barbed tailor BODs

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah I think having a slightly more available high end AR isn't gonna be a game changer in a bad way. Magic armor is already really abundant and horned runic kits are pretty easy to come by. I think if anything a limited number of charges in an ASK would just give another option to players to craft their armor more easily and with less wasted materials and frustration. Most of the benefit here is BODs IMO. Can't cut bone to return resources so you're probably using your kits to make bone chests/leggings and save yourself the hassle of those tough to fill BODs. Then you'll save some charges to use with your runic kits. Something everyone could benefit from but not a game changer.

Then again...just a Tunic and leggings would be 40 uses to fill a CBD 20x bone LBOD that only costs 50k in mats to begin with...so maybe upping the number of uses wouldn't be so bad after all.

O.k. forget about BOD filling for a second if you look at BS...there is never a runic swing going to be less than GM because you can't make armor with runic hammers. Why is beyond me. Even if you could you have an ancient hammer and you'd be a fool not to use one when using a runic.

You have a guaranteed chance to fail when using tailor runics to craft runjc bone with no chance to eliminate it. Only way to reduce it is faction bonus/CG bonus which still leaves a healthy chance to fail the tougher pieces. Having an ASK would be nice as long as they are not too abundant.

I mean everything needs to be tweaked and balance when added to the game so do it right and it's not an issue, as long as the juice is worth the squeeze. In this case I don't think it would be a lot of work and the community would get some benefit. I say worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fattson

Grandmaster
Just an fyi. +3 faction robe plus +1 cloak ar + NON exceptional barbed bone will still put your ar somewhere in the mid 40s. Non exceptional ar, in this case, has value.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
We most definitely do not need to increase the amount of high end ar on the shard. As is, the amount of players rolling 50+ ar is astounding. This has a direct impact to pvp and truly pigeon holes dexxers into only using high end weapons or be nullified by their opponents AR.
If no need to increase then what was the thought process behind defence talisman requiring 100+AR ?
Isnt this a gear based game for the most part? You dont see many solo pks rocking gm armor and weapons. To me 50+ ar is the norm and has bren for quite some time.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Not a bad point. Making shields more practical would be my guess. More easily available higher AR certainly would have its use for defense tali users though, shields aside.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
Not a bad point. Making shields more practical would be my guess. More easily available higher AR certainly would have its use for defense tali users though, shields aside.
As it stands the cheapo route is barbed bone and inv shield. That gets you 108ar but 1 fight and your below 100 again.

Full dragon and inv shield is 106 but again 6 points is easily taken off in a fight or 2

Full runic spined bone and inv shield is 120ar

Full runic horned bone and inv shield is 130ar

Full runic barbed bone and inv shield is 140ar

20-40 more ar to play with means more time in the field and less in the shop repairing.

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster
If no need to increase then what was the thought process behind defence talisman requiring 100+AR ?
Isnt this a gear based game for the most part? You dont see many solo pks rocking gm armor and weapons. To me 50+ ar is the norm and has bren for quite some time.
Basing skill gain off of 100ar is a move to get players to use shields and platemail. These are things not typically used within PvP, so it works out well.

The game is not gear based in general, but parts of it has to be, such as dexxors, even so I think those using the beserker talisman have shown that heavy armor (or any armor) is not a requirement for PvM.

The negative side is that bone armor makes achieving high AR with no dex penalties too easy. The weapons that are used int he field for PvP have to be more powerful to accomodate, so everyone uses power+ or better on the reg. Keep this up and everyone will be forced to used Gold runics or higher just to compete.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
We are undersupplied imo. Server demand for runic stuff is up and the price of kits and hammers keeps skyrocketing which in turn forces price increase of goods leaving the majority of the playerbase pigenholed into cheap crappy ar gear and a lot of frustration.

AssHat

Grandmaster
wonder if it has anything to do with pks and how many times you could lose these nice suits in a hour? a day? least when you die to a mob you have a chance to get whole suit or pieces back hehe

halygon

Grandmaster
We are undersupplied imo. Server demand for runic stuff is up and the price of kits and hammers keeps skyrocketing which in turn forces price increase of goods leaving the majority of the playerbase pigenholed into cheap crappy ar gear and a lot of frustration.
Honestly here is where I'd like to see the crafting community come in. Those barbed bone suits you sell are popular for a reason.

Actually, if crafters want to have a place to sell their wares and don't have a vendor house like you guys, I'd be willing to give away spots at my place. The only stipulation would be that you keep your vendor stocked.

I've never made money off of renting anyways -never even enough for the regs I gate daily with. But I am all for helping crafters out.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
Honestly here is where I'd like to see the crafting community come in. Those barbed bone suits you sell are popular for a reason.

Actually, if crafters want to have a place to sell their wares and don't have a vendor house like you guys, I'd be willing to give away spots at my place. The only stipulation would be that you keep your vendor stocked.

I've never made money off of renting anyways -never even enough for the regs I gate daily with. But I am all for helping crafters out.
Having a spot to sell our stuff dont solve the problem of runic kit shortages and price gouging for said kits directly resulting in higher prices at the player run vendor.

Only barbed runic I ever sold was because I bought the kit for 600k and got luckey enough to make a full bone and leather set.

Fattson

Grandmaster

I'll take them all.

halygon

Grandmaster
Having a spot to sell our stuff dont solve the problem of runic kit shortages and price gouging for said kits directly resulting in higher prices at the player run vendor.

Only barbed runic I ever sold was because I bought the kit for 600k and got luckey enough to make a full bone and leather set.
No but bringing to market a solution to a problem does and runic armor shouldn't be what folks normally wear - it will always be too expensive. GM made armor is what people can wear and not worry about losing.

There is a huge gap right now in crafter made supplies on vendors.

No server changes are needed to fix what's going on.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
No but bringing to market a solution to a problem does and runic armor shouldn't be what folks normally wear - it will always be too expensive. GM made armor is what people can wear and not worry about losing.

There is a huge gap right now in crafter made supplies on vendors.

No server changes are needed to fix what's going on.
Soon horned kits will top 180k. They are already nesting in at 150k. I guess killing the player run shops is what the goal is? People will only pay so much for armor they can lose in 5 seconds.

Personally as a shop owner and one of the reasons yew gate area has exploded in the past year i have adapted as well as I can to the market as far as gearing people for both pvp and pvm. As prices continue to rise do to lack of dtuff needed we as shpp owners have to step back and look at it from a buisness stand point. When cost almost over comes what you can selll it for then its time to drop thst item or find another way to aquire kits.
In my opinion its ridiculous that I have to waste 5 char slots on smith/tailors just to try to keep my vendors stocked.

Fattson

Grandmaster
This is gonna sound cray. But what if....WHAT IF....

There was some way that we could bless armor. Like, I dunno, say for about a week or so. It would come at increased cost to the crafter, like, maybe, I dunno, another form of in game currency. THEN. AND THEN. Maybe pvpers wouldn't mind paying extra for such a thing. Hey, eqms is gonna wtfstomp my face in. It's all good though. I keep my ar and my wep for a full week. It's all good. No big deal. Just grab pots and bandies and i'll be on my way!

That's too cray, right?

Wizx13

Grandmaster
This is gonna sound cray. But what if....WHAT IF....

There was some way that we could bless armor. Like, I dunno, say for about a week or so. It would come at increased cost to the crafter, like, maybe, I dunno, another form of in game currency. THEN. AND THEN. Maybe pvpers wouldn't mind paying extra for such a thing. Hey, eqms is gonna wtfstomp my face in. It's all good though. I keep my ar and my wep for a full week. It's all good. No big deal. Just grab pots and bandies and i'll be on my way!

That's too cray, right?
I felt a disturbance in the force....