Champion Spawn : Intended Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Holy shit this is what progress looks like. I mean you guys are leaning the wrong way but at least y'all are kind of getting the picture.

I'm going to take the unpopular approach (in this thread anyway because actually, like anything else, I'm sure the silent majority of the server would agree with me) and say make every champ rubber-band.

I have said it before and I have said it eloquently but I'm tired (literally and figuratively) so here you go you fuckers, you get the quick and dirty this time:

Staff decided they didn't like how Barracoon was being lured so they made him rubber band. It was a deliberate change made by staff to address a specific issue, but it was done half-assed (surprise) and not applied across the board.

Just apply the thing across the board. If you're gonna go out of your way to do a thing, best to do it right.

Sorry to shit on your guys little party here but I have not once seen or heard one person reply negatively to the above, not because it isn't worthy of discussion but because...simply put...there flat out is no discussion to be had. It is what it is.

But it's UOF so you guys can enjoy the busted shit to your hearts delight. Again, it is what it is.

ton loc

Master
Tl;dr put up invisible little dog fences for these beastly champions.

No. people like silly Santa need to learn how to keep an eye on the big monster on their screen.
One time, myself and one Aussie stole mephitis, lured it away and got all scrolls.. without killing a single fucking person. That's just sad.

Bromista

Grandmaster
That's wonderful but it's still just chest-beating, denying reality, and expecting something of others when in reality you are doing a thing that technically shouldn't be allowed (only saying this because, again, changes were made deliberately to prevent that sort of activity staff just fell WAY short in the implementation process)

And quit regressing to this "OP is the OP and the OP can suck it" charade. You may have a point you are trying to make but you just cannot help but diminish it.

K A Z

Grandmaster
That's wonderful but it's still just chest-beating, denying reality, and expecting something of others when in reality you are doing a thing that technically shouldn't be allowed (only saying this because, again, changes were made deliberately to prevent that sort of activity staff just fell WAY short in the implementation process)

And quit regressing to this "OP is the OP and the OP can suck it" charade. You may have a point you are trying to make but you just cannot help but diminish it.

Why should this not be allowed? From where I see it, this has been a thing for the last (approximately) 15 years. Why do we need to make everything so fucking easy? Why do they dumb down this game all the time? a 5 year old could probably beat @Silly Santa at UO, why do we have to listen to him?

Bromista

Grandmaster
Reading comprehension lession:

I bolded, italicized, and underlined the important part for you KAZ

You don't have to listen to Silly Santa.

You choose to.

Why do you make poor decisions?

Anywho, were the changes never made in the first place I wouldn't chime in half as much. I would have an opinion, sure, but I'm not really sure what it would be. Probably one of "luring sucks but it's UO and UO sucks sometimes"

But it's not my opinion, or Silly's opinion, or your opinion that matters - really matters when it comes to pulling the trigger. And thank god for that, amirite?

And one more thing to chew on: just because a thing has been a certain way for a certain period of time does not mean that things have to stay that way. Like it or not, shit is not fixed. THE IMPERMANENCE IS REALLLLL

Are you guys like super fucking high or what? You guys must be high.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
The tears from $ower are delicious - aka the people who abuse this. Wether this is changed or not - i can and still will get champ rewards ;)

K A Z

Grandmaster
Reading comprehension lession:

I bolded, italicized, and underlined the important part for you KAZ

You don't have to listen to Silly Santa.

You choose to.

Why do you make poor decisions?

Anywho, were the changes never made in the first place I wouldn't chime in half as much. I would have an opinion, sure, but I'm not really sure what it would be. Probably one of "luring sucks but it's UO and UO sucks sometimes"

But it's not my opinion, or Silly's opinion, or your opinion that matters - really matters when it comes to pulling the trigger. And thank god for that, amirite?

And one more thing to chew on: just because a thing has been a certain way for a certain period of time does not mean that things have to stay that way. Like it or not, shit is not fixed. THE IMPERMANENCE IS REALLLLL

Are you guys like super fucking high or what? You guys must be high.

It's different for Barracoon, though. I never liked the changes to coon, I always thought that it was cool to do the spawn AFK. It's also okay that such a feature is in place at coon as he is THE NEWBIE SPAWN. I actually think that that was the reason they changed it to what we have now. I'm btw. not on drugs, it's noon in Germany.

The tears from $ower are delicious - aka the people who abuse this. Wether this is changed or not - i can and still will get champ rewards ;)

I came to this thread bcuz with bad noobs like you, one has to make sure that they're not going to turn this server into trammel anytime soon. They'd just do what Girana said and add 2 trammel champs.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
It's different for Barracoon, though. I never liked the changes to coon, I always thought that it was cool to do the spawn AFK. It's also okay that such a feature is in place at coon as he is THE NEWBIE SPAWN. I actually think that that was the reason they changed it to what we have now. I'm btw. not on drugs, it's noon in Germany.

I came to this thread bcuz with bad noobs like you, one has to make sure that they're not going to turn this server into trammel anytime soon. They'd just do what Girana said and add 2 trammel champs.

Its reasons like $ower why this is being suggested in the first place. If you're so "l33t" then fight us... why lure the boss any chance you get 40+ screens away? Why so scared?

Bromista

Grandmaster
Barracoon spawn was made more difficult (post rubber-band change) and is no longer the go-to champ for the entire server day in and day out as it was.

Oaks rubber-bands because of location (overworld, for an additional inconsistency with mechanics see also: sea-champ) but Barracoon rubber-bands because of ease of spawn?

Sorry but no.

Big lol.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Its reasons like $ower why this is being suggested in the first place. If you're so "l33t" then fight us... why lure the boss any chance you get 40+ screens away? Why so scared?

Because raiding a champ is about getting the scrolls and not about killing your 25 each reg tamer?! Staff would be best off just adding some trammel champs/dungeons. That'd maybe keep Silly Santa quiet.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Barracoon spawn was made more difficult (post rubber-band change) and is no longer the go-to champ for the entire server day in and day out as it was.

Oaks rubber-bands because of location (overworld, for an additional inconsistency with mechanics see also: sea-champ) but Barracoon rubber-bands because of ease of spawn?

Sorry but no.

Big lol.

Barracoon can still be lured to the south, though, can't it? Pretty sure that there is a reason why Coon was changed that way (because its the noob spawn).

Bromista

Grandmaster
It would be just lovely if @Shane would reply to these threads just one time and settle the score once and for all.

Why was the change to Barracoon made and not to other spawns?

girana

Grandmaster

Always do what Girana says and you always do the right thing. Holly shit i even called yesterday overtime after the missed PAT .

K A Z

Grandmaster
It would be just lovely if @Shane would reply to these threads just one time and settle the score once and for all.

Those changes were made by former Admin Carl (i think) and the reasons were brought upon us because trammies like you and silly santa cried day in day out.

girana

Grandmaster
Those changes were made by former Admin Carl (i think) and the reasons were brought upon us because trammies like you and silly santa cried day in day out.

and they were made at a time w/o meta pets and talis when killing barracoon took longer than working the spawm. Its just a smt from a other time that should be removed long ago.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
Barracoon can still be lured to the south, though, can't it? Pretty sure that there is a reason why Coon was changed that way (because its the noob spawn).

Although yes - it cant be lured 50 screens away to the other part of the dungeon to the West... noob.

i can see why @Blair would deleted some of your threads bro sorry
lol @ you hoping he deletes this one..

Silly didnt i kill you anyway while you where running round 5 mins after boss died still looking for the boss?
when was this ?

This.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
i dont hope he deletes anything this thread has been made 1000 times before and nothing has been done since it works fine . staff cringe when its made over and over again but some people never learn i guess.

Kinda like how people managed to lure your champs over and over for the last 3 yrs.

if you know it being lured and you know where its being lured too ( not many options) then mark a fucking rune and come die?

Status
Not open for further replies.