts. This way Shane could tweak it to have better luck for those that dedicate 1 than the ones that have 5-9 bod farmers. Just a idea :)
I disagree. Every bod runner is a player sacrificing that slot that could be something else. I don't think those that run multiple runner should be punished, as they're already punishing themselves in other way ie less pvm/pvp chars.

AssHat

Grandmaster
The problem lies within the whole tailor bod system. All the items from tailoring are almost garbage. Few people fill any rug,tapestry,stretched hide and powerscrolls. Selling a 120 tailor ps fro less than 150k when I started was the first sign tailoring was almost non existent besides tier 5,cbd, and kits. I feel due to the reward there is a fraction of people who pull tailor to smith bods. The tailor rewards also seem like a good way to introduce unique and items only found on uof to rewards.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah I think replacing half of the lower teir rewards with new deco/trinkets would be great for entry level crafters. Instead of having a 50/50 change at a polar bear or regular bear rug, small or medium stretched hides maybe those could have a couple items added to give a 25% chance for a particular reward from those deeds?

Da Witch Dr

Master
I know I'm late to the party boys but I agree that a little love thrown at the tailoring bod system would be great.

I know on the platinum vendors there are sweet looking carpet tiles. Could this (or something else - open to suggestions) be crafted with an ASK to help boost demand?

Btw I have received one barbed x20 Sbod in all my days of UOF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bromista

Grandmaster
@halygon Not if the ASKs take the reward slot of some of the horned and barbed lbods. Doing this would drastically decrease the amount of rsks on the server while increasing the excep chance of bone ar. I don't see that being a bad thing. Maybe decrease the prices on barbed bone suits and I could live with that.
Definitely need to make sure drop rates are adjusted so the market isn't flooded. Bone has needed to be more accessible for some time now, and as long as the ASK's were introduced properly then it won't be a huge influx.

Half the stitches would go to filling bone BODs, the other half would go to barbed suits.

I mean how often do we see people buying bone?

pacrsfan

Master
If nothing else switch up tennis ball yellow with blood red.BS bods are so much better due to the amount of good rewards you can get.I don't fill my BS bods I just sell them to other crafters an make way more than I can filling tailor bods.I have one char 120 tailor/120 smith to collect bods with and even though half my BS bods are wepons I still have made mils since I started collecting in Jan.

Hydro

Grandmaster
i have 20 exept horn 6 set and 20 exept spined 5 set LBOD

yet to pull smalls just larges

Last edited by a moderator:

Da Witch Dr

Master
@Bromista

Not too often but I think @wizx has a good vendor that moves bone armor.

Making bone with a better exceptional chance would be nice...

What if with an ASK one could make a repair kit for armor. It would have charges, not blessed, and be a challenge to craft.

I could be way out in left field here but I know that my Defense Dexxer (and other Dexxers) would benefit from such a thing.... Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AssHat

Grandmaster
just did fast math of my bod pullers:
10 months:
1 Valorite Hammer
1 Barbed Runic Sewing Kit

pulled in roughly 3,720 tailor bods and about 3,720 smith bods, for a total of 7,440.

not a single barbed bod, which is kinda impressive for these numbers, and i am just one person!!!

Fattson

Grandmaster
Asks would give incentive to put crafters in factions. Would give pvpers more incentive to join because they can wear blessed ar. Pvmers would need to be around for the silver demand. Etc...

halygon

Grandmaster
Asks would give incentive to put crafters in factions. Would give pvpers more incentive to join because they can wear blessed ar. Pvmers would need to be around for the silver demand. Etc...
Not sure I understand your logic. Pvpers are poor, so changes need to appeal to pvmers for best effect. Pvpers already have more than enough reasons to want tailor bod reward crafted items.

Bubbles

Master
And please get rid of tennis ball yellow as a tier 5 cloth.It's so frustrating to finally get a tier 5 bod ad then get stuck with it.
I didn't know this still dropped. Thought it was all changed up a while ago

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk