Tamer Talisman!

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
As a tamer, I don't think we need a talisman of any sort. It's fine as is. The only thing I would change is the recall range for bonded pets. As it stands they will not recall with you if they are a few tiles away, behind a wall, attacking something, etc. I often find that to be annoying and a burden. So there are things with tamers that I would like to see polished, but we don't need buffs or anything... Plenty strong as is.
This is ten times more whining wanting more than anything else in this thread.

You have to ensure that your pets are heading toward you and not engaged for them to recall with you and that's pretty reasonable...

You're more worried about wanting your pets to escape with you with the press of a button than tens and tens of hours invested in a level 7 meta and it not listening to you half the time when you achieve that??

Wow.

signature field is blank

Native

Novice
This is ten times more whining wanting more than anything else in this thread.

You have to ensure that your pets are heading toward you and not engaged for them to recall with you and that's pretty reasonable...

You're more worried about wanting your pets to escape with you with the press of a button than tens and tens of hours invested in a level 7 meta and it not listening to you half the time when you achieve that??

Wow.

signature field is blank

No not asking for anything new in UO, just use to how OSI handles pets, and I like it a bit more. If you don't like how your level 7 behaves, keep it at level 6. Why waste "tens and tens of hours" on something you're just going to complain about and be unhappy with?

TheFallen

Grandmaster
LMAO "ENDGAME" something to work for??? What are you on. There is nothing to work for when you cant do ANYTHING to make a pet listen better at 120/120 and if you cant tell me why this is bad (which you say you cant) then why on earth wouldnt you let those who have worked for this have it. Please stop your narrow minded view of "giving" anything to tamers is bad cause they have so much. Its simply asking that progress actually be that. Progressive.

its-my-money-and-i-need-it-now.jpg

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah well im of the group that thinks Tamers have enough already. The op may have a decent idea, but no Tamers are way to alpha as it is , time to look at other templates for new stuff...

IE Relics (or wards) for crafters where miners can have Tundra ward relics that are capable of summoning earthin revnants that defend the crafter from assults etc .. just a quicky idea off the top of my head , for my point. Lets move on from tamers and think of the rest of the game for just a lil bit.
There were golems on OSI. Kinda surprised they aren't here to be honest.

Back on topic: I have not heard one good argument against greater control of level 7 metas. I'm going to keep plugging away until I hit level seven and deal with the loss of control until the problem is addressed, because quite frankly the problem will be addressed when more tamers hit level 7.

Right now there are some big names in the world of UOF that are not playing. It's not 100% because of their level 7s being stubborn and not listening, but I can promise that it's a big part of it. I have a couple guildmates that feel betrayed because of their huge investment blowing up in their face.

What happens when more and more people reach that stage? Eggs are being pumped into the game at a kind of absurd rate. Leaving things the way they are will only lead to disappointment.

It's not too late to fix things, but god damn is it not going to be fair to the early adopters when they do.

K A Z

Grandmaster
with how strong those lvl 7 metas are I'm actually glad that they have some sort of a disadvantage to them... I also think that it's good that kids are finally speaking out against OP templates OUTSIDE of PVP (as in 120 tamers with their precious Pokemons clearing out the hardest dungeon lvls as if they were despise lvl 1).

amonseti

Grandmaster
LMAO "ENDGAME" something to work for??? What are you on. There is nothing to work for when you cant do ANYTHING to make a pet listen better at 120/120 and if you cant tell me why this is bad (which you say you cant) then why on earth wouldnt you let those who have worked for this have it. Please stop your narrow minded view of "giving" anything to tamers is bad cause they have so much. Its simply asking that progress actually be that. Progressive.

Humm well .. Relax go back and Read each of my posts in this thread carfully .. I think the Narrow mind is in that you think level 7 is where you are supposed to be ... its not tho.. level 6 would be and level 7 has greater power with a cost .. thats an up to you level..

I know of a better fix how bout we just nuke level 7 altogether hummm yes lets let tamers run into a development wall instead of having a red line that they "should not" cross but if they wish too then they have to deal with the consiqunces.

The point is lets let the devs work on other things rather then cater to just the tamers.

Messremb

Grandmaster
It should take 30 PSs a meta stone and participating killing 50 champs. Great idea op!

Anyone saying they think tamers get to much love just needs to make a tamer to get love to. Its not like taming is an exclusive club. Its an endgame build that's why it gets a lot of endgame love.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yet, even given that ability to utterly decimate spawn...how fucking long do you think it will take to make that money back?

Lest he not forget that every tamer had to buy at least some of their shit from someone else, relics, their egg, scrolls, etc. Gold must be sank from the economy to even add these abilities. So it's not like we're all barracoon who plays all day every day and build their meta from the ground up.

Kaz make a tamer or gtfo with your nearsighted response. Input invalid.

Skinch

Novice
I would like to see a petball talisman that captures my pet when I die and allows him to res with me...

K A Z

Grandmaster
Yet, even given that ability to utterly decimate spawn...how fucking long do you think it will take to make that money back?

Lest he not forget that every tamer had to buy at least some of their shit from someone else, relics, their egg, scrolls, etc. Gold must be sank from the economy to even add these abilities. So it's not like we're all barracoon who plays all day every day and build their meta from the ground up.

Kaz make a tamer or gtfo with your nearsighted response. Input invalid.

I have a tamer you noob. Yet I do not plan on training up a Pokemon. In the long run those super pets will do more harm than good and completely de-value normal Tamers and everyone who is just in for "normal" endgame and not pokemon endgame. If they should add ANYTHING more to Tamers, I'd say that it should be atleast another 5-6 months before doing so.

PS: What happend to those metapet control wands ? Didn't Shane put one of those on the dono vendor?
PPS: Bromista, saying that my input is invalid is rather ironic since you're one of the most vocal when it comes to PVP threads yet are never seen on the field. Please get a grip you obnoxious noob.

Bromista

Grandmaster
De-value a "normal" tamer? Please.

And clearly you don't get what it is that I do. That is the irony. You PvPers that take that aspect of the game so seriously can't help but let yourself get bothered by my input. That's why I do it.

The new guys on the PvP scene? They just look the other way because they are smart. You are just as dense as the members of POWER, and you make the mistake of actually reading my posts and get invested in them lolz.

I will give you a tiny amount of credit, you do actually PvP a little bit unlike POWER. But you are clearly ate up with it.

Your input is still invalid, and the best part is that you're not trolling this thread. You're dead serious.

You know what my name means, right?

[/kaz]

Gill

Master
Humm well .. Relax go back and Read each of my posts in this thread carfully .. I think the Narrow mind is in that you think level 7 is where you are supposed to be ... its not tho.. level 6 would be and level 7 has greater power with a cost .. thats an up to you level..

I know of a better fix how bout we just nuke level 7 altogether hummm yes lets let tamers run into a development wall instead of having a red line that they "should not" cross but if they wish too then they have to deal with the consiqunces.

The point is lets let the devs work on other things rather then cater to just the tamers.

Well if there was a way to keep it at lvl 6 intentionally i would say you are right but there isnt. so lvl 7 IS where you are supposed to be with the highest lvl taming in the game!

Bromista

Grandmaster
Sorry if that was too wordy, @K A Z . I'll shorten it up for you:

I don't expect to be taken seriously in PvP discussion, but this is my shit right here.

You desperately expect to be taken seriously in all areas of discussion. This is not in your wheelhouse and you are out of your jurisdiction.

Don't feed the troll.

K A Z

Grandmaster
De-value a "normal" tamer? Please.

And clearly you don't get what it is that I do. That is the irony. You PvPers that take that aspect of the game so seriously can't help but let yourself get bothered by my input. That's why I do it.

The new guys on the PvP scene? They just look the other way because they are smart. You are just as dense as the members of POWER, and you make the mistake of actually reading my posts and get invested in them lolz.

I will give you a tiny amount of credit, you do actually PvP a little bit unlike POWER. But you are clearly ate up with it.

Your input is still invalid, and the best part is that you're not trolling this thread. You're dead serious.

You know what my name means, right?

[/kaz]

You're so cute, Bromista. I couldn't give less of a shit about that little roleplaying madness you have going for yourself there, and have stopped reading your posts throughoutly about a year ago. Most of the time they read "I'm a college drop-out please give me some attention", anyways.

And you're not agreeing that meta pets are devalueing normal tamers? Dude, like serious? I mean with the pace with which we're heading towards Pokemon 2.0 we'll soon be in an AOS-esque state where new players can't even be FUCKED to start on this Shard anymore. I for one would clearly not start on UOF right now, especially not if my favourite Template was the Tamer. Getting it to 100 is a fucking hustle, buying Taming scrolls costs a fortune, leave alone the numerous PSs, eggs, stones, whatever there is to come.

I spent the last 5 months leveling a Pokedragon in UO, am playing a money printing machine but am still not fully satisfied, please Shane give me more and fuck over the noobs.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Reasons to not give tamers control of their lvl 7:
To much time spent programming tamer stuff (pretty sure were talking 1 line of code here)
Metas are OP in PVP (skills capped at 100)
Metas are OP in PVM (the step up from a regular tamer is in damage output only a dragon can control as much spawn as a meta)
Tamers are whiners so dont give this to them because Im not willing to work a tamer or invest in a meta (Ok this one wins)

Meta is meant to be awesome because its endgame. There is nothing wrong with trade offs as you level (no poison on hit past 3) but a lack of control is way to big a drawback to the point most tamers would take a level 5 over level 7 (makes any sense?). ex. in a no recall in zone you go to recall out pet doesnt follow now you have to travel all the way to the bottom of khaldun without your meta just to get it back (oh and its now dead as well). So we have a situation where you are constantly balling a pet or lossing stats that cant be trained. Gimp metas (in general all levels) however you like for balance but control is not the way to do it.

Bromista

Grandmaster
^Boom.

Also LOL...kaz, poor kaz.

Reads 100% of my post. Says nobody does. Then throws a shout-out to AoS? Srsly?

I stopped reading at AoS. I didn't just say that I stopped reading while actually reading the post in its entirety. I actually stopped reading.

Take notes.