Bolas... trust me, it can work(newb friendly)

Mordoc

Master
A lot of people saying go back to uoforever or some shit -- you realize bolas were on OSI, right?

Instead of shooting down the idea spouting nothing, why not shoot it down with some sort of constructive criticism. Are you scared to adapt to bolas @Bobby123 ?

Not like we need them to rape your shit crew(ask @NoXXeD about how bad $ got fucked up last night @ fire temple, no bolas involved -- he died 3times in 3minutes fully stocked).

this isnt osi either.....we dont need bolas here. so if you wanna play with bolas go back to uoforever or osi i dont care which.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
this isnt osi either.....we dont need bolas here. so if you wanna play with bolas go back to uoforever or osi i dont care which.

whats the downside to a bola that slows your enemy? if someone wants to use 100 skill points to be able to do it sounds good to me.

Less stun mages more Dexxers/Other types of mages can only be a good thing.

Obv the zerg will benifit most but u cant really fight 10+ people anyway so its just gonna speed up your death.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster

This server didnt have meta pets, rdas, legendary armor, relics etc until they were suggested added in. What is the difference? Why dont we need bolas here? So if we dont like something it is immediately "go play another server" lOLOLOLOL Trin bad for this server big time.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
whats the downside to a bola that slows your enemy? if someone wants to use 100 skill points to be able to do it sounds good to me.

Obv the zerg will benifit most but u cant really fight 10+ people anyway so its just gonna speed up your death

GOD FORBID OTHER TEMPLATES THAN ALCHY STUN OR TAMER BECOME VIABLE IN PVP>>>!!! THATS WHY THIS SHARD IS A JOKE

Mordoc

Master
its already is fun the way it is.......if i wanted to play uoforever rules i would be on uoforever....oh yeah thats right....uoforever is a wasteland and lots of people moved here because it was fun and active.

K A Z

Grandmaster
its already is fun the way it is.......if i wanted to play uoforever rules i would be on uoforever....oh yeah thats right....uoforever is a wasteland and lots of people moved here because it was fun and active.

uoforever primarily is a wasteland because its staff are/were a bunch of fgts who didnt care the slightest shit about the server. Their PVP systems had _nothing_ to do with it (which is why there is STILL PVP on there despite the fact that the server has been dying a cruel death for a long ass time now).

Please don't comment if your UO knowledge is sub-par.

Mordoc

Master
yeah and if pvp is still so great there why is everyone moving here???

and as for my knowledge of uoforever and uo, i was staff on uoforever until i moved with mark to start his shard, which unfortunately isnt very active.

in case you are wondering...... formerly GM Thunder

you've been thunderstruck!!!!! :)

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
uoforever primarily is a wasteland because its staff are/were a bunch of fgts who didnt care the slightest shit about the server. Their PVP systems had _nothing_ to do with it (which is why there is STILL PVP on there despite the fact that the server has been dying a cruel death for a long ass time now).

Please don't comment if your UO knowledge is sub-par.
I think you nailed it man. People came here because it was active. UOF has great advertising and constantly bringing new people, but not for the pvp mechanics, only the numbers.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
yeah and if pvp is still so great there why is everyone moving here???

and as for my knowledge of uoforever and uo, i was staff on uoforever until i moved with mark to start his shard, which unfortunately isnt very active.

in case you are wondering...... formerly GM Thunder

you've been thunderstruck!!!!! :)
Im not sure about uoforever players sudden emigration or know very many of them at all. I only know the era that this server is modeled after though in many ways and unfortunately some of the customization has led to really bland fighting for a long time now. I know it is supposed to be "custom" and that is great, but man it's getting kinda bad with all the tamers and lack of viability. The discord archer used to be a decent counter to tamers but discord doesnt work correctly on here either, and pvp weapon and spell damage is really low IMO. Hence the need to increase alchemy damage for dexers, and slight buffs to spell damages recently. These guys arent dumb, they know their shit is weak. The real solution is to move closer to the default settings, but I think they are afraid to overhaul resist (I hear that is one of the biggest pains in the ass to work on?) and dexer damages so things like increasing alchemy damage is like 2 lines of code in comparison. If I am completely wrong, please correct me, but I thought spells were supposed to do most of your damage as a mage and weapon as a dexer? Not pet or potion. The reason I keep bringing this up is because you act like it is not broken when it 100% is, and anyone that is bringing up suggestions is just crying or complaing in your eyes. Thought bolas might add more diversity to an alchemy and pet dominated pvp scene.

Bobby123

Grandmaster
Im not sure about uoforever players sudden emigration or know very many of them at all. I only know the era that this server is modeled after though in many ways and unfortunately some of the customization has led to really bland fighting for a long time now. I know it is supposed to be "custom" and that is great, but man it's getting kinda bad with all the tamers and lack of viability. The discord archer used to be a decent counter to tamers but discord doesnt work correctly on here either, and pvp weapon and spell damage is really low IMO. Hence the need to increase alchemy damage for dexers, and slight buffs to spell damages recently. These guys arent dumb, they know their shit is weak. The real solution is to move closer to the default settings, but I think they are afraid to overhaul resist (I hear that is one of the biggest pains in the ass to work on?) and dexer damages so things like increasing alchemy damage is like 2 lines of code in comparison. If I am completely wrong, please correct me, but I thought spells were supposed to do most of your damage as a mage and weapon as a dexer? Not pet or potion. The reason I keep bringing this up is because you act like it is not broken when it 100% is, and anyone that is bringing up suggestions is just crying or complaing in your eyes. Thought bolas might add more diversity to an alchemy and pet dominated pvp scene.

wat a load of bullshit .....

CANT EXPECT MUCH FROM EQMS anyway !

P.S WE CAN NEVER EXPECT MUCH FROM A BUNCH OF noobs forming a guild ( EQMS ) .

LAWL !

Bromista

Grandmaster
Bolas were introduced what...like halfway between the release of UO:R and AoS? I guess that means we could take them or leave them and still be 'era accurate'.

Staff doesn't want them. Majority of the playebase doesn't want them.

Seems pretty simple to me.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
Bolas were introduced what...like halfway between the release of UO:R and AoS? I guess that means we could take them or leave them and still be 'era accurate'.

Staff doesn't want them. Majority of the playebase doesn't want them.

Seems pretty simple to me.
How do we know the majority of the playerbase doesnt want them? and they were added in for a reason...

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
They also didnt have alchemy add damage to explotion potions until well after bolas were added and corpse cutting removed completely.

NoXXeD

Grandmaster
A lot of people saying go back to uoforever or some shit -- you realize bolas were on OSI, right?

Instead of shooting down the idea spouting nothing, why not shoot it down with some sort of constructive criticism. Are you scared to adapt to bolas @Bobby123 ?

Not like we need them to rape your shit crew(ask @NoXXeD about how bad $ got fucked up last night @ fire temple, no bolas involved -- he died 3times in 3minutes fully stocked).

you dudes area all over my nuts I got zerged and lost some dumb shit..no biggie im rich bitches

n8m8

Journeyman

Obv the zerg will benifit most but u cant really fight 10+ people anyway so its just gonna speed up your death.

A good player with a decent spear is incredibly difficult to fight against. Alchy fencers are the strongest one vs. one templates around. Decent dmg, fast swing, parablows and 26 dmg explo pots. Alchy dexxers shouldn't do more pot dmg than alchy mages...

I'm not against bolas but as @Malkraven said the zergs will benefit most. eqms will get more kills and we'll see more crying... Can't wait.