Couple Questions

drasked

Grandmaster
Hmm, I got confused... Invis will not gain me resist?
I don't need magery higher than what I've, it's locked on 69, I need resist.
Or did u meant that I need to raise magery to be able to cast higher skills and then macro resist?

And yeah I know, I just don't have any regs/gold to do anything, and can't hunt alone my armor is lame and made from leather, and to get the high mobs i need high resist cuz they kill me in 2 hits.
So I'm kinda stuck at the moment, unless I'll find someone to party for mobs hunt.

Just GM magery, meditation and resist and when you are done turn down magery and meditation if you don't need them.

What template are you aiming for?

Shiva

Apprentice
Just GM magery, meditation and resist and when you are done turn down magery and meditation if you don't need them.

What template are you aiming for?

I wish I could... I'm at my 700 cap, I can't GM those skills atm.
I'm aimin for warrior with magic powers, this's what I've so far:

4XfENW5.png

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
If your idea is a mage-knight, you could try:

Anatomy: 100
Eval Intelligence: 100
tactics: 100
<weapon of choice>: 100
Healing: 100
Resist: 100
Magery: 100

Anatomy + Eval Intelligence grants something called, 'defensive wrestling'; you can't punch worth a damn but you can evade strikes as if you had 100 wrestling.

Use a two-handed weapon to capitalize on anatomy giving crit strikes; war-hammer is most useful in my opinion, but halberds would be best verse players, and if you stick with swordsmanship, is your only choice.

Mage Tower would welcome you with open arms with a build like that, especially if you like role-playing.

Shiva

Apprentice

Anatomy + Eval Intelligence grants something called, 'defensive wrestling'; you can't punch worth a damn but you can evade strikes as if you had 100 wrestling.

Use a two-handed weapon to capitalize on anatomy giving crit strikes; war-hammer is most useful in my opinion, but halberds would be best verse players, and if you stick with swordsmanship, is your only choice.

Mage Tower would welcome you with open arms with a build like that, especially if you like role-playing.

Well, If I GM Magery, don't I need meditation as well? If I'll have it already on 100.
And anyway, if I want to master Magery I need to raise mediation to be able to regenerate mana quickly.
And I prefer to be able to hit a good strike and take a good damage to be a tank, that way I can solo hunting and not to be depending on someone's help, for that I need Parrying as well to use a shield.

And yes, I've joined the Mage Tower guild yesterday :)

drasked

Grandmaster

No meditation but eval int? I think you mean to replace healing with meditation and you have a tank mage PVP build, not really suited for a new player or for PVE.

I wish I could... I'm at my 700 cap, I can't GM those skills atm.
I'm aimin for warrior with magic powers, this's what I've so far:

4XfENW5.png

If you are looking to make a warrior that can kill almost all monsters in this game solo i suggest the following build;

100 Weapon
100 Tactics
100 Anat
100 Healing
100 Resist
100 Provo
100 Music

100 str
100 dex
25 int

Through provocation you can let monsters attack each other and then you can hit them with a weapon to speed up the killing process.

And with a runebook with some recall scroll charges you can just recall around with 100% success ratio even with 0 magery.

Shiva

Apprentice
No meditation but eval int? I think you mean to replace healing with meditation and you have a tank mage PVP build, not really suited for a new player or for PVE.

If you are looking to make a warrior that can kill almost all monsters in this game solo i suggest the following build;

100 Weapon
100 Tactics
100 Anat
100 Healing
100 Resist
100 Provo
100 Music

100 str
100 dex
25 int

Through provocation you can let monsters attack each other and then you can hit them with a weapon to speed up the killing process.

And with a runebook with some recall scroll charges you can just recall around with 100% success ratio even with 0 magery.

I'm not into PvP, don't like it and don't see a point in it... I'm up to PvM.

I see many players are not using Parrying, is it not good enough? it's blocking the hits and can add a great amount of Physical Resist to me.

And yeah, I can use scrolls for portal/recall/mark, but they're expensive and hard to find specially portal scrolls.
On one hand, I prefer the scrolls, don't need to break my head with regs+magery+meditate all the time.
On the other hand, I use spells like Greater Healing when my HP is very low, it goes quicker than bandages and I can cure my self from poison or boost party mates.

Music sounds nice, I like this skill, when I calm down the monster do I able to kill him in he'll not attack me?
And do I need another skill to go with music, or does this skill makes the job without the provo/peackmaking?

I don't know if it's possible, but I think it could work:
100 Swordsmanship
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Resist
100 Parrying
100 Music

Or maybe, 90 Parrying and 10 Arms Lore, I use it to check my armor if it's damaged.

But to GM resist, I need magery+meditation to macro it... otherwise, it'll take forever to GM it with monsters.

Or to use tow-handed weapon, or just to use a sword cuz I've already GM it, and instead of Parrying to use some other skill... don't know yet which one.

Kinda lost already and don't know what to do next :confused:

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Parrying will block 50% of all incoming attacks (at GM rank), and reduce the damage by a certain amount depending on shield type. Order and Chaos shields work best (with Chaos shields being slightly better), but heater shields are what most use without Order or Chaos as an option. Heater shield break easier than metal kite shields though, which means more money on repairs.

I can not press enough how useful this chart is:

http://www.uorenaissance.com/stratics/combat

You'll find shields at the bottom of the page.

Shiva

Apprentice
Cool info site, well I'm using what I can find on floors or inside monsters :)

So what do u think, should I deacress parrying and raise some other skill? I just think that without a shield I'll die in 2sec.

drasked

Grandmaster
Cool info site, well I'm using what I can find on floors or inside monsters :)

So what do u think, should I deacress parrying and raise some other skill? I just think that without a shield I'll die in 2sec.

With provocation+music you can make monsters attack each other so they don't attack you. This is a very good defense and offense.