Ways to encourage smaller group pvp...

God.RG

Grandmaster
"large group fights" in uo with the ability to set targets offscreen are complete garbage, and the only players that advocate them are garbage themselves.
"large group fights" aka zerging smaller groups is what bad players like to do to consider themselves somewhat good at a game they've played for 15+ years because they can't handle smaller, more organized fights.

girana

Grandmaster
"large group fights" in uo with the ability to set targets offscreen are complete garbage, and the only players that advocate them are garbage themselves.
"large group fights" aka zerging smaller groups is what bad players like to do to consider themselves somewhat good at a game they've played for 15+ years because they can't handle smaller, more organized fights.

you dont like 1 hotkey pvp ?

Cheapsuit

Master
as constructive as always...
maybe i shouldve said sociopaths like you kill uo servers lol
after enough people quit thats all thats left.
Nah, these guys aren't worthy of being called sociopaths at all, they're full blown psychopaths. But to answer your question, the easy fix would be to implement the Chaos/Order system and not allow factioneers to join. This way the solo or small pvp groups can have their own battles without the interference of huge faction zerg guilds. I've heard they did this once and no one hardly used the system but I don't understand why it would be discontinued because of lack of use. I'm pretty sure it wasn't hurting anything but then again I'm not really sure.

Ku'tan

Master
I'm away from home for another few weeks, but I think I could pull together some members to do this. I agree with your points completely, and think we could make this work, with small sized fun fights, without all the normal disrespect.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Booga Tribe Will War You Let's Set Something Up

Ku'tan

Master
I am thinking of some idea's that I am not quite certain how they would work out in the long run.
So I'm waiting until they are hashed out better and edit the OP.

BUT I would like other people to share their idea's on how we could promote smaller pvp groups.
ie 3-5

'We' like to go out 3 at a time, and consistently when encountering other groups not only are they larger, they also bring in alts, en masse.

My issue: Is there any way to encourage a smaller group pvp without changing the mindsets of the players?
ie More>Better More>Funner

I enjoy smaller group fights personally and its getting harder and harder to find someone that doesnt call in or zergs.

Constructive Ideas PLZ...

Roleplay PVP encourages smaller pvp. Plus for some it's a way to get there feet wet before they may want to try to do zerg pvp. Just my 2 cents

CAPTUN AUSTRALIA

Grandmaster
Tbh, modern assist programs have screwed up large scale pvp. It's made it far too easy to be a gank mage and the game wasn't designed around voice programs or trag closest/offscreen targ selections etc.

To improve pvp we need:

A) better player mentality
B) a new must use client that is more simple that compliments the simple game design.

Large scale pvp is ******** at this point. Only drug addicts or spastics enjoy spell railing.