Ways to encourage smaller group pvp...

Kilike

Grandmaster
I am thinking of some idea's that I am not quite certain how they would work out in the long run.
So I'm waiting until they are hashed out better and edit the OP.

BUT I would like other people to share their idea's on how we could promote smaller pvp groups.
ie 3-5

'We' like to go out 3 at a time, and consistently when encountering other groups not only are they larger, they also bring in alts, en masse.

My issue: Is there any way to encourage a smaller group pvp without changing the mindsets of the players?
ie More>Better More>Funner

I enjoy smaller group fights personally and its getting harder and harder to find someone that doesnt call in or zergs.

Constructive Ideas PLZ...
I can't really think of anything that would promote small fights. Roleplay pvp maybe? On Greatlakes, the rp scene was pretty tight knitt, with their own set of rules, and honor.
Would like to see it happen here, but there isn't anyone really, besides Trin.

Zergs don't really kill servers. Every server has their own verison of the zerg.

The last two post u have posted it's been u crying lol it's funny servers has been up for 3 years u think staff hasn't heard this already either don't pvp or join a Zerg guild

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ignore lilassdick.
Sent from my SM-G900P

Last edited by a moderator:

Bromista

Grandmaster
CTF League would have been a nice way to promote even numbered PvP. Events are fun and somewhat balanced... if you don't count team stacking in CTF or cooperating in FFA.

You can always set up 3v3 duels in the pits and arrange field fights for the time being.

Fattson

Grandmaster
People don't like small group pvp because they're tried of being owned by Flube and the Australians. People can talk all the shit they want. Facts are facts doh.

Kilike

Grandmaster
People don't like small group pvp because they're tried of being owned by Flube and the Australians. People can talk all the shit they want. Facts are facts doh.
Tons of people like small group pvp. Those who don't are in eqms.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Fattson

Grandmaster
Tons of people like small group pvp. Those who don't are in eqms.

Sent from my SM-G900P

eqms were probably the first zerg on uof. After leaving, other groups rose up, such as !, 247, fatts, hi, and pch. All of which are guilty of running in large groups to more easily defeat smaller, more tight knit units. It's a winning strategy. As unfortunate as that is.

Serj

Master
I'd love to have smaller fights but there isn't really a way to make people do it lol.
I can't really think of anything that would promote small fights. Roleplay pvp maybe? On Greatlakes, the rp scene was pretty tight knitt, with their own set of rules, and honor.
Would like to see it happen here, but there isn't anyone really, besides Trin.

Zergs don't really kill servers. Every server has their own verison of the zerg.

Ignore lilassdick.
Sent from my SM-G900P

RP pvp would be fun times.

Usually people are cool about setting up even fights at Bucs though. Even though today @GluttonySDS couldn't handle the cool RP pvpers (Trin) and zerged our 5v5 at Bucs. ):
@Amberracuda idk what guild you're in but trin will do small fights if you wanna set some up even though that won't fix the fact that everyone has the mentality that having 2 to 3x as much people is better fights.

Kilike

Grandmaster
I'd love to have smaller fights but there isn't really a way to make people do it lol.

RP pvp would be fun times.

Usually people are cool about setting up even fights at Bucs though. Even though today @GluttonySDS couldn't handle the cool RP pvpers (Trin) and zerged our 5v5 at Bucs. ):
@Amberracuda idk what guild you're in but trin will do small fights if you wanna set some up even though that won't fix the fact that everyone has the mentality that having 2 to 3x as much people is better fights.
When I did RP pvp on great lakes, we used the warring system. Obviously you'd war only guilds who agree to terms. For example my guild was House Stone Soul( the good guys, based in skara) and we went to war with The Temple of Mondain, Urks, and a "vampire" guild I'm spacing on name.

Pvp rules were set prior. Towns were considered safe zones, except for Skara. No one but URK was kill on sight though. Typically if a group showed up in Skara, we would halt them, rp,rp,rp,rp, then either fight or they'd leave.

Just a general idea of how we did it. The fights were amazing, both on small and large scale fights. Had a no loot rule in place as well (excluding dungeons). Though to be honest, we were all in gm made gear, so no loss anyways.

If there were enough interest in such a thing, I'd gladly come up with some lore,a guild name etc, and try to work things out with a guild such as trin to war.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Serj

Master
When I did RP pvp on great lakes, we used the warring system. Obviously you'd war only guilds who agree to terms. For example my guild was House Stone Soul( the good guys, based in skara) and we went to war with The Temple of Mondain, Urks, and a "vampire" guild I'm spacing on name.

Pvp rules were set prior. Towns were considered safe zones, except for Skara. No one but URK was kill on sight though. Typically if a group showed up in Skara, we would halt them, rp,rp,rp,rp, then either fight or they'd leave.

Just a general idea of how we did it. The fights were amazing, both on small and large scale fights. Had a no loot rule in place as well (excluding dungeons). Though to be honest, we were all in gm made gear, so no loss anyways.

If there were enough interest in such a thing, I'd gladly come up with some lore,a guild name etc, and try to work things out with a guild such as trin to war.

Sent from my SM-G900P

@Skye Wolfbane @Jack Scallywag @Jacob Scallywag

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic

There is interest. However, there are few RP guilds. Warring a guild like EQMS who may not respect the rules (don't get get pissy, Glutt, but you know you got some asshat members) and then my entire guild is orange all the time, even the crafters. So I would love to war a guild I could trust. And will consider this the orcs or goblins perhaps in the near future.

However, you can all just do it for a couple hours. You don't have to remain Warred all the time.

Kilike

Grandmaster
There is interest. However, there are few RP guilds. Warring a guild like EQMS who may not respect the rules (don't get get pissy, Glutt, but you know you got some asshat members) and then my entire guild is orange all the time, even the crafters. So I would love to war a guild I could trust. And will consider this the orcs or goblins perhaps in the near future.

However, you can all just do it for a couple hours. You don't have to remain Warred all the time.
I'm away from home for another few weeks, but I think I could pull together some members to do this. I agree with your points completely, and think we could make this work, with small sized fun fights, without all the normal disrespect.

Sent from my SM-G900P

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster

EQMS respects the rules laid down by our council... if youre interested in some setups or this war type thing, skype me: gluttonysds