Swords
Magery
Tactics
Healing
Anatomy
Spell resist
Alchemy

Thoughts?

Since bandage speed doesnt improve for self from 80 to 100i considered dropong dex to 80 and increasing int? Idk

thestand

Grandmaster
That is a fine template. You could drop dex 5 and bring int to 40 for higher mana pool and you'll be able to cast gate spell.

halygon

Grandmaster
I guess my main focus at aome point will be PvP...
So essentially what you have detailed out is an alchy dexxor build. With swords, your most effective weapon will be the katana -- and you will need to have it deadly poisoned to get the best bang for your buck. You can also carry a halberd for big one-hits but these are not as effective because they have no poison or special moves.

Alternatively, you can go with Mace Fighting and use a warhammer to gain the crushing blow special hit, which gives 2x damage when it is performed. Maces also break down armor fast, lowering your opponent's Armor Rating and eventually destroying their armor.

The last option is Fencing. Here you can do the poisoned weapon thing with the Kryss or War Fork and/or go the spear route, which spears allows you to perform the special move paralyzing blow -- paralyzing your target in place for a few seconds.

Any of these can be effective. For Swords and Fencing, you probably want the 35int with 90dex - for mace fighting, you can afford to have 85dex and 40int.

Griz

Journeyman
Thanks! I got up to 81 real skill with Swords. Should i switxh to fencing? I forgot about War forks! I remember war forks used to own ppl.

PhireHawk

Adept
You can also carry a halberd for big one-hits but these are not as effective because they have no poison or special moves.

Halberd does concussion which is devastating to mages. Lowers their intelligence and available mana pool by 50% for the duration.

Griz

Journeyman
So my question about this template would be.... Does it make any sense to GM magery with only 35 mana? Ive thought about just keeping Magery at 80, and maybe resists or Healing at 80 to gain some hiding skill? Maybe poisoning? But i figure poisoning could go on an alt... Wouldnt be needed on this toon.

PhireHawk

Adept
It's so cheap and fast to GM magery there's no reason not to. GM Magery will give you 50 point Greater Heals which can be handy. I'd GM it.

halv

Grandmaster
I would drop magery to 76%.

With 76% Magery there will be a 95% chance to cast a level 5 spell. The only level 5 spell a dexxer needs is Magic Reflection or maybe paralyze for a dangerous moment. With 35 INT you can cast 2 times level 5 without waiting for mana. You can enter Wind Dungeon/Town with 76% Magery (i think 72% or 75% Magery is needed to enter Wind).

With this skill you got a chance to cast a level 6 spell at 60%. There are four spells in circle 6 a dexer needs: Dispell (to kill other players EVs), Reveal, Mark (maybe) and Invisibility. But i would use scrolls to cast invis to get a 100% chance to succeed. If you got hiding on your char, there will be no need for Invis scrolls.
There is a 25% chance to cast a level 7 spell with 76% magery skill. But you need 40 mana to cast Gate Travel. You can cast Bless before and wait or meditate, but you will ony get 0.2 mana points per second when wearing non-meddable armor. You Bless spell will wear off before getting enought mana to cast Gate Travel.

The next question is, what armor do you like to wear? With non-meddable it's hard to get enough mana back at time.

What about Poisoning? There is only one reason to have GM Poisoning: 40% chance to inflict poison instead 20% with a blade.
If you like to battle mages a lower poison level is better then deadly or greater because of the delays.
Level 1 poison got a 2 sec. delay between hits. Level 3 got a 4 sec. delay. What is better to fizzle a mages spell? Lower time or higher damage? ;)
I think you will get it.

Poisoning is a level 3 spell. You will only need 9 mana points to cast poisoning. With 30-40% poisoning you will cast level 2 poison spells.
Start you battle with a poison spell and pot macros, throw in a weakening spell and one tile away from your enemy switch to a poisoned blade and start hitting. With 35% poisoning both, spell and blade, will inflict level 2 poisoning with a 3 sec. tick. This can bring a mage out of sync totally.
Btw: it doesn't work if he got magic reflection up. ;)

Griz

Journeyman
Honestly I don't know what I like to battle against yet lol I haven't actually been in a PVP fight :)

My current armor is a mix of starting leather and bone stuff Ive found off skeletons and things. I got some plate once and it gave me negative dex and I didn't figure that was a good idea so I stuck it in the bank :\

A calculator I found says Poison Spell level is Magery + Poisoning / 2. So at 80 Magery and 40 Poison that's 60 and I need higher than 65.1 to cast lvl2 Poison. In order to get that Id have to lower something (Alch, Heal, Resist) by 10+

I figure Alch is going to be pretty crucial to the build, as it will be my primary damage dealing.

Griz

Journeyman
So... I did some number crunching and what do you think about this?
Alch - 65
Anatomy - 100
Healing - 100
Magery - 80
Resist - 100
Swords - 100
Tactics - 100
Poison - 55

That should give me 33-53 damage per explosion pot and lvl2 poison on the spell.

I really like having the utility of the Magery in case "it" hits the fan and I need to cast something like Invisibility or Dispel or something of that sort. Im not real worried about Gate Travel. Im kinda a solo player because I play when I can and have no set play schedule. not fair to a guild to be like that

halv

Grandmaster
A calculator I found says Poison Spell level is Magery + Poisoning / 2. So at 80 Magery and 40 Poison that's 60 and I need higher than 65.1 to cast lvl2 Poison. In order to get that Id have to lower something (Alch, Heal, Resist) by 10+

Yes, i was wrong. I mixed up Poison Spell and Poisoning by blade. As a dexxer you really don't use the poison spell.
With Poisoning skill 0.0 – 19.9 you can inflict Level 1 and there is a chance (skill)% to inflect level 2.
With Poisoning skill 20.0 – 39.9 you can inflict level 2 (% chance of level 3). etc.

I would drop Alchemy and go for PvM and PvE if you are new. We got Meta Talisman on this shard. Raise skill cap to 720% and stay with Magery at 75-80% and got 50% meditation. Use no armor or leather armor to have a chance for meditation.
For example:
Macing Zerker with Quarterstaff and Magery - Leather AR (100/90/35)
Macing 100
Tactics 100
Resisting Spells 100
Healing 100
Anatomy 100
Magery 72-75% (show real will show around 70% depending on your INT)
Meditation 50% (Given the numbers above, your mana regeneration rate is:
0.2 mana points per second when wearing non-meddable armor.
0.66 mana points per second when wearing meddable armor and not meditating.
1.13 mana points per second when wearing meddable armor and actively meditating.)
Armslore 100 (for PvE and Talisman efficiency) or Alchemy 100 for PvP and War Hammer fights.

With this template you can cast Bless, Magic Reflection, Blade Spirits, a quick Cure and greater Heal secondary to Bandages and Heal Pots.
The Quarterstaff got the second highest DPS in game. Katana got 24.62 dps, Quarterstaff 23.70 dps, Short Spear 23.39 dps. Quarterstaff is the fastest twohanded weapon and got concussion blow.

Or

Swordmanship 100 with Double Axe (20.24 dps) - Ringmail or Dragonscale AR (100/90/35)
Tactics 100
Resisting Spells 100
Healing 100
Anatomy 100
Magery 23% (show real will show around 20% depending on your INT).
Lumberjacking 100% for 40% dmg boost with axes. Skill will raise by using axes for fights.
Hiding 100 because you can't cast Invis anymore and hiding will save you many times.

You can drop lumberjacking after going for Meta Talisman and switch to Katana for 24.62 dps.

https://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php/Meta_Talismans

halv

Grandmaster
That should give me 33-53 damage per explosion pot and lvl2 poison on the spell.

You really need to decide if you like to go for PvM/PvE and the Talisman quest or PvP with Alchy.
There is no need for Alchemy on a PvM-char. Even poison isn't important. Your template is saying PvP and is looking good.

Griz

Journeyman
The goal of this char is PvP for sure. I did start a second account and started a Archery - Provocation Bard and its SO MUCH easier to kill monsters with Archery and Provocation that its almost boring lol

Goal is to use both off and on to keep myself from getting bored. Buy a house and settle down ;)

Use the Bard for dungeons and such and the PvP dexxer to just run around and hopefully be able competitive and kill people...

I would drop magery to 76%.

With 76% Magery there will be a 95% chance to cast a level 5 spell. The only level 5 spell a dexxer needs is Magic Reflection or maybe paralyze for a dangerous moment. With 35 INT you can cast 2 times level 5 without waiting for mana. You can enter Wind Dungeon/Town with 76% Magery (i think 72% or 75% Magery is needed to enter Wind).

With this skill you got a chance to cast a level 6 spell at 60%. There are four spells in circle 6 a dexer needs: Dispell (to kill other players EVs), Reveal, Mark (maybe) and Invisibility. But i would use scrolls to cast invis to get a 100% chance to succeed. If you got hiding on your char, there will be no need for Invis scrolls.
There is a 25% chance to cast a level 7 spell with 76% magery skill. But you need 40 mana to cast Gate Travel. You can cast Bless before and wait or meditate, but you will ony get 0.2 mana points per second when wearing non-meddable armor. You Bless spell will wear off before getting enought mana to cast Gate Travel.

The next question is, what armor do you like to wear? With non-meddable it's hard to get enough mana back at time.

What about Poisoning? There is only one reason to have GM Poisoning: 40% chance to inflict poison instead 20% with a blade.
If you like to battle mages a lower poison level is better then deadly or greater because of the delays.
Level 1 poison got a 2 sec. delay between hits. Level 3 got a 4 sec. delay. What is better to fizzle a mages spell? Lower time or higher damage? ;)
I think you will get it.

Poisoning is a level 3 spell. You will only need 9 mana points to cast poisoning. With 30-40% poisoning you will cast level 2 poison spells.
Start you battle with a poison spell and pot macros, throw in a weakening spell and one tile away from your enemy switch to a poisoned blade and start hitting. With 35% poisoning both, spell and blade, will inflict level 2 poisoning with a 3 sec. tick. This can bring a mage out of sync totally.
Btw: it doesn't work if he got magic reflection up. ;)
I probably wouldn't listen to this advise if I were you @Griz. There is not a reason for a pvp dexxor to have less than 90 magery ever and in most cases, GM magery is what you want. All this talk about casting poison is pointless because without eval your poison spell will get resisted 90% of the time regardless if they have magic reflection up or not. Don't cast poison on others as a dexxor -- waste of time and mana.

Higher magery (like GM) gives better buffs, heals more, cures higher level poisons, and gives you more options when fighting. Scrolls suck to use and restock with.

If you have poison on a dexxor, its for two reasons only -- to give you a higher chance to inflict with a poisoned blade and to poison your blade on the run. GM poisoning lets you deadly poison your own blade without fail. While it's true that lesser poisons have a faster damage "tick" and potentially interrupting a mage's casting - there are two big reasons to use deadly poison -- the "Oh shit" factor - which is what will force a mage to suddenly focus on curing themselves cause DP damage is painful - even if slow. The other is the fact that deadly poison is only curable 80% of the time by a greater cure potion -- which is everyone's primary method of curing themselves. Lesser poisons (Lesser, Regular, Greater) all are curable 100% by anyone with pots.

Griz

Journeyman
Thanks for that input. Definitely have some stuff to think about!

Also, some people mentioned Halberds having some sort of concussion blow or whatever... and Short Spears have a paralyzing strike or something? Is that something I need to put a macro button on or is that something that has a chance to happen on every swing automatically?

Im actually considering going fencing now that I added in the poisoning. I think having the Warfork for general "tanking/fighting" the poisoned Kryss for well.. poisoning... and a Short Spear for that Paralyzing strike I think would be better than a halberd and katana...

thoughts?

Thanks for that input. Definitely have some stuff to think about!

Also, some people mentioned Halberds having some sort of concussion blow or whatever... and Short Spears have a paralyzing strike or something? Is that something I need to put a macro button on or is that something that has a chance to happen on every swing automatically?

Im actually considering going fencing now that I added in the poisoning. I think having the Warfork for general "tanking/fighting" the poisoned Kryss for well.. poisoning... and a Short Spear for that Paralyzing strike I think would be better than a halberd and katana...

thoughts?
Nah those special effects occur automatically by chance. Its basically the 2H weapons in Swords/Maces/Fencing that does it. The only exception is staves in macing -- wooden weapons are exempt from the special move for some reason.

Halberd gets you killed pretty easily tbh because while concussion blow sucks for a mage, its not as good as crushing blow from a 2H mace. Concussion blow basically makes mages just run away from the fight.