Bounty Hunter System

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
Some good ideas here.

One thing though, everybody is talking about "incentives" and that doesn't really seem to work.
There have been multiple incentives to encourage people to practice PvP and it appears that some people (blue PvMers) do not want to even give it a try, it's just not their thing. Or they just give it a try, get wrecked and give up.
I'm not saying it's good or bad, everybody can play as they wish to play in a sandbox MMO, I just want to point out that "incentives" rarely work because you can't force people to do something they don't like/are not good at, especially in a video game. Period.
Plus, incentives are usually getting abused (amers in factions = what a fucking joke).

Even though I agree with end game content = higher risk at getting raided, keep in mind that almost nobody here is a teenager with endless hours of gameplay anymore, we're probably all in our 30s with a job and a family and when you're doing one or two champs a week and it gets raided by the same griefing zerg everytime, people just say "fuck it" and quit.

I've seen several guildies leave UOF for that very reason.
You can call them QQ noobs or pussies or bad players, but it's in the interest of the shard that people keep playing/donating so surely there can be some adjustments that don't imply trammelyzing champs or totally nerfing reds. But it's just not right that a guild works a champ for 30 minutes (or more than 2 hours if we're talking sea champ, cause nobody uses a boat) and a zerg can shit all over it AND get all the rewards.

If screaming "people need to organize themselves and defend their champs" was the solution, the problem would have been solved by now.

I do agree that SOME incentives would benefit the shard and a proper bounty hunter system would probably help. I really liked Dewderonomy's suggestions: make it worth something and it may or may not work out but at least you created the incentive and conditions to incite players to hunt for reds and defend themselves as a group.

I don't think there is any incentive that will make pvmers turn into pvpers. What I thought was maybe we are approaching this from the wrong angle. Give some incentive to pvpers to help defend spawns rather than just raid them in numbers near the end.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Obviously there must be something wrong tho as almost every PVP related suggestion gets derailed to an EQMS debate? I honestly asked about the Bounty System because I've been reading some of your comments asking, or demanding, that blues team up / recruit to fight EQMS. Now I'm confused on whether you want this or not?

People dont like losing... when they lose they complain. Plenty of people have tried grouping up to fight us but it never lasts long because their egos get in the way of their cohesion.

You have to keep in mind, when EQMS first came back to UOF, we had 5 members... if people put the effort into recruiting, teaching newbs, and focusing on PVP instead of crying about EQMS, they would be in a much better position to fight off their enemies.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I don't think there is any incentive that will make pvmers turn into pvpers. What I thought was maybe we are approaching this from the wrong angle. Give some incentive to pvpers to help defend spawns rather than just raid them in numbers near the end.

I dont know what greater incentive to PVP exists than "lets defend our champ spawn/RDA so that people cant take our rewards from us". PVP is very simple, so simple EQMS newbies seem to do just fine at it.

Lexington

Grandmaster

Not entirely true... Glutt has turned lots PVM players into PVP players buy not judging their initial abilities.

What thread is about is incentivising RED PVP players to PVP as BLUES.

Lexington

Grandmaster
I dont know what greater incentive to PVP exists than "lets defend our champ spawn/RDA so that people cant take our rewards from us". PVP is very simple, so simple EQMS newbies seem to do just fine at it.

It is a good incentive sure! The trouble is they aren't organized and will never be because the players at a champ spawn aren't typically all in the same guild and voice chat. Most probably aren't in any kind of voice chat at all. How good would EQMS be if you didn't have voice? What's needed are well organized anti PK groups.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Not entirely true... Glutt has turned lots PVM players into PVP players buy not judging their initial abilities.

how is a bounty system encouraging red players to play as blues? I prefer playing a red because I see everything as pray. I kill reds, oranges, blues - I don't discriminate. Punishing those who play a red char (THE ONLY ONES FREELY ATTACKABLE BY EVERYONE NEARLY EVERYWHERE) is a dumb idea if you want to promote PVP in general.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
It is a good incentive sure! The trouble is they aren't organized and will never be because the players at a champ spawn aren't typically all in the same guild and voice chat. Most probably aren't in any kind of voice chat at all. How good would EQMS be if you didn't have voice? What's needed are well organized anti PK groups.

Whose fault is it that people who arent as organized are defeated by those who are organized?

Lexington

Grandmaster
how is a bounty system encouraging red players to play as blues? I prefer playing a red because I see everything as pray. I kill reds, oranges, blues - I don't discriminate. Punishing those who play a red char (THE ONLY ONES FREELY ATTACKABLE BY EVERYONE NEARLY EVERYWHERE) is a dumb idea if you want to promote PVP in general.

Sounds like it wont do anything for you... you've always played as a pure PK. Solo mostly If I remember correctly... so I'm not sure why you're in factions? Are you opposed to having a group of blue players hunting you?

Lexington

Grandmaster
Whose fault is it that people who arent as organized are defeated by those who are organized?

Come on Glutt.... what are they supposed to do? You act like they can magically hit a button when they see a group of reds on screen that will drop them in one voice chat so then can communicate/organize.

Basically It comes down to whether you want the additional PVP or not. If you don't, then there is no reason for you the keep posting asking for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

girana

Grandmaster
Sounds like it wont do anything for you... you've always played as a pure PK. Solo mostly If I remember correctly... so I'm not sure why you're in factions? Are you opposed to having a group of blue players hunting you?

but who should be the group of blues ? there are no more pvpers around most quit after the pvp balance went from unique to a hybird clone.

Zog'orium

Grandmaster

Isn't that just factions? Gives the blue pvpers a target without having having to go red.

Not trying to be a dick man. But what would prevent bounty hunting from being as abused the same way as factions. Blue pvpers logging onto bounty hunters killing other reds. Then logging onto their red EQMS players and taking your spawn at the very end?

Lexington

Grandmaster
Isn't that just factions? Gives the blue pvpers a target without having having to go red.

Not trying to be a dick man. But what would prevent bounty hunting from being as abused the same way as factions. Blue pvpers logging onto bounty hunters killing other reds. Then logging onto their red EQMS players and taking your spawn at the very end?

I'm not here to design the system... just asking for a system. It's the dev teams job to build one if they choose.

Lexington

Grandmaster
but who should be the group of blues ? there are no more pvpers around most quit after the pvp balance went from unique to a hybird clone.

If it's challenging and fun lots will step up.

Kind of sad we lost so many of the really good PVPers tho.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Come on Glutt.... what are they supposed to do? You act like they can magically hit a button when they see a group of reds on screen that will drop them in one voice chat so then can communicate/organize.

Uhm, I magically hit a button and am dropped in a voice chat where I can communicate/organize everyday....

https://gyazo.com/cd5fd3af4d19bfeffcdd5a946cdc2b39

Sure -- getting organized takes a small amount of effort but isnt that small amount of effort worth it so that the hours you spend playing this game arent spent getting shit on?

Lexington

Grandmaster
there are no pvpers left

This shard is full of people that have PVPed lots over their UO life time. Hell I never PVMed until UOF. This damn shard has sucked my into leveling this talisman shit. Who knows... with the right system maybe EQMS will be the anti PK guild?

Lexington

Grandmaster
Uhm, I magically hit a button and am dropped in a voice chat where I can communicate/organize everyday....

Sure -- getting organized takes a small amount of effort but isnt that small amount of effort worth it so that the hours you spend playing this game arent spent getting shit on?

Why not turn your guild into the anti PK guild... you have the numbers. Support a system that will incentives EQMS to police the shard!

Lexington

Grandmaster

You keep focusing on the hopes that players at champ spawns are going to group up, instantly be organized and fight a PK raid. This cant and won't happen! More often then not a good chunk of players there are in the same guild that raids! Stop being unrealistic.

I'm surprised.... I honestly thought you be up for a real anti PK challenge?