Couple Questions

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
If you mostly use your melee attacks you want high STR, and DEX.

Going for 100 in each sounds nice, but don't do it; a more balance distribution of stats is wiser ( and will lessen Mind Blast spell dmg by a lot).

Try, 90 STR & DEX with 45 in INT. You'll have most of what you need for a dexxer and plenty of mana to heal, recall, or whatever. If you're not getting at least 50 mana for 8th circle summons I wouldn't raise Magery beyond 65~ (for 100% chance on 4th circle spells), but that's a personal choice.

Just remember your total hit points (HP) and weight you can carry is based on STR.

Weapon swing speed is based off DEX.

INT is just pure mana, I think.

I've been using this chart to plan out my melee/archer characters (and skimming points here-and-there):

http://www.uorenaissance.com/stratics/combat

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
you only have 225 in total between strength/dex/int. So you will need to figure out the combo that suit you. If it's a dexxer then it will need higher dex so that you can swing your weapon faster to kill mobs before it kills you and useful to interrupt them to cast spells. On the other hand you don't want to have just 25 int/mana cuz once mobs or PK cast spell to drain your mana then you won't even be able to recall out. However, you can always drink potions to temporarily increase strength and dex. I play bard most of the time so I'm not the best person to ask but I hope someone can share what kinda stats they use on their dexxers .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shiva

Apprentice
Thanks Rikket_The_Rogue and Lady Macbeth.
I'll check the stats u've suggested.

BTW, I saw vendors near Brit's Bank with some Platinum Coins, Powder something and other I can't remember the names...
What are they and where do I get them?

And another question, how to I make items to spawn in my backpack if killed, I read they need to be blessed or something? How does it works?

Shiva

Apprentice
About the "show real skills", as I read the real is the real one and the regular is for the game to calculate the skills or something if I understand it right.
But I don't know if the regular skills that shown are taking "spacing" from my total 700 skills? or it's just for the show and it's doesn't count it?

9BcPmRH.png
IcigctU.png

dalmuti

Expert
Platinum coins come from paragon chests. There are also vendors near Brit Bank that take gold and donation coins for special items. When "show real" is checked, the numbers show how much of your 700 skill cap is being taken by the skills. When it is unchecked, it shows the skill that will be used for calculating your success chance when using the skill. So none of the skills in your screenshot are taking space in your 700 cap.

dalmuti

Expert
As far as getting things back when you die, they do need to be blessed. Some newbie items (like clothes and basic weapons you start with) come back even though they don't read "(blessed)" in the description. Some other items are always blessed, like spellbooks and runebooks. You can use a clothing bless deed to make other clothing items come back. For weapons and armor, you mostly need to have replacements or try to get back to your body. Item bless deeds exist, but there are only a couple on the server and they cost many millions of gold.

Shiva

Apprentice
Platinum coins come from paragon chests. There are also vendors near Brit Bank that take gold and donation coins for special items. When "show real" is checked, the numbers show how much of your 700 skill cap is being taken by the skills. When it is unchecked, it shows the skill that will be used for calculating your success chance when using the skill. So none of the skills in your screenshot are taking space in your 700 cap.

Ty, good to know it's no taking space from my total skills.

Well, i've paragon chest, but can't open it, lol.
yes I saw the regular vendors, but the items are very expensive in there, I barely manage to buy bandages and regs, i even don't have an armor :)
Even the smallest stuff they sell, all starts from high.

Is there any advice on how to get gold? I see playes with 40-60M, how did they get so much?
I understand in higher levels mobs there's more gold drop, but as a new player, i'm getting like 100-500 gold from mobs, and the stronger mobs I usually party with someone else so we share the drops.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Show real, and total points:

Show real is the total points you learned as a character; and you can have a max of 700 learned points (720 after powerscrolls)

If you do not 'show real' the extra points you see are your characters natural strengths (based on stats).

Example: If you never put points into camping (and never do either) but you have high STR, you'll still end up with about 35~ points in the skill, because of your STR.

If you never put points into magery, but you have high INT you'll still have some skill in magic.

These natural strengths will disappear as you gained learned skill however. These small amounts of points are rarely good for much, but you can use them to your advantage.

On the character you have been talking about for example you don't have any poisoning in your build, but after you've applied your stats you'll likely have enough 'natural talent' to apply lesser poison to your blade. It might take a few tries (and you might poison yourself once, or twice) but you CAN apply poison.

So when you finished your build, and your stats go through your skill sheet again and take note of any skill that has 10 or more 'natural talent' points in it; you might be surprised what you can do! :)

drasked

Grandmaster
Ty, good to know it's no taking space from my total skills.

Well, i've paragon chest, but can't open it, lol.
yes I saw the regular vendors, but the items are very expensive in there, I barely manage to buy bandages and regs, i even don't have an armor :)
Even the smallest stuff they sell, all starts from high.

Is there any advice on how to get gold? I see playes with 40-60M, how did they get so much?
I understand in higher levels mobs there's more gold drop, but as a new player, i'm getting like 100-500 gold from mobs, and the stronger mobs I usually party with someone else so we share the drops.

The big money is made in endgame PVE (champs, RDA and bosses)

Here power scrolls and relics will drop that can sell for millions.

A good way for a beginning player to get gold is any template with provocation/music on it and hunt some of the higher end mobs, blood elementals, shadow demons, titans and i bet there are more. (good rune library north west from yew moongate with all the mob spawns)

Eventually you will want to dabble in the "meta" stuff (meta tamers, meta mages and meta dexer) and find a guild that does endgame PVE to get some real money going.

Shiva

Apprentice
Rikket_The_Rogue, wow didn't know about the poison thing, so even if i've it in show real "0", i still can poison my weapon?

drasked, what does it mean "PVE, champs, RDA"?
And yeah, some mate showed me the library... we thought "hey, lets try it out". yeah, that went well.
So we made a party of 3 newbies and we went to the Orc Cave, it was fun, we died maybe 15 times each one, until some nice Mage guy came across and helped us :)
In the end he died too when we fought the titans, fun times!

drasked

Grandmaster
drasked, what does it mean "PVE, champs, RDA"?
And yeah, some mate showed me the library... we thought "hey, lets try it out". yeah, that went well.
So we made a party of 3 newbies and we went to the Orc Cave, it was fun, we died maybe 15 times each one, until some nice Mage guy came across and helped us :)
In the end he died too when we fought the titans, fun times!

PVE stands for player versus environment also known as PVM (players versus monsters)

More info on RDA = http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=RDA
More info on Champs = http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Champion_Spawns

Shiva

Apprentice
PVE stands for player versus environment also known as PVM (players versus monsters)

More info on RDA = http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=RDA
More info on Champs = http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Champion_Spawns

Oh, those portals that pop Near Brit's bank, cool.
I see a lot of high level rushing in there.

I was macroing Resist with Mind Blast spell, can it kill me or just draining the mana?
Cuz I was AFK for about 15 mins and got back and was dead, I think PK killed me or something, took me half of hour running around the forest searching for a healer :\

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Oh, those portals that pop Near Brit's bank, cool.
I see a lot of high level rushing in there.

I was macroing Resist with Mind Blast spell, can it kill me or just draining the mana?
Cuz I was AFK for about 15 mins and got back and was dead, I think PK killed me or something, took me half of hour running around the forest searching for a healer :\

If you used Mind Blast you killed yourself; that spell does damage.

Mana Drain is the one you want to use.

Shiva

Apprentice
If you used Mind Blast you killed yourself; that spell does damage.

Mana Drain is the one you want to use.

lol, what a newb I'm, lost all my regs and I've no gold to buy more o_O
But Mana Drain is a bit low for my skill level I think and I'm resisted to it.
My Resist skill is at 67.4, I read somewhere I need to use Energy Bolt or Mind Blast till 70+.
What is the best spell to raise Resist? Energy Bolt working find, but it's taking forever to raise 0.1.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
generally speaking you want to use mana drain till you're about 70 if I remember right. Then you switch over to Mana Vampire.

The skill gains are horrid at best though; I still haven't GM'd Resist. I got it to 85~ and went out into the field. The monsters and PK's can get me the rest of the way there. :p

Shiva

Apprentice
Well, I don't know what's going on with the Resist skill, tried every middle-high spells, nothing is working.
Was macroing each spell for about 30mins till 2hrs, nothing... not even raised by 0.1% :(

drasked

Grandmaster
0-50~ from npc
50-62.8 mana drain
62.8-75.5 invis
75.5-GM mana vamp

This will level your magery, meditation, eval int and resist.

Make sure you buy your regs in cheap towns like ocollo (and i think with current faction taxes, moonglow)

prices should be 2 and 4 gold

You gain skills faster in dungeons and while being fully fed.

Shiva

Apprentice
0-50~ from npc
50-62.8 mana drain
62.8-75.5 invis
75.5-GM mana vamp

This will level your magery, meditation, eval int and resist.

Make sure you buy your regs in cheap towns like ocollo (and i think with current faction taxes, moonglow)

prices should be 2 and 4 gold

You gain skills faster in dungeons and while being fully fed.

Wow, so many new info! thanks mate.
Didn't know I need to be fully fed... and someone else showed me there's a well in Brit that I need to drink from and it'll make it easier or something.

I don't know where's Ocollo, I'm buying my regs in Brit or Moonglow, never been in other cities don't even know how to get there.
Except Brit & Moonglow I know Minoc from back in the days and Cove discovered by mistake couple days ago, but there's nothing going on in there.

And I'll try Invisibility, didn't try that one :)

drasked

Grandmaster
Wow, so many new info! thanks mate.
Didn't know I need to be fully fed... and someone else showed me there's a well in Brit that I need to drink from and it'll make it easier or something.

I don't know where's Ocollo, I'm buying my regs in Brit or Moonglow, never been in other cities don't even know how to get there.
Except Brit & Moonglow I know Minoc from back in the days and Cove discovered by mistake couple days ago, but there's nothing going on in there.

And I'll try Invisibility, didn't try that one :)

Invis won't get you any resist, it's just to bridge the gap between mana drain and mana vamp (should roughly be 200 casts of invis to get you there)

Brit well does not do anything according to the admins.

Just look at the reg prices, the cheapest is 2 and 4, i think brit isn't too bad currently with 3 and 5, not sure tho. You can buy runebooks with runes to all the different mage shops from players, i just port around and look where the cheap regs are at.

Shiva

Apprentice
Invis won't get you any resist, it's just to bridge the gap between mana drain and mana vamp (should roughly be 200 casts of invis to get you there)

Brit well does not do anything according to the admins.

Just look at the reg prices, the cheapest is 2 and 4, i think brit isn't too bad currently with 3 and 5, not sure tho. You can buy runebooks with runes to all the different mage shops from players, i just port around and look where the cheap regs are at.

Hmm, I got confused... Invis will not gain me resist?
I don't need magery higher than what I've, it's locked on 69, I need resist.
Or did u meant that I need to raise magery to be able to cast higher skills and then macro resist?

And yeah I know, I just don't have any regs/gold to do anything, and can't hunt alone my armor is lame and made from leather, and to get the high mobs i need high resist cuz they kill me in 2 hits.
So I'm kinda stuck at the moment, unless I'll find someone to party for mobs hunt.