AoS Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mango

Grandmaster
I do miss some particular things about AoS. I LOVED the starting area for necro's. I also was a big fan of Chivalry and the new lands. However, trammel & the ridiculous gear ruined it for me

bradley-

Grandmaster
I do miss some particular things about AoS. I LOVED the starting area for necro's. I also was a big fan of Chivalry and the new lands. But I couldn't imagine how much of a crapfest having trammel would be lol

Can always have an AoS / ML ruleset with a fel only facet. Keep Luna in there as the 'safe trade' and 'bank sit' area ;)

Wizx13

Grandmaster
Even if they added a new server new rules ect yall would burn the content in a month and be right back on the forums...

Kilike

Grandmaster
I hate to say it but I've caught myself looking for another place to play UO recently.... Is it because UOF is bad? Definitely not! UOF is, by far, the best server I've ever played on. But, I'm looking for a change of pace.. Something different. I've pretty much burned myself out of this era of UO for now.

I'm proposing that @Shane and co. open up a new server with a different ruleset (AoS & ML). Now, before you begin the flaming and endless rants of how bad this suggestion is and how bad of a player I am, just take a deep breath and relax for a minute. Then continue reading :)

I suggest keeping the same login info for this new server so that it would look like OSI did when logging in but instead of different servers with the same ruleset, it would have Ultima Forever - UO:R / T2A and Ultima Forever - AoS / ML.
Example:
2PVoBvu.jpg

The idea behind this is to bring everyone who plays UO here, to the UOForever community. Will the current UOF server lose a few peoples? Maybe, but not necessarily.. Overall, I believe it will bring in way more than we'd lose. This also gives people an opportunity to try something new. I know many people who have never played in the AoS+ ruleset but they want to! They want to try it out and see how it is. With this system, UOF wouldn't lose players overall because they wouldn't have to go to server X or server Y to experience something new. This system also helps prevent players from burning themselves out. Everyone burns out at some point and they stop playing for a while... With this system, if someone burns out of 1 era, they can just go play the other. It's a different pace, different skills and abilities, different everything BUT, still UO. Still UOForever.

If Shane and co. can create something like this and start up an AoS/ML era server that is just half as good as UOF currently, then I'm convinced it'll be the best out there. Thats because we're already the best out there (for our era).

Also, this shouldn't take away from the current developments of the server we currently have. Hire new people to code the new ruleset server. Preferably, people who know the general mechanics of the ruleset. This way, Shane can still oversee what goes on and is still in charge. This way, both servers can continually be in development and continue to pump out awesome new content for players.

Lets make the UOForever community bigger. Shane, @Adam , and the other staff have created the best server UO has to offer. We should expand on this and bring in more players who prefer a different ruleset than we currently have. Who knows... Maybe the players a new server attracts may want to test out the UO:R/T2A ruleset. Either way, the players stay here in the UOF community instead of playing in other places.
Yes this so much this. I'd come back fulltime

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Zagan

Expert
Can always have an AoS / ML ruleset with a fel only facet. Keep Luna in there as the 'safe trade' and 'bank sit' area ;)
I'd love to see some of the few good elements of AOS stolen. The resist system was lame, and made things to item based which wouldn't really work for shard without item"insurance", but Chiv/ Necro and the weapon specials where worth salvaging as I think they would add some needed freshness to the shard. (both pvp and pvm wise) Something like the Doom champion bosses would be a nice addition as well. Instead of dropping Artifacts, it would they could relics and whatnot.

Last edited by a moderator:
i loved aos, it was great- there was a lot of cool and different templates to choose from, and different ways to play them as well because of the activated weapon abilities. i would put my vote toward an event style setup as to not take away from the population base.

limlight

Grandmaster
Id love it. Another new shard in uof to try and save money for a castle. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Orgha

Apprentice
Don't like idea. To please everyone pleases no one.

I'd say anyone wanting that type of server should just find a shard that matches their desires.

Some people want trammel and no pk. Okay. That's fine. Go to a trammel shard.

Some people will want newer content. Again , great. Find a shard for it.

They are out there. Nothing wrong with playing on multiple shards either.

If you can't find what you want , you can always make your own shard. Only problem you'll run into is building population to make it fun. I made a simple shard once. Was really cool what you can do. Just takes a lot of work and stays empty without constant promotion

K A Z

Grandmaster
I highly believe that there definitely is demand for a well run AOS+ Shard.. there have been several attempts over the last year but unfortunately most of them failed due to super custom systems and/or retards being in charge. The only problem I see, though, is Shane and Adam running two servers as once.. I guess they're already pretty busy keeping UOF:UOR up to date as it stands; they'd probably have to hire a complete new Staff team if they were to open up a new Server. I do believe that there would be plenty of people willing to work for them, though. The AOS scene is a big one.

Streets

Grandmaster
I highly believe that there definitely is demand for a well run AOS+ Shard.. there have been several attempts over the last year but unfortunately most of them failed due to super custom systems and/or retards being in charge. The only problem I see, though, is Shane and Adam running two servers as once.. I guess they're already pretty busy keeping UOF:UOR up to date as it stands; they'd probably have to hire a complete new Staff team if they were to open up a new Server. I do believe that there would be plenty of people willing to work for them, though. The AOS scene is a big one.

That's why it has been suggested rather than hire more staff or split the current staff that maybe the next landmass has the different ruleset. Then you have the best of both . staff foccues on 1 shard, a built in player base, established devs. Ect.

bradley-

Grandmaster
That's why it has been suggested rather than hire more staff or split the current staff that maybe the next landmass has the different ruleset. Then you have the best of both . staff foccues on 1 shard, a built in player base, established devs. Ect.

I don't think that is plausible.. The reason I say that is because a while ago, they were suppose to open up a new landmass with more of a T2A ruleset (insta-hit, heal through poison, etc). A new place, within the current server, where you had to start over on a brand new character and you would be able to flip back and forth (or commit to 1 side) between each ruleset/landmass/whatever you want to call it.. That never happened..... Why? No clue.. But, I imagine that it'd be extremely difficult for 1 team of staff to manage/update/maintain 2 completely different rulesets on the same exact server.

What I am suggesting is a new server, with different developers/staff that would work under Shane & Adam. Get the server up and open for player testing, get the staff to run/develop the AoS/ML server, advertise in the same manner that UOF is to get people interested, and Shane & Adam can kick their feet up and relax. All they should have to do is monitor the progress and show up every once in a while. This way, none of the current staff or developments are paused or neglected because a new team would take over the AoS/ML stuff. I also want to mention again that this new server should have the same login info! That way people who want to bounce back and forth don't have to create a million accounts. We can all use out same account info and choose which server we want to play.

Also, people have this weird idea that another server would literally split our population in half... That simply isn't true! Several people have already mentioned in this thread that the majority of people who play T2A/UO:R tend to stick to that era. The majority of people who enjoy playing the AoS/ML era tend to stick to that era. Yes, there will definitely be some overlap between the 2 servers but I promise, most of the player base for an AoS/ML server will NOT come from our current population (maybe initially during the testing stage and when the server first opens... We all love starting new somewhere). It will come from other AoS/ML servers and the epic advertising that Shane is capable of.

This can work. I know this can work. UOForever is great but I want it to be epic!

@Shane, @Adam... Lets make this happen!

Bobby123

Grandmaster

In my opinion , i think this might work !

thumbs up bradley !

K A Z

Grandmaster
I'd LOVE to see this happening.. I also don't think that i would neglect the UOR sever for the sake for the AOS one - I'd play both.

Bubbles

Master
I think this is a good idea and would not spread the ayer base out, but attract other players here from other shards.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Tac0bell

Grandmaster
I am an AOS player and would love this, there was some fun times in AOS (with 2/6 casting, necro + chiv)

But it might be hard to do this without neglecting our current shard

Status
Not open for further replies.