Bolas... trust me, it can work(newb friendly)

Zorlac

Journeyman
While I am against bolas and like having the ability to run when out gunned if they could only be used dismounted, required tactics, froze you when you were swinging it, had a short timer before having to re-swing it and had a dexterity requirement of maybe 75, I could live with it.

hubcap

Grandmaster
neh.

they aren't op.
they , plainly, aren't needed.
more cunning hunters, apparently, are.

bolas DO make awesome deco items, tho. ;) wanna buy one, gluttony? satisfy the craving, maybe?

just my take on it all. This topic is dead, right?

uu5mKgy.gif

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
neh.

they aren't op.
they , plainly, aren't needed.
more cunning hunters, apparently, are.

bolas DO make awesome deco items, tho. ;)

just my take on it all. This topic is dead, right?

uu5mKgy.gif

What do you mean more cunning hunters? Id like to see bolas added in, why not? Forget all the bullshit skills required too. Bolas were a great part of this game. And are insanely great tool for PVM tamers to use for defensive purposes when taming gets fixed. It has nothing to do with zergs chasing down people(although it would be a great team fighting tool as well). You just want trammy land and anything that might help pvp you guys are all against. I havnt even been playing on here very much this past week because of how shitty the pvp is. I know I am not alone either.

And for the noob that said it would make fights "too fast", this is fucking UO dude. Fights arent supposed to last forever. Thats why pvp is fucking garbage on this server. It requires ganks, tamers, alchemy to do any kind of real damage and make no mistake it is fucking BROKEN.

So yah please excuse the people that actually pvp on this server from continuously bringing shit up that should have been fixed a long time ago..

hubcap

Grandmaster
no. not really. at least for me, anyways, since you quoted my post.
Im not against everything that makes pvp better.

in fact.....i would LOVE to see better pvpers that arent whining about not being able to kill each and every chance they take.
[note the fact the best pvpers on here arent crying for this and that....maybe, if you want better pvp......might wanna talk to them.....insteadda cryin fer nerfs or bolas.]

most the suggestions offered can be handled with paralyze spell.

I couldnt care less if theyre introduced or not to be perfectly honest with you, man.
Id never use em. And y'all havent found me in weeks, so, hey.....go for it for all I care.

I just know yall are barking at the wrong front door on this one.
But, bark away.

NoXXeD

Grandmaster
the ehty timers take forever, and it would be script kiddie heaven. riding a reg horse, insta dismount d click last target remount with out missing a tile

Mordoc

Master
the ehty timers take forever, and it would be script kiddie heaven. riding a reg horse, insta dismount d click last target remount with out missing a tile
exactly......seen it scripted and spammed all too often on uoforever.

bolas are not needed here.

this isnt uoforever so people need to stop trying to make it like uoforever. if you wanna play uoforever style then go back there, this is UOF we are different either adapt or go back to the rock you crawled from under.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
exactly......seen it scripted and spammed all too often on uoforever.

bolas are not needed here.

this isnt uoforever so people need to stop trying to make it like uoforever. if you wanna play uoforever style then go back there, this is UOF we are different either adapt or go back to the rock you crawled from under.
I never played uoforever really, I played real UO though. Bolas were fine then, even after assist programs came out.A simple remount timer after using a bola (which I think is default lol) prevents any dismount bola remount macro from being as effective as you think and even if it is effective that is the point, you are supposed to be able to die in the game not off screen for days heal pot spamming and bandaging.

I know you girls want to farm all day for some stupid reason and actually care about UO gold lolol but a lot of us are burned out on trammel and would like good pvp please.

Open your mind people, this could make this shard fun again.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
While I am against bolas and like having the ability to run when out gunned if they could only be used dismounted, required tactics, froze you when you were swinging it, had a short timer before having to re-swing it and had a dexterity requirement of maybe 75, I could live with it.

LOL really? fucking sad...

Mordoc

Master
Open your mind people, this could make this shard fun again.

open YOUR mind, this ISNT uoforever OR the uo you USED to play. this is UOF adapt or go make your own server and do and play how you wish. bolas arent needed here, even with remount timers people would bola spam you constantly on uoforever and then have their pets attack you. i seen it alot.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Bolas sound good to me as long as its a skill on its own "tinkering" sounds about right but may b we should wait and see what happens with tamers first?

Can only open up more templates and less people relying on a stun punch to kill

Bobby123

Grandmaster
bolas sounds like a fucking bad idea

i agree ^^

open YOUR mind, this ISNT uoforever OR the uo you USED to play. this is UOF adapt or go make your own server and do and play how you wish. bolas arent needed here, even with remount timers people would bola spam you constantly on uoforever and then have their pets attack you. i seen it alot.

I AGREE ^^

Been busy this whole week . Didnt see this thread till now and i will throw in my 2 cents opinion .

TO EQMS AND THE BUNCH OF NO NAMERS WHO PROPOSE TO HAVE BOLAS : GO BACK uoforever OR Wherever u came from if you are so unhappy on UOF without BOLAS .

I find it funny though . If you take a look at those who agreed to have bolas , they are 99.9% EQMS players ( who migrated over from uoforever ) . You guys bascially WHINE n CRY on EVERYTHING thats not to your liking .

And its not like UOF begged you to play here or anything , you guy Migrated over here becoz it was one of the best UO servers around .

P.S Like i always said , we cant expect much when its just a bunch of losers forming a guild . You guys probably dont even understand the term - ADAPT ?

lawl !

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
A lot of people saying go back to uoforever or some shit -- you realize bolas were on OSI, right?

Instead of shooting down the idea spouting nothing, why not shoot it down with some sort of constructive criticism. Are you scared to adapt to bolas @Bobby123 ?

Not like we need them to rape your shit crew(ask @NoXXeD about how bad $ got fucked up last night @ fire temple, no bolas involved -- he died 3times in 3minutes fully stocked).

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
[/QUOTE]I find it funny though . If you take a look at those who agreed to have bolas , they are 99.9% EQMS players ( who migrated over from uoforever ) . You guys bascially WHINE n CRY on EVERYTHING thats not to your liking .[/QUOTE]

So if ur in EQ you cant suggest anything or ur QQing? Theres 2 tiers to the rights we all have here? Musta missed that post....
Oh wait, you dont like the idea? So say so. Done deal.

(Potential halfway solution : put em in for a test week and see what issues arise and evaluate after that week...?)

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
Bolas sound good to me as long as its a skill on its own "tinkering" sounds about right but may b we should wait and see what happens with tamers first?

Can only open up more templates and less people relying on a stun punch to kill

Sorry we dont count as "real pvpers" so our opinons dont matter apparently.