Bolas... trust me, it can work(newb friendly)

Bromista

Grandmaster
Believe it or not, this is not the first time bolas have been suggested. It's an overwhelming no every time.

It's true! Ask anybody who has been here since the early days.

We accept that UOF cannot possibly be 100% era accurate. This is just gonna have to be one of those things that gets left out I guess.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Believe it or not, this is not the first time bolas have been suggested. It's an overwhelming no every time.

It's true! Ask anybody who has been here since the early days.

We accept that UOF cannot possibly be 100% era accurate. This is just gonna have to be one of those things that gets left out I guess.

You dont PVP so why do you speak on PVP mechanics? I can guarantee you have never thrown a defensive bola.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
I bet Brom has some kick ass pvp character that no one knows its him and he's just like.."yeah I don't pvp..."

And no on bolas.

You don't have to pvp to show support/opposition against bolas since they'll be used against anyone, including the poor ol' pvmer getting their provo on.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
I bet Brom has some kick ass pvp character that no one knows its him and he's just like.."yeah I don't pvp..."

And no on bolas.

You don't have to pvp to show support/opposition against bolas since they'll be used against anyone, including the poor ol' pvmer getting their provo on.

PK walks in while you have two monsters provoed, starts attacking you. You provo the monster on him, and bola him.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
Most of the people against this are like expert swimmers who've never been in a pool.

You dont see me chiming in on loot drop conversations and meta relic bullshit

Darkarna

Grandmaster
PK walks in while you have two monsters provoed, starts attacking you. You provo the monster on him, and bola him.

..... and his mates come around the corner singing war tunes of death to which you are unable to escape from because you have committed an hostile act and it is curtains. Or maybe in another scenario the PK has a nice funky mare which proceeds to bond unnaturally with you.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
Never seen skye pvp, never seen bromisa pvp, never s
..... and his mates come around the corner singing war tunes of death to which you are unable to escape from because you have committed an hostile act and it is curtains. Or maybe in another scenario the PK has a nice funky mare which proceeds to bond unnaturally with you.

Sounds like you are fucked either way.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
For bola's to be used, there would REALLY need to be some pretty hefty downside of using them that balances the good side of them. They are game changing in many scenarios and totally wrecked uoforever PVP in some aspects, especially with Bola/Rangers. The streets screamed of pain :(

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
For bola's to be used, there would REALLY need to be some pretty hefty downside of using them that balances the good side of them. They are game changing in many scenarios and totally wrecked uoforever PVP in some aspects, especially with Bola/Rangers. The streets screamed of pain :(

Cleaning up pet speed and all guard would fix that easily. There should be no downside for using them other than you have to be on foot to throw them and a remount cooldown after throwing one.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Cleaning up pet speed and all guard would fix that easily. There should be no downside for using them other than you have to be on foot to throw them and a remount cooldown after throwing one.

Perhaps, or have a 50/50 chance of failing the throw and dismounting yourself instead. Pet speed needs to be resolved regardless of bola's, EV's especially. Bola's really are a sketchy subject and without the absolute perfect balance things will become unbalanced very quickly. I am guessing this is why they are not here already. Personally, I spend most of my time dismounted anyway, being a thief I find it much easier to escape on foot rather than on a mount, but my opinion does not speak for the majority. If I had it my way, I would remove mounts completely, back to the raw side of things, where technique outweighs any benefit of hitting the afterburners and running for three years straight. Oh, bring back mount stamina!

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
The only reason bolas are an issue is because ethies are a staple dono item -- this doesnt make ethies any less valuable(as its just a slow for 3 seconds after which you auto remount an ethy).

Darkarna

Grandmaster
You do realize you have to be on foot to throw a bola right? case you wanna ninja edit that before everyone wakes up and reads it heh

Yeah, but also suffer the same dismount time as the victim who would be otherwise dismounted which relates to other potential ideas here.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Read any thread. Even posts that have nothing to do with bolas people be like 'na fuck bolas'

This made me lol:
Never seen skye pvp, never seen bromisa pvp, never s
{Darkana Quote here}

Sounds like you are fucked either way.

I'm gonna turn this into a GifCent moment because there's really nothing to say on the subject besides:

Bolas were introduced what...like halfway between the release of UO:R and AoS? I guess that means we could take them or leave them and still be 'era accurate'.

Staff doesn't want them. Majority of the playebase doesn't want them.

Seems pretty simple to me.

And

A. Cutoff runes.

B. Adapt or GTFO.

Thread was already dead, but for good measure...

[/thread]

So now I'm just gonna shut my brain off, post a gif, make an obscure reference or two, and carry on with my day.

I feel like I'm Hunter S. Thompson sitting in on the police narcotics convention in Fear and Loathing like
tumblr_n1oa5ahpOD1sfso7wo1_250.gif

Okthen. Really phoned that one in, and would you look at that...that's a fine way to say less with more.

@GimpCent stamp of approval orrr?

hubcap

Grandmaster
were STILL slaying this dead horse.

geeze, folks. Its been addressed. Multiple times.

NO BOLAS.

sucks? yep. but, some things in life suck.

bolas are not going to make or break any chars. Get over it already.