Fix Spell Reflect and Going grey/criminal

wreckognize

Grandmaster
this rears its ugly head once in a while

let common sense step in real fast for everyone here

it's broke, it's been addressed about 10 times in the past, and it needs to be fixed

If you attack someone, you shouldn't be able to wait until their spell reflect is down to flag on them.

Fix it, everyone else who argues this case can eat a bag of dicks, because you're clueless and are a major factor in why a lot of things are fucked up still (ie; wasting staffs time with irrelevant bullshit about you think something should work)

the end

lol bro thats just ignant
Im writing this as if you aren't being obviously sarcastic, btw. I apologize if you are but

one word, adapt
the only way to really succeed as a scribe here is to be red so this doesn't matter. If you play a blue, you are not able to use reflect offensively (go figure)

the funny thing about this is that it's intended

Let me say that I play a red scribe, and I flatten newbs 1v2 even 1v5 on my red, its embarrasing for them to say the least. But it's only because they are incapable of remembering my template, because I don't play him every time I log on.
I also don't talk about how i only play a scribe on the forums, like your pal Gore i think is his name, hard to remember tbh.
May be the root of your opinion on this, again though, still not sure if it was just sarcasm.

FYI just because something gets brought up 10 times doesn't make it broken rofl.
Been a while since i saw a tracking thread tbh who wants to dig that old dead horse up? anyone?

Nubby

Apprentice
one word, adapt
the only way to really succeed as a scribe here is to be red so this doesn't matter.

Imagine you tried to prove your point, but really just reinforced what everyone else in this thread feels - that it should be changed because if you HAVE to be red for a skill to be viable, it's ********.

I have a red scribe and a blue scribe btw. Your "adapt and overcome" bs mantra is from the same ilk that gave Copernicus shit when he told the world Earth wasn't the center of the universe - ADAPT AND OVERCOME!

halygon

Grandmaster
it's still a viable skill for blues, just not offensively
still works fine as a defensive strategy

do you even lift?
Depends what you call Offensively... I'm blue/orange and I use it offensively all the time. But I think MY idea of offensively is different than yours.

I really have no trouble with what these guys are talking about and I have been using scribe for PVP since mid 2013 on this shard and 2-3 before that on other shards with the same reflect ruleset. Maybe I just don't see as many issues as other people.

Nubby

Apprentice
Do you even contradict bro?

You are arguing with yourself. First you say this:
one word, adapt
the only way to really succeed as a scribe here is to be red so this doesn't matter.

Then this:

it's still a viable skill for blues, just not offensively

That's the point. If it worked defensively it wouldn't be an issue. I'm sure you realize in UO that offense = good defense. If you have to sit there and wait for someone to finish your reflect before engaging them it takes away your major defense and allows them to stay offensive the entire fight, when they should be on their heels dumping on a character with reflect.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Current mechanics really do result in a waste of 100 skill pts about half the time. It would be one thing if the neutralization were the direct result of a players strategy and not just an odd ruleset that players taking advantage of.

Kinda like how they had to fix turning tamers red by attacking their pets if they had flagged on you. One camp calls it strategy, while the other camp calls it abusing a flawed mechanic. Only one group can be right and more often than not the result is change.

I want to see change.

Bromista

Grandmaster
To the above I mean by coming back and dying to a tamers pets over and over resulting in multiple counts instead of the one deserved count. Was exploited numerous times until finally after enough protest a changed was made to prevent that

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Do you even contradict bro?

You are arguing with yourself. First you say this:

wreck: one word, adapt

Then this:
wreck: it's still a viable skill for blues, just not offensively

That's the point. If it worked defensively it wouldn't be an issue. I'm sure you realize in UO that offense = good defense. If you have to sit there and wait for someone to finish your reflect before engaging them it takes away your major defense and allows them to stay offensive the entire fight, when they should be on their heels dumping on a character with reflect.
succeed ''in getting a kill with reflect''
was what i meant, little baked.
your point totally invalidated though
babble on brother

wreckognize

Grandmaster
scribe still totally useful if you're just healing your group

It may be that some of you need to stop worrying about murder counts.

some skills are intended to be used in group situations therefore are balanced accordingly.

please tell me that at least some of you are being sarcastic ^^

Nubby

Apprentice
Yes, I'm talking about group dynamics. There were about 15-20 people at an IDOC. Everyone was blue and it was boring.

A few people, myself included went Grey in order to have people attack us. 2 people exp ebolted me, of course none of it hit me since I have gm scribe, but they remained blue to me (fail). In a 1 on 1 I could care less. This is an MMORPG so I'm only interested in group dynamics, which is why this is so critical to get fixed (unless you are red then of course it doesn't matter).

Not everyone is red, or in a faction. "Going grey" is a very common occurence and if you don't allow the grey person to protect themselves when being attacked (they stay blue) you simply reward blue synch gank squads even more. Again, it's more of a reflect bug/issue but it is worsened by having your 7th skill (scribe) useless when they gambled incorrectly but didn't have to pay the price. Simply med and redump because you're still blue. Are you playing devil's advocate because you're a "little baked"? Know when to argue, and when you're misguided.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Yes, I'm talking about group dynamics. There were about 15-20 people at an IDOC. Everyone was blue and it was boring.

nice opener, but not really on topic
still trying to use reflect to attain an offensive goal, ie kill other players. You arent just healing, you want to mix some agressive magic in with the added damage players take when they are fools and rush in. gotcha.

go red bro lol

wreckognize

Grandmaster
"Going grey" is a very common occurence and if you don't allow the grey person to protect themselves when being attacked

you bounced 2 whole combos, thats not even possible with 15 circles? thats insane man you must have 160 inscription. if you don't consider this well protected, what is?

halygon

Grandmaster
I'm still trying to grasp why you think change needs to happen so badly?

You have only described a very specific circumstance that did not fall in your favor. Sure it is replicable but not by a wide audience.

You are asking a game mechanic to be changed based on a singular type of situation. In other situations, what you are describing is a good thing. Think about it, for you -- the guy didn't flag and you couldn't attack, but what if they were trying to gank you and you were in factions ( I say factions because for some reason this shard allows you to recall if flagged otherwise)? If they flag on you, you can't recall. If their spells reflect and no flagging is done, then you can get away with a recall. That another specific circumstance, but just as valid an argument.

Good policy is not made upon the greatest good for the smallest amount of people.

Nubby

Apprentice
Because casting an offensive spell should always flag you attackable by the person you are attacking.

Being grey in UO isn't a specific circumstance. It's a big chunk of random pvp on the server. Perhaps people in factions shouldn't be able to recall away so easily so knowing that it would make even more sense to have it flag you attackable by the person you first attacked.

halygon

Grandmaster
Because casting an offensive spell should always flag you attackable by the person you are attacking.
Actually game mechanics say otherwise. In the case of Magic Reflection, an offensive spell does NOT always flag you attackable. As Wreck said, it was built this way and is useful for people exactly as it is. It is also a strategic element. You don't have to like it, but its in the game, so you must accept it. Just because this is a free-shard does not mean that all game mechanics should be changed.

Being grey in UO isn't a specific circumstance. It's a big chunk of random pvp on the server. Perhaps people in factions shouldn't be able to recall away so easily so knowing that it would make even more sense to have it flag you attackable by the person you first attacked.
I am not sure what you are trying to say here. Being grey IS a specific circumstance. There is a reason it goes away, it is a specifically timed event, players are not perma grey (let's not talk about thieves please). Being RED is a big chuck of random PVP and is NOT a specific circumstance, blue and orange also fall into this category. Grey, is in fact, the only status that is a specific circumstance and most people do not go grey on purpose like you did. As Carl said in another thread, 90% of this shard is PvM players -- these guys try to stay blue to stay away from pvp. Those guys are the majority here -- blues.

Nubby

Apprentice
It's not useful, it's counter-intuitive and it's a bug. Being able to ebolt a player and have it backfire still doesn't remove intent. You attempted to harm my character, therefore you should be attackable to me. To say otherwise is fanboyism of the current ruleset for no apparent reason other than you have a red and could care less, or like the ability to recall in factions.