Bolas... trust me, it can work(newb friendly)

GimpCent

Grandmaster
I have no opinion on bolas, I value them as far as making pvp dynamic but I also see the downsides of abuse.

There is no winners in this debate just different versions of truth, both sides are valid. I could easily argue both sides of the argument and be right to a degree.

So I just skip this topic.

hubcap

Grandmaster
yeah man. Ive got no horse in this race either, but, it surprises me, the amount of people that advocate for them.

so many other things that need fixing that will actually impact game play.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
I don't pvp much but I do. Just not on "Skye." Skye is a politician. She may do a champ from time to time.

I think the number of people who think "they might be cool" to the number of people who say "I will quit if there are bolas" make a difference in the Admins' decisions on whether to have bolas.

GimpCent

Grandmaster
I don't pvp much but I do. Just not on "Skye." Skye is a politician. She may do a champ from time to time.

I think the number of people who think "they might be cool" to the number of people who say "I will quit if there are bolas" make a difference in the Admins' decisions on whether to have bolas.

Players are dramatic... Yeah I get that players said that but reality is for most its just words.

Listening to the people whom stomp their feet like little kids, is laughable. Mob rule is hardly the correct way to come to a right decision about game mechanics.

A lot of people fear change of any kind. They are called conservatives you can find them on Fox News Channel.
There is a right way to add bolas, it is very possible. Logic should guide your path not a mob of emotional charged players.

Last edited by a moderator:

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
You do realize you have to be on foot to throw a bola right?

How about the hundreds that have quit because the shard has trash pvp and staff refuse to do anything to fix it?

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
Players are dramatic... Yeah I get that players said that but reality is for most its just words.

Listening to the people whom stomp their feet like little kids, is laughable. Mob rule is hardly the correct way to come to a right decision about game mechanics.

A lot of people fear change of any kind. They are called conservatives you can find them on Fox News Channel.
There is a right way to add bolas, it is very possible. Logic should guide your path not a mob of emotional charged players.

Not with the group of retards playing here man. Im gonna play somewhere else this is just a fel shard with tram ruleset and players. Have fun, Ill still forum pvp though

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
yeah man. Ive got no horse in this race either, but, it surprises me, the amount of people that advocate for them.

so many other things that need fixing that will actually impact game play.

I dont understand the hate for something that half the people 1. didnt even read the original idea or 2. dont know what bolas did orginally or how they worked and just wanna hate because it is "uoforever pvp".

I agree that lots of things are broken here and need fixing: tamers, alchemy, spell damage. But that doesnt it is bad to explore other ideas as well that might improve the pvp some.

GimpCent

Grandmaster
this isnt uoforever so people need to stop trying to make it like uoforever. if you wanna play uoforever style then go back there, this is UOF we are different either adapt or go back to the rock you crawled from under.

Howdy Thunder

Respectfully just because this isn't uoforever or OSI doesn't mean we can't be open to ideas from them.

That is a very closed minded arguement to state on its own; let alone repeat as the corner stone of your case. It serves no point other than a form of misdirection.

I live in America and we can surely learn a few things from other countries like Universal Healthcare. But much like your doing Fox News misdirects common sense by saying shit like "this is America not Canada".

Please stop

Mordoc

Master
Howdy Thunder

Respectfully just because this isn't uoforever or OSI doesn't mean we can't be open to ideas from them.

That is a very closed minded arguement to state on its own; let alone repeat as the corner stone of your case. It serves no point other than a form of misdirection.

I live in America and we can surely learn a few things from other countries like Universal Healthcare. But much like your doing Fox News misdirects common sense by saying shit like "this is America not Canada".

Please stop

too many times ive seen people wanting this or that JUST like on uoforever.......i know how things on uoforever was and alot of the suggestions made are not ones i would like to see on this server. again this isnt uoforever, what appeals to me about this shard is the differences. you and i both know bolas would be a bad thing here (even if you dont want to admit it publicly).

i fail to see in my post where i said this is america??? i made my point and flatly stated if you want things changed to your/their playstyle then go somewhere else to find it, this shard is different and bolas arent needed here. i learn new things all the time and learned on uoforever that bolas were abused there and would be here also.

saying that i was misdirecting things is just a misdirection by you to take the focus away from my post and try to make it political so you need to stop.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I don't know if it has anything to do with making things easier/more difficult for any class or play style because things will be tweaked/balanced if and when they are added.

This has to gain traction first. Adjust accordingly.

I guess it's fun to talk the what-ifs though.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
LORE is the biggest zerg on the server(they have 3x our numbers) ... bolas just make it so group fights arent run fests for 30minutes. Theres a reason they were added on OSI in UOR era PVP.

GimpCent

Grandmaster
too many times ive seen people wanting this or that JUST like on uoforever.......i know how things on uoforever was and alot of the suggestions made are not ones i would like to see on this server. again this isnt uoforever, what appeals to me about this shard is the differences. you and i both know bolas would be a bad thing here (even if you dont want to admit it publicly).

i fail to see in my post where i said this is america??? i made my point and flatly stated if you want things changed to your/their playstyle then go somewhere else to find it, this shard is different and bolas arent needed here. i learn new things all the time and learned on uoforever that bolas were abused there and would be here also.

saying that i was misdirecting things is just a misdirection by you to take the focus away from my post and try to make it political so you need to stop.

Bolas can be implemented and work perfectly well. On uoforever indeed they were abused and tended to be fielded regularly by only rich players which is never good for pvp balance. Internal "pay2win" items are always bad.

That is not how we have to do it. I value balance and with said it is possible to get it right. I dont have the answer right now but through honest debate and talks we can figure out a better way.

arvind-kejriwal-in-thought_295x200_61390981441.jpg

I agree that due to ethys I don't like the dismounting of players. But ideas for short stuns or slows is possible.

It could even just take away your stamina causing you to stop until you drank a red pot.

Either way we can find a way to add this to the server if people just weren't so dramatic. I agree this isn't uoforever, uoforever had its problems but no one is asking for uoforever style bolas. Reason is never valued over dramatics though so that's why I have little hope in adding them even though it would make pvp much more dynamic.