Advice on template

Griz

Journeyman
ok. Switch to Maces?

Im for real just thinking to switch to maces now and to hell with the poisoning aspect of it lol. GM Magery and Alch

95 STR
90 DEX
40 INT

GM - Alch, Anatomy, Healing, Maces, Tactics, Resists, Magery

ok. Switch to Maces?

Im for real just thinking to switch to maces now and to hell with the poisoning aspect of it lol. GM Magery and Alch

95 STR
90 DEX
40 INT

GM - Alch, Anatomy, Healing, Maces, Tactics, Resists, Magery
Stick with 100 STR as it gives a small damage bonus to weapons. 85 Dex is fine with a macer as with any dexxor you should be using blue pots to increase your dex. On that note, below is a list of what stock you need to keep on you (I put amounts as suggestions, but use less at first until you get a feel for how many you personally need):

• Wear Armor -- Magic armor is usually cheap to buy or easy to find
  • Use Power or Stronger weapons -- weaker then that will put you at a serious disadvantage
  • Greater Strength Potions (5)
  • Greater Agility Potions (5)
  • Greater Heal Potions (15)
  • Greater Cure Potions (15)
  • Total Refresh Potions (15)
  • Greater Explosion Potions (30)
  • Empty Bottles (1) - I place this somewhere out of the way in my main pack so that empty bottlesdon't get placed over something important to me
  • Bandaids (80)
  • Magic Traped pouches (10) - Set a hotkey to "pop" these in the case you are paralyzed via spell

+ one more thing:

• Set hotkey to spout out insults to the ghost of the person you just killed -- trust me, this makes you l33t

halv

Grandmaster
I probably wouldn't listen to this advise if I were you @Griz. There is not a reason for a pvp dexxor to have less than 90 magery ever and in most cases, GM magery is what you want. All this talk about casting poison is pointless because without eval your poison spell will get resisted 90% of the time regardless if they have magic reflection up or not. Don't cast poison on others as a dexxor -- waste of time and mana.

Yes, don't listen to my suggestion, @Griz . If you like to do PvP don't listen to me at all. I thought the PvM/PvE-way. ;)

But i got one thing i always thought about poison - it isn't connected to eval int like mind blast.
But i can be wrong.

But i got one thing i always thought about poison - it isn't connected to eval int like mind blast.
But i can be wrong.
You do know what eval int does right? It modifies your enemies' resisting spells in resist/damage calculations. Poison has a high resist rate and without EvalInt, your poison spell will almost always be resisted.

halv

Grandmaster
hi @GoD PaRtiCal

You do know what eval int does right? It modifies your enemies' resisting spells in resist/damage calculations. Poison has a high resist rate and without EvalInt, your poison spell will almost always be resisted.

I got totally different information. UO stratics and sites are saying different, that's why i ask. I really don't know how eval int is working here.

Stratics is saying this:

Question - Does resisting a spell compare my resistance to my attackers magery and evaluate intelligence skill?
Answer - No, it does not. Resisting a spell only compares your resistance with your attackers magery, and the circle of the spell being cast.

Source: http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/resisting_archive.shtml

And all other information on stratics are saying, there is no need for evaluate int to cast poison successfully.

Am I wrong? Is stratics wrong? Lot's of things are different at UO:F.

Griz

Journeyman
Also... sorry for being a newb at this. But what is Magic armor?!?

Currently I run around in plate, is that il-advised?

drasked

Grandmaster
it isn't connected to eval int like mind blast.

From what i tested mindblast is connected to eval. Char with eval does more damage with mindblast.

Poison has a high resist rate and without EvalInt, your poison spell will almost always be resisted.

From what i tested eval seems to have no effect on your poison being resisted or not. A char without eval was able to land poison on a char with max resist at the same rate as a char with max eval.

Griz

Journeyman
Bump for advice on what kind of armor I should be wearing...??

Also, I just found something that says if you have 0 Eval Int it reduces spell damage by 70%!? So that means its literally a waste of time to cast anything other than "Cure" "Greater Heal" and "Recall" on a Dexxor/Mace/Alch? All my damage will come from Mace and exp pots yes?

Gone are the days of running around in plate, wielding a halberd casting flamestrike!?!?! ;)

thestand

Grandmaster
Bump for advice on what kind of armor I should be wearing...??
;)
I normally use full dragon scale (no dex loss but still decent armor rating) , full invul plate armor (going to lose dex but great armor rating), or a mix of both (invul plate tunic/legs and the rest dragon scale).

Griz

Journeyman
Thanks for that.

So... Bone armor then? Studded!?

All that you said sounds expensive and right now I die about 2 times a night haha

Griz

Journeyman
Thanks! I was looking threw those.

Is Plate the only armor that displays in game a dex modifier???

drasked

Grandmaster
Thanks! I was looking threw those.

Is Plate the only armor that displays in game a dex modifier???

Chainmail also reduces some dex i think.

Go with dragon armor, its only like 10k a suit and its super OP.

Also dont forget about miniheal, probably your best spell on a dexer with magery.

ADabLDo

Apprentice
you need 80 eval, i forgot the formula, its out there, and it does not work for poison. it does work for mindblast and others

halygon

Grandmaster
I believe Evaluation Intelligence is what is used to calculate spell damage while the skill Magery is used to calculate success chance or not along with effectiveness of non-direct damage spells. The exception to this is Mind Blast, which uses the opponent's stats as variables within the damage calculation.

Resisting Spells
is used in damage calculation and also to see if a spell is partially or fully resisted or not.

Poisoning
is used in conjunction with Magery to determine poisoning success chance and the level of poison inflicted.

halv

Grandmaster
Poisoning is used in conjunction with Magery to determine poisoning success chance and the level of poison inflicted.

I found the formula on many websites: Succes of Poison spell is (Magery + Poisoning) ÷2
With 100 magery and 50 poisoning it's 75% against 100% resisting spell. There will be no success on a dexxer with around 70% magery and 30% poisoning. I stay corrected too. GM poisoning make sence with GM magery, but below is a lower chance for a successful cast.

you need 80 eval, i forgot the formula, its out there, and it does not work for poison. it does work for mindblast and others

Mindblast too? I got different information again. Damage calculation on mind blast is (Highest Stat - Lowest Stat) / 2 and the cap is 40 dmg.
A successful resist spell calculation would halv the damage.