AOE changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

aIck

Grandmaster
There are no brakes on this train.
9a8a6ea877a1970b62e27997c703c284.png

Actually if field spells were fixed the way Gluttony is proposing it will actually make doing champ spawns easier for blue players as you can group large amounts of easy mobs and get 4 or 5 people to cast 1 EQ each. So there are PVM advantages to this as well. Not just changes to PVP.

Last edited by a moderator:

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Not to mention defending champ spawns easier for them.... not to mention letting blues at brit bridge have a better chance at PVP. Not to mention giving newer groups a new style of PVP to try out(maybe theyre more successful with it, maybe not -- either way more diversity in gameplay is only a good thing for a 17 year old game).

The only people really crying about this are CoM... and they cry about everything.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Promoting more diversity in PVP is hardly crying -- we win fights vs you guys we lose fights vs you guys, we dont ever cry about it. Im simply advocating a way to make PVP more dynamic and less stale -- youre the ones crying that you will get raped as a result of it(even though plentyof counters to it have been mentioned in this thread).

Adding more spells/viable pvp styles/stuff(like wands or bolas) to PVP is only gonna help the PVP on this shard... for EVERYONE involved, not just a specific group.

If you're too shortsighted to see that and just want to cry instead(like you guys now have a reputation for) thats on you -- Im trying to make UOF PVP the best for all involved(its the only shard worth playing so its the only shard worth improving).

agauo

Master
I'm still looking for the people asking for this change who are not in or allied to EQMS.... I have yet to see anyone but you and your cronies asking for these changes. There is a reason for that.

What exactly are you wanting to change? At first it seemed like you wanted MS/CL damage upped and then it seemed to switch to AOE not targeting friendlies.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
AoE not targetting friendlies is the best way to get these spells useful in game and normalized with all the other AoE spells...significantly increasing damage on the chain and ms would only further promote straight up railing with these spells, whereas having them not hurt your own team would allow them to be used more strategically(in conjunction with quakes and other field spells).

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
My guild formed from a group of friends who grew tired of the competitive risk/stratego/crossfire scene and got into UO.

51VZf3UTLcL.jpg

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Actually if field spells were fixed the way Gluttony is proposing it will actually make doing champ spawns easier for blue players as you can group large amounts of easy mobs and get 4 or 5 people to cast 1 EQ each. So there are PVM advantages to this as well. Not just changes to PVP.

Not in EQMS, not crying about changes to improve UOF PVP.

Hugsforpeace

Apprentice
I'm still looking for the people asking for this change who are not in or allied to EQMS.... I have yet to see anyone but you and your cronies asking for these changes. There is a reason for that.

What exactly are you wanting to change? At first it seemed like you wanted MS/CL damage upped and then it seemed to switch to AOE not targeting friendlies.

I'm not EQMS, they all sound like a bunch of pricks honestly, but I can argue that these changes would really up the skill level of both open field fighting as well as raiding and defending champion spawns on all sides. This is the sort of thing that brings more people to the field and really shows who the best group fighters are. I'm pretty sure this is the only server I have played on where the damage is so low and where the spells target guildmates and allies, which is fine because I know UOF wants to do its own thing, but this is something I just don't see being better for the pvp environment over all.

Just my two cents, but the change would be for the best in my eyes.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Looks like yet another non EQMS member supporting these suggestions... and for some of the exact reasons I suggested them(fights at champ spawns, more dynamic field PVP).

As Gluttony stated I am not in EQMS and I am not entirely against these changes. Why, you might ask? The answer is simple: I am not afraid of a bunch of "newbies wearing purple".

This thread is becoming redundant. People come up with viable ideas and scenarios for these changes that would actually benefit people other than EQMS. Then we get the same people saying the same god damn nonsense that this only benefits EQMS, and that's their only reason as to why this shouldn't be implemented.
To these people I have to say this:

Here's a fucking thought, fight in town. Now these changes have no impact whatsoever on you. Problem solved. You're welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.