Couple Questions

Shiva

Apprentice
Hello all,
Well just started to play again after 15yrs break, don't remember much.
I started to train my Warrior, but I've too many skills atm and don't know which skills I need to GM or how much they should be.
I mean, maybe some skills not supposed to be full GM, but I don't know which one.

I've these skills:
Anatomy - 100
Arms Lore - 10
Healing - 91.1
Hiding - 100
Magery - 72
Parrying - 67.9
Resisting Spells - 62.3
Swordsmanship - 100
Tactics - 92.6

1) I would like to know which skills do I need to GM, and which one like Arms Lore i can use it when low.
Cuz now i'm at my cap 700 points.

2) I raised Magery for Gate Travel and to Mark/Recall places.
I need some spells, like recall, mark, portal, arch cure... but I don't know if I buy scrolls from players/vendors if I can still use it without any regs and with Magery "0"?
And I can't find Gate Travel scrolls in vendors, is there such a thing?

3) And last one, It seems my GM title don't appear with someone clicks on me, only the first title (the one before the name) is shown.
How do I make it to display? I've set in ON in the settings (I think it's called Fame title, not sure).

Thanks ahead for your help :)

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Depends what you want to do really...

I like to drop anatomy if I don't plan on using two handed weapons since you'd capitalize on the bonus it gives to "critical" strikes. Resist is good if you see, or plan to see, a lot of PvP action. If you're a warrior GM tactics asap. Arms Lore is only useful of you want to be a "meta-dexxer"; those that use talismans (only useful in PvM, unless you attack a lot of tamers, I believe). I'd ditch hiding, personally. Parrying is good verse monsters and dexxers, or you could replace it with inscription to be better protected verse magic users, it would also buff your defensive spells; that's a judgement call you'll have to make.

You can magic your wary around with 0 magery via runebooks & recall scrolls. But then you wouldn't have magic. I have a bard character (BLOOD FOR, ODIN!) and he's fun to play; even did about 1.5k dmg in a CtF the other day with him.

Hope this helps.

Shiva

Apprentice
Thanks halygon, will check it.

Depends what you want to do really...

I like to drop anatomy if I don't plan on using two handed weapons since you'd capitalize on the bonus it gives to "critical" strikes. Resist is good if you see, or plan to see, a lot of PvP action. If you're a warrior GM tactics asap. Arms Lore is only useful of you want to be a "meta-dexxer"; those that use talismans (only useful in PvM, unless you attack a lot of tamers, I believe). I'd ditch hiding, personally. Parrying is good verse monsters and dexxers, or you could replace it with inscription to be better protected verse magic users, it would also buff your defensive spells; that's a judgement call you'll have to make.

You can magic your wary around with 0 magery via runebooks & recall scrolls. But then you wouldn't have magic. I have a bard character (BLOOD FOR, ODIN!) and he's fun to play; even did about 1.5k dmg in a CtF the other day with him.

Hope this helps.

Thank u for ur comment.
As i read in the forums, u need anatomy to know where to hit to opponent in the body, so I understood it's very important. And I use only sword + shield.

Never liked PvP, doing PvM atm, but still I need Resist against spells.
Tactics I'll GM in the moment when I'll know which skill I don't need and can put it down :)
Arms Lore i'm using to check my armor and weapons if damaged, that's it.
Parrying is for the shield to block hits if I'm not mistaken, so I need it high.
Hiding I use a lot! like all the time against monsters when they kill me to grab my stuff from my body, hehe.
Inscription I'll do it when I'll create my mage.
About Magery, I don't need magic, only want to use it for Gate Travel/Recall/Mark, that's it... if I don't need to use magery for that and can use only scrolls, I'll set Magery down.

dalmuti

Expert
It looks like you have gotten some feedback on choosing skills, so I thought I would respond to some of your other questions. You don't use reagents when you use scrolls, so that part of your "no magery" plan works. But whether you can cast them low magery depends on what circle they are. You never fail recall when using charges from a rune book, but other than that I believe that casting a spell using a scroll is 2 circles easier than using regs. So to use a gate scroll, you must have enough magery to cast 5th circle spells (since it is 7th circle). I don't think Gate Scrolls are sold on npc vendors, only player vendors.

For the GM title to show up to others, you have to have enough fame to be a Lord/Lady or the level right below that.

halygon

Grandmaster
Thanks halygon, will check it.

Thank u for ur comment.
As i read in the forums, u need anatomy to know where to hit to opponent in the body, so I understood it's very important. And I use only sword + shield.

Never liked PvP, doing PvM atm, but still I need Resist against spells.
Tactics I'll GM in the moment when I'll know which skill I don't need and can put it down :)
Arms Lore i'm using to check my armor and weapons if damaged, that's it.
Parrying is for the shield to block hits if I'm not mistaken, so I need it high.
Hiding I use a lot! like all the time against monsters when they kill me to grab my stuff from my body, hehe.
Inscription I'll do it when I'll create my mage.
About Magery, I don't need magic, only want to use it for Gate Travel/Recall/Mark, that's it... if I don't need to use magery for that and can use only scrolls, I'll set Magery down.
I would suggest the following and for the following reasons:

• Weapon Skill (Can be Swords, Macing, fencing - your choice) -> Determines your weapon hit rate
  • Tactics (Gives the umph! to your weapons. This is where most of your weapon's damage comes from)
  • Anatomy (Gives bonuses to Weapon damage and also Healing)
  • Healing (Gotta Stay alive)
  • Arms Lore (Gives extra hit rate when using a Meta Talisman - which you should be acquiring for any PVM dexxor)
  • Resisting Spells (Reduce that magic damage from Mobs and PKs)
  • Parrying (pretty potent here - great with a defensive meta talisman)

You can actually mix in Magery points in there and reduce some other skills, but you don't have to. I prefer magery on every single character as it gives me so much more flexibility and instant healing. Its also really difficult to PvP with a warrior and not have magery, but you are focusing on PvM, so this is probably not much of a detractor.

Shiva

Apprentice
It looks like you have gotten some feedback on choosing skills, so I thought I would respond to some of your other questions. You don't use reagents when you use scrolls, so that part of your "no magery" plan works. But whether you can cast them low magery depends on what circle they are. You never fail recall when using charges from a rune book, but other than that I believe that casting a spell using a scroll is 2 circles easier than using regs. So to use a gate scroll, you must have enough magery to cast 5th circle spells (since it is 7th circle). I don't think Gate Scrolls are sold on npc vendors, only player vendors.

For the GM title to show up to others, you have to have enough fame to be a Lord/Lady or the level right below that.

Thanks.
For example if I want to use recall/mark scrolls, they're lvl 4 & 6 so with scrolls it's actually lvl 3 & 5?
So I need about like 40 magery? I don;t mind to carry some regs with me for that and keep magery for any case :)

How can I check my Fame amount in the game?

I would suggest the following and for the following reasons:

• Weapon Skill (Can be Swords, Macing, fencing - your choice) -> Determines your weapon hit rate
  • Tactics (Gives the umph! to your weapons. This is where most of your weapon's damage comes from)
  • Anatomy (Gives bonuses to Weapon damage and also Healing)
  • Healing (Gotta Stay alive)
  • Arms Lore (Gives extra hit rate when using a Meta Talisman - which you should be acquiring for any PVM dexxor)
  • Resisting Spells (Reduce that magic damage from Mobs and PKs)
  • Parrying (pretty potent here - great with a defensive meta talisman)

You can actually mix in Magery points in there and reduce some other skills, but you don't have to. I prefer magery on every single character as it gives me so much more flexibility and instant healing. Its also really difficult to PvP with a warrior and not have magery, but you are focusing on PvM, so this is probably not much of a detractor.

Thanks! that's a great info.
So I need all of those skills basically, they all good :)
And as I said, Arms Lore I'm using only to check my armor/weapon status if damaged, and I'm already at my cap with the skills, so can't raise it.

About magery, yes, it's great to use for healing, boosts and such on... but then it's taking off my armor cuz I can't use any heavy armor, just the leather one.
So i'm kinda confused and don't know what to do with magery, keep it as it is at 70 or so, or lower it a bit to 40-50 and raise some other skill... or not to use it at all and GM some warrior skills... :(

halygon

Grandmaster
Thanks.
For example if I want to use recall/mark scrolls, they're lvl 4 & 6 so with scrolls it's actually lvl 3 & 5?
So I need about like 40 magery? I don;t mind to carry some regs with me for that and keep magery for any case :)

How can I check my Fame amount in the game?

Thanks! that's a great info.
So I need all of those skills basically, they all good :)
And as I said, Arms Lore I'm using only to check my armor/weapon status if damaged, and I'm already at my cap with the skills, so can't raise it.

About magery, yes, it's great to use for healing, boosts and such on... but then it's taking off my armor cuz I can't use any heavy armor, just the leather one.
So i'm kinda confused and don't know what to do with magery, keep it as it is at 70 or so, or lower it a bit to 40-50 and raise some other skill... or not to use it at all and GM some warrior skills... :(
You don't have to take off armor if you do not have the meditation skill. Your mana regen will be the same with or without the armor.

Shiva

Apprentice
You don't have to take off armor if you do not have the meditation skill. Your mana regen will be the same with or without the armor.

Oh lol, u're right... my fault i've mistaken with meditation.
So cool, i'll keep magery... I'll lower it to 55ish, I think it's enough to cast 6 circle spells. am I right?
And I'll GM tactics and healing.

halygon

Grandmaster
Oh lol, u're right... my fault i've mistaken with meditation.
So cool, i'll keep magery... I'll lower it to 55ish, I think it's enough to cast 6 circle spells. am I right?
And I'll GM tactics and healing.
55 is not enough for 6th circle spells unless you are using scrolls. You need around 70s for casting 6th circle and like 90 for 100% success rate on 6th circle.

Shiva

Apprentice
55 is not enough for 6th circle spells unless you are using scrolls. You need around 70s for casting 6th circle and like 90 for 100% success rate on 6th circle.

bah... so I've nothing to lower at the moment :\
oh, Maybe I'll lower hiding? except of saving my stuff from my dead body when mobs chasing me and hiding from thieves, i've no really use for it.

BTW. I asked the other guy but he didn't answered... How can I check my Fame amount in the game? can't find an answer for it nowhere.

And I've got an Ogre Chest (Paragon), how do I open it?

halygon

Grandmaster
bah... so I've nothing to lawer at the moment :\
oh, Maybe I'll lower hiding? except of saving my stuff from my dead body when mobs chasing me and hiding from thieves, i've no really use for it.

BTW. I asked the other guy but he didn't answered... How can I check my Fame amount in the game? can't find an answer for it nowhere.

And I've got an Ogre Chest (Paragon), how do I open it?
BTW you can use the spell Invisibility instead of using hiding. It's not as quick and it uses mana, but you get the trade off of having Magery.

I don't think you can check your fame in-game, but once you get to glorious (level 5? fame), your grandmaster title will be shown to all.

Shiva

Apprentice
BTW you can use the spell Invisibility instead of using hiding. It's not as quick and it uses mana, but you get the trade off of having Magery.

I don't think you can check your fame in-game, but once you get to glorious (level 5? fame), your grandmaster title will be shown to all.

Invisibility can work, but if a monster kills me and i want to grab my stuff from my body, i can't do it without regs :)
so... I think i'll lower hiding to about 50, hope it'll still work.
And will raise Resist or some other usefull skills.

Do u gain Fame & Karma by killing monsters?

And do u know the answer for how to open Ogre Chest (Paragon)? is it only possible by GM lockpicker?

And again, thank you very much for your kind replies and help!

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Yes, you gain karma + fame via killing monsters, but if you're killing low end things like ettins, orgres, or skele's you'll stop gaining after a short time.

You can up ogre chests with GM magery via lockpicking I'm pretty sure, just remember to either cast magic untrap, or telekinesis to disable the chest trap.

Or you can eat the trap, whatever works, eh?

I'd like to add that if you partner with someone who has provo, discord might be a better option (and vice versa).

Discord at GM lowers monster stats and skills by 20% at GM (28% at legendary), can prevent a monster from using it's best spells, lowers the chance they will land a hit in combat, and raises your chance to land hits.

I've yet to see a titan nuke me with flame strike since GM'ing discord.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiva

Apprentice
Yes, you gain karma + fame via killing monsters, but if you're killing low end things like ettins, orgres, or skele's you'll stop gaining after a short time.

You can up ogre chests with GM magery via lockpicking I'm pretty sure, just remember to either cast magic untrap, or telekinesis to disable the chest trap.

Or you can eat the trap, whatever works, eh?

I'd like to add that if you partner with someone who has provo, discord might be a better option (and vice versa).

Discord at GM lowers monster stats and skills by 20% at GM (28% at legendary), can prevent a monster from using it's best spells, lowers the chance they will land a hit in combat, and raises your chance to land hits.

I've yet to see a titan nuke me with flame strike since GM'ing discord.

Well, tried them both, not working with my magery skill at 70 :\
I'll try to find someone strong enough to open it (the moment I'll find a guild), i want to know what's inside... maybe some nice armor for me :D

Discordance sounds awesome skill (literally), now I want this skills too, LOL!
Well, titans take like half-3/4 of my HP when hit me, bummer.

dalmuti

Expert
This link is accurate for the fame and karma titles: http://uo.stratics.com/content/reputation/titles.shtml

It will at least let you know approximately how much progress you've made towards the titles that will display your GM. As Rikket said, you won't get the top titles off lower end monsters since the higher your fame gets the less fame they will give you. You can get Glorious off liches, but it will take a lot of them. Once your skills are high enough to kill lich lords, you can get a level of fame needed to show your title pretty quickly. Of course, you lose some of your fame (I think 10%) every time you die so you have to kill monsters and stay alive to get higher fame.

Shiva

Apprentice
This link is accurate for the fame and karma titles: http://uo.stratics.com/content/reputation/titles.shtml

It will at least let you know approximately how much progress you've made towards the titles that will display your GM. As Rikket said, you won't get the top titles off lower end monsters since the higher your fame gets the less fame they will give you. You can get Glorious off liches, but it will take a lot of them. Once your skills are high enough to kill lich lords, you can get a level of fame needed to show your title pretty quickly. Of course, you lose some of your fame (I think 10%) every time you die so you have to kill monsters and stay alive to get higher fame.

Nice link, thanks!
Checked it out, i'm kinda in the middle of the chart... I'm Admirable atm, pretty nice for 5 days of playing :D

halygon

Grandmaster
Well, tried them both, not working with my magery skill at 70 :\
I'll try to find someone strong enough to open it (the moment I'll find a guild), i want to know what's inside... maybe some nice armor for me :D

Discordance sounds awesome skill (literally), now I want this skills too, LOL!
Well, titans take like half-3/4 of my HP when hit me, bummer.
Almost all paragon chests require lockpicking to open. Different level paragon chests require different levels of lockpicking. Most though, require like 90+ LP to get em open.

They are all trapped too, so once unlocked, make sure to telekinesis them to trip the trap before getting close.

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
@Shiva , if you want to hide and get your things from your corpse then I'd suggest you to make a uoforever stealth bard + archery without resist.

Magery
Music
Provo
Hiding
Stealth
Tactics
Archery

Or forget weapon and go for a stealth Mage with talisman or stealth bard.

@halygon - may I ask what's the stats is like for your dexxer when you put 100 magery into the template? I haven't figured that out cuz you want 100 strength, high dex to swing ur weapon faster and you need to have at least 60 int for casting high circle spells otherwise it's a waste to have 100 magery. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shiva

Apprentice
@Shiva , if you want to hide and get your things from your corpse then I'd suggest you to make a uoforever stealth bard + archery without resist.

Magery
Music
Provo
Hiding
Stealth
Tactics
Archery

Or forget weapon and go for a stealth Mage with talisman or stealth bard.

@halygon - may I ask what's the stats is like for your dexxer when you put 100 magery into the template? I haven't figured that out cuz you want 100 strength, high dex to swing ur weapon faster and you need to have at least 60 int for casting high circle spells otherwise it's a waste to have 100 magery. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank u @Lady Macbeth, for now I set hiding to go down, don't know yet if to make it "0" or just lower it till 30-40.
Meanwhile, I lower it and GMed my Healing to 100, will work more to GM Tactics as the guys suggested and raise resist a bit.

BTW, speaking of stats, which stats do I need? I currently locked them.