Fix Discordance and Peacemaking.

If a blue discos another blue pet or peace makes another blue pet that person should turn grey. Disco is a negative attack why is this not fixed? Honestly I really truly don't care if it does get fixed or not, but i do wonder logically speaking why and how this is even a topic I have to bring up. Is it meant to be this way? Really truly curious

FAMARA

Grandmaster
It's meant to be the way it is.

it is not meant for a blue to follow tamers around at champ spawns with nothing but a couple bandaids and a newbied instrument to macro discord on their pets.

that is no risk vs reward, they are risking nothing. to just grief.

it should flag the discorder grey to the tamer. it IS a negative act.

jkg8787

Master
Agreed that on most servers/OSI that it's working as intended however it could maybe still be looked into.

I've had an ass-licker come by in Destard and continually peace my pets fighting something. Of course I'm not ******** and just kept hitting my All Kill macro, but still, it's a pretty silly free way for people to grief.

zekey

Master
agreed discording an innocents pet should be an act of criminal also coz it reduces the skills and stats for like 20%...
but peacemaking should stay as is coz i dont see any negative act from it..

Kraden

Grandmaster
it is not meant for a blue to follow tamers around at champ spawns with nothing but a couple bandaids and a newbied instrument to macro discord on their pets.

I thought discoing pets was considered a negative act and thus flagged people? Taking it thats a no it doesnt?

halygon

Grandmaster

Actually that's exactly what it does. The risk of you bringing out your pets is that they could be pk'd, boated, or discorded and killed by mob. The reward is your fat cash. For the griefer, cause that's what he is, can do these things but know that if he pisses someone off far enough, they may kill him.

But, who the hell said there has to be risk versus reward? That sounds like something blue tamer trammy's made up to accommodate bad decisions when wanting to change game mechanics on a system that has worked for 15+ years.

Get over it and live with it, griefers are players too.

FAMARA

Grandmaster
Actually that's exactly what it does. The risk of you bringing out your pets is that they could be pk'd, boated, or discorded and killed by mob. The reward is your fat cash. For the griefer, cause that's what he is, can do these things but know that if he pisses someone off far enough, they may kill him.

But, who the hell said there has to be risk versus reward? That sounds like something blue tamer trammy's made up to accommodate bad decisions when wanting to change game mechanics on a system that has worked for 15+ years.

Get over it and live with it, griefers are players too.

no one should be able to sit on a newly ressed character with no items, and grief without fear of dieing im sorry, you are probally the discorder dude. or you don't have a tamer. either way you don't know what your talking about.

Cerebellum

Grandmaster
no one should be able to sit on a newly ressed character with no items, and grief without fear of dieing im sorry, you are probally the discorder dude. or you don't have a tamer. either way you don't know what your talking about.

Discordance = a stronger version of Curse. It is absolutely a negative act and as one, should flag you.

That being said, I don't care because tamers have it too easy as it is and this doesn't affect me.

I'd actually like to see discord have some use to a bard other than to grief.

halygon

Grandmaster
Who are you to decide what a newly ressed character can or cannot do? I guess if you were in trammel then i guess this would be something to complain about, but this is not trammel, regardless of the clothes YOU wear. In fellucia there is greifing, murdering, and many things that are not RISK VS REWARD.

Anyways, this thread just a flame-war waiting to happen AND has already happened in several previous threads. The staff should just go ahead and make discordance and peacemaking a flagable offence because 90% of the players on this shard are here for PvM only and most of those have no clue how UO traditionally works, so they want only what is best for themselves (@FAMARA ).

Last edited by a moderator:

FAMARA

Grandmaster
Who are you to decide what a newly ressed character can or cannot do? I guess if you were in trammel then i guess this would be something to complain about, but this is not trammel, regardless of the clothes YOU wear. In fellucia there is greifing, murdering, and many things that are not RISK VS REWARD.

Anyways, this thread just a flame-war waiting to happen AND has already happened in several previous threads. The staff should just go ahead and make discordance and peacemaking a flagable offence because 90% of the players on this shard are here for PvM only and most of those have no clue how UO traditionally works, so they want only what is best for their selves (@FAMARA ).

I want what's best for the server. my death beetle cannot be discorded. but i seen this dude, running around champ spawns discording everyones pets, like the last 6 champs in a row saying 10k or discord. obviously no one payed him, i just dont think a character should be able to curse someones pets without flagging to them.

if you can't see that you are blind, i am sorry dude. your obviously some pro pvper, who has very stong opinion towards discordance.

halygon

Grandmaster
if you can't see that you are blind, i am sorry dude. your obviously some pro pvper, who has very stong opinion towards discordance.

I don't have any characters with discord or peacemaking, but loosing the ability to grief with these tools makes me feel that this shard looses a bit of its UO tradition, which it touts so nicely as a selling point as "nostalgia".

I am not blind nor would benefit from not changing this skill -- I only have a strong opinion towards changing things that do not need to be changed. That guy that runs around with a discording template would feel pretty put out if they nerfed his favorite way to play UO -- thats his choice of gameplay, why ruin it?

omnom

Grandmaster
I don't have any characters with discord or peacemaking, but loosing the ability to grief with these tools makes me feel that this shard looses a bit of its UO tradition, which it touts so nicely as a selling point as "nostalgia".

I am not blind nor would benefit from not changing this skill -- I only have a strong opinion towards changing things that do not need to be changed. That guy that runs around with a discording template would feel pretty put out if they nerfed his favorite way to play UO -- thats his choice of gameplay, why ruin it?

By that logic, we should bring back blue EVs that don't flag and kill without incurring a murder count. Why is it fair to draw the line in one form of griefing, but not another BLATANTLY obvious one? This character is clearly skirting around game mechanics to just be an outright douche. He gets ZERO benefit from it, yet causes severe annoyance to those he's griefing.

I don't want to spark any arguments here, I'd just like to help the discussion along with meaningful input.

Cerebellum

Grandmaster

His choice of game play is to exploit broken game mechanics.

halygon

Grandmaster
By that logic, we should bring back blue EVs that don't flag and kill without incurring a murder count. Why is it fair to draw the line in one form of griefing, but not another BLATANTLY obvious one? This character is clearly skirting around game mechanics to just be an outright douche. He gets ZERO benefit from it, yet causes severe annoyance to those he's griefing.

I don't want to spark any arguments here, I'd just like to help the discussion along with meaningful input.
There are a bunch of griefing points that have always been in UO and people actually enjoy playing. There is no monetary benefit, true, but not everyone plays to get rich, I surely don't. Ever heard of "for the love of the game"? Griefing is a GOOD part of UO, it starts conflicts and creates action. Obviously it has done so in this case. Griefing is not for the trammy heart though...

His choice of game play is to exploit broken game mechanics.
It's not a broken mechanic, it was made to work this way. Because YOU think it is broken, does not make it so.

It's @halygon vs the world. Where the hell is @wreckognize ?

FAMARA

Grandmaster
There are a bunch of griefing points that have always been in UO and people actually enjoy playing. There is no monetary benefit, true, but not everyone plays to get rich, I surely don't. Ever heard of "for the love of the game"? Griefing is a GOOD part of UO, it starts conflicts and creates action. Obviously it has done so in this case. Griefing is not for the trammy heart though...

It's not a broken mechanic, it was made to work this way. Because YOU think it is broken, does not make it so.

It's @halygon vs the world. Where the hell is @wreckognize ?

just think about the server for this one time dude, and not your personal biased point of view to support griefing, which has nothing to do with pvp.

one person likes to grief, using a broken mechanic. therefore 2 tamers who donate ect get fed up with getting griefed by this mechanic and leave the server.

good for the server?

nope.

halygon

Grandmaster
just think about the server for this one time dude, and not your personal biased point of view to support griefing, which has nothing to do with pvp.

one person likes to grief, using a broken mechanic. therefore 2 tamers who donate ect get fed up with getting griefed by this mechanic and leave the server.

good for the server?

nope.
I am thinking about nothing but the server. So that begs the question...

What about the guy that likes to grief? He leaves server because this change is instituted

good for server?

Nope.

I am not sure I am the one that is biased towards griefing here. I understand that although I may not do it myself that it IS part of the game and helps make it as great as it is. I am not biased one way or the other.

which has nothing to do with pvp.
Who's talking about PvP anyways other than you?

Cerebellum

Grandmaster

Until a dev confirms that this clearly negative act was designed as a non negative act, you're just talking out your ass.