Any chance we can bring back the lost lands?

The Gandin

Grandmaster
I feel like if Del were to be opened back up people would eventually want more and more of T2A opened back up. It, unfortunately, seems like an all or nothing type of thing with T2A.

halygon

Grandmaster
I love Del as much as anyone else, but the town by itself doesn't give much to the people and would cause a large headache for most staff to regulate/maintain.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
I love Del as much as anyone else, but the town by itself doesn't give much to the people and would cause a large headache for most staff to regulate/maintain.

I respectfully disagree :(

RiP T2A - if this is now a dead thread/idea :(

Last edited by a moderator:

StegcO

Grandmaster
If Staff have not anything else to work on (Kingdom) will be a test open T2A and see what happen, like Wands if dont work will be easly removed.

The Gandin

Grandmaster
I don't think this idea is going to go much further. Like I said, it seems to be an all or nothing attitude and so far it's the nothing side of it winning. T2A would be neat, or even just Delucia but I get why staff doesn't want to open it up.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
I don't think this idea is going to go much further. Like I said, it seems to be an all or nothing attitude and so far it's the nothing side of it winning. T2A would be neat, or even just Delucia but I get why staff doesn't want to open it up.

well being negative nancy before wasn't helping

Josh D

Grandmaster
I see @The Gandin 's point. I know there are runes to papua and delucia, if not all T2A areas as it isn't inaccessible in the current UOF, it is just punishable to go there. If Delucia is opened, the carrot to tempt people to venture further would be dangled and we would all be asking for more.

I still would like to see them use Del and maybe Papua for town invasions occasionally. I think thatd be a lot of fun.

Mordoc

Master
del is still a shithole town. people are never happy with just one thing, if you give them del then they will be whining and complaining they want more of t2a opened for "nastalgia" blah blah blah. we already have plenty of towns for "nastalgia" and plenty of areas to explore with new stuff being added.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Could be something for militias in the future, a "colony" thing where militias could vie for power "abroad" and get bonuses for a period of time. Papua and Delucia would offer special ones and be hotly contested when "open" or available.

Also, when are Militias and changes to factions/PvP coming again? lol

Amalgam

Journeyman
It has been my experience that the lost lands tend to remain lost so as to prevent the player population from becoming too dispersed. This is a valid concern for most shards and keeping the area shut does ensure a certain population density in Britannia for the given population.

It is for probably for this reason that they remain closed - at least until the average player count is maintained at a high enough level to justify opening them.

The discovery of the lost lands is potentially a huge, long-term, server-wide event chain with many possible twists and turns. It would be ideal for a shard of this quality to consider something like this and even just toying with the idea could lead to many excellent suggestions.

I personally love the lost lands and would be happy to see it implemented in any shape or form - although to be honest I would like to see the lost lands exists as a much more 'hardcore' area to play - perhaps with an altered set of mechanics?

Lexington

Grandmaster
to be honest... I would settle for just even the town itself... block off the gates to town... lets just have the town back at least :( lol

This might be ok but as for the country side... it simply sucked ass to get around.

If it’s a T2A experience players want go to Booty Island and walk those shit paths until your hearts content. :p As for me I have no intention of hanging out in any area that I can't ride a mount!

Wyntr

Master
I was there opening day on Baja...
I went through it all...No flag corpse loot, dread lord gangs, gold dupe, stolen house keys, 2 minute saves from house hoards, account keyloggers....hell running to Brit from Trin was an adventure in its self, one I attempted many times only to be killed.
All of it done on Pentium 75 with 8Mbs of ram.....
Those were good times.
However there are two things that pissed me off to no end....
Traveling the terrain in T2A...and the player base split.
Logging in to see Brit Bank full is the best nostalgia. It was a sad day when that stopped being the case on the OSI servers...
T2A is deeply flawed...
Who "discovers" a "lost land" in the shape of a rectangle, surrounded by a wall of rock?
Don't get me wrong there are some things that are very nostalgic there in T2A for me, like the ophidian village.
But The Lost Lands must remain "lost" for a reason.

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
I miss the old spawns though in those lost lands. Hell- I think it would be cool to have some RDA like gate pop open to one of the lost land spawn spots for a random champ spawn.