Bolas... trust me, it can work(newb friendly)

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
So I think we can all agree that because ethies are donation items, traditional uo bolas would be kind of lame here(why buy an ethy when you will need a real mount anyway in the field).

However, I came up with a solution:

When you get bolad, you move at a walk speed for 3 seconds and stay mounted. When the 3 seconds is up, you move at your normal speed again.

Make bolas cost around 1-2k gold per and have a specific spot where the mats are farmed. Also make it so only 120 tinkers are able to create bolas.

Hard to see any downside to this... a 3 second slow isnt OP(especially compared to a 4 second stun), would require tactics to throw(making dexxers more viable again), and would create a need for 120 tinkers in the crafting scene.

Snickle

Grandmaster
You're not gonna win every fight. You don't lose many. So I'm your eyes, losing is when they escape. This happens bro. Bolas will take so much out of what makes uof pvp the way it is. Challenging. Keep it this way

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
You're not gonna win every fight. You don't lose many. So I'm your eyes, losing is when they escape. This happens bro. Bolas will take so much out of what makes uof pvp the way it is. Challenging. Keep it this way

Explain? Bolas are used both offensively and defensively and were put in the game because of endless running -- anytime shit gets bad we can run for 200 screens and begin to kite just like everyone else.

Bolas arent OP, especially if implemented this way, it just adds another form of CC to a PVP scene that is filled with endless running. Not to mention will add new life into the crafting scene and give 120 tinkerers a role.

halygon

Grandmaster
I like the crafting aspect, I like Bolas in general, but what concerns me is that it is really just another version of stun.

I envision stun mages alternating stun/bola over and over. With a normal bola, at least I can continue to run on foot and get somewhere till I can recast my ethy or re-mount.

Not sure about this one, but I will watch it play out and evolve.

TriXa

Grandmaster
lol ?????????? def not.
Fix :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: All Guard me and Taming PVP. FIX :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

halygon

Grandmaster
If I can make a fully functional alchy LJer, I'm pretty sure you can build tactics into a stun Mage temp.

K A Z

Grandmaster
If I can make a fully functional alchy LJer, I'm pretty sure you can build tactics into a stun Mage temp.

thats why it wud be smth like tinkering instead of tactics. let people sacrifice skillpoints if they want to bola noobies.

(this is btw. not really what I think, I'd just love to see bolas)

hubcap

Grandmaster
bolas:

throwable by anyone. one time use.
success depends on _________________________

if dexxer is targeted (mounted or not) the dexxer takes a dex penalty for "X" seconds to unwind the bolas. (one time use. mount uneffected)
if mage is targeted while casting chance to interrupt spell.
if mage is targeted while meditating or not casting, dexxer rules apply. (hinders wrestling high chance to interrupt meditation)
pets follow mage rules.
tamers and all other physical templates follow dexxer rules.

idk...I just want them to become relevant again because I found one more in my stash.

anyone wanna buy a set of bolas? they dont spawn any-mo.

=)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kael

Master
Didn't you need to be dismounted to toss a bola? I would be ok from an ambush point of view of having them in game. I just cringe of the thought of tamers dismounted tossing a bola and all guard me.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
Didn't you need to be dismounted to toss a bola? I would be ok from an ambush point of view of having them in game. I just cringe of the thought of tamers dismounted tossing a bola and all guard me.

Yah especially with the teleporting pet following speeds.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Dont get me wrong -- pets are massively broken on here but I was under the assumption "all guard me" was going to be fixed?