ELEMENTS OF WAR event

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
This is why you are dubbed Tard.

I thought war of the elements had a story line attached?

Where is the story line located? And why are the elements at war?

Really? And you're calling him Tard? Read the War of Elements thread..like actually ready the whole thing and scroll down.

*shakes head*

Saturn

Grandmaster
Really? And you're calling him Tard? Read the War of Elements thread..like actually ready the whole thing and scroll down.

*shakes head*
Cant need cliff notes version to busy making MEMEs for PvP section.
Please PM me cliff notes
Thnx Skye

Saturn

Grandmaster
You will read the story sir, and you will GD like it!
@Skye Wolfbane
Apparently who ever wrote the story didnt realize that there has never been a mage shop in Minoc, so where is this mysterious wizard returning to if there is no mage shop in Minoc?

Was this a over-sight or a cliff hanger?

Last edited by a moderator:

Afro Man

Grandmaster
@Skye Wolfbane
Apparently who ever wrote the story didnt realize that there has never been a mage shop in Minoc, so where is this mysterious wizard returning to if there is no mage shop in Minoc?

Was this a over-sight or a cliff hanger?
a+a+a+a+freaks+gif+midget.gif

Saturn

Grandmaster
I have found the mighty Minoc Mage Shop!

After some extensive forensic evaluation i performed at a tent i found in Minoc my conclusion is the Mage has been raped and kidnapped.
MtZV7DI.png

I am off to rescue said Mage.
Will report back any findings asap!

Saturn

Grandmaster
*Huff Huff Huff*

I have made it back *huff huff* safely.

On my search for the Wizard i ran into a fellow who said he might know of a wizard from Minoc,
EdVaLbk.png

as very few wizards come from Minoc the ones that do become quite famous!!

This Wizard... He seemed to know much more about this mage then he should have...
I became very suspicious so i pulled out my trusty pokeball and summoned shadez

NTYTSE8.png

With my trusty pokemon by my side i felt much safer, so we continued our conversation.
Then... all of the sudden.... he started waving his arms in the air speaking in tongues.
Shadez thought he heard the wizard mumble a spell under his breathe!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor wizard.... Never saw it coming.
zY3o2RL.png

The wizard although having his head bit off stood right back up, and casted one last dark ritual paralyzing Shadez!

A few quick words of comfort from his master put him at ease.... (or maybe it was eating the freshly killed human that calmed him down, hes a fucking bear how the hell am i suppose to know)

I am still searching for this Wizard from Minoc, armed with new information it looks like i will be needing company on my next adventure.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
Oh well oops. GOD SORRY! Yeah totally forgot no mage shop. But could just be his OWN shop.

Anyway, I appreciate you trying to correct it. If nothing else, I have achieved making you role play. I win.:)

I tried to use some Ultima lore. It's not spot on, but the main idea is from Ultima VIII.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saturn

Grandmaster
Oh well oops. GOD SORRY! Yeah totally forgot no mage shop. But could just be his OWN shop.

Anyway, I appreciate you trying to correct it. If nothing else, I have achieved making you role play. I win.:)

I tried to use some Ultima lore. It's not spot on, but the main idea is from The Underworld.

You did a great job i read through the entire story line and the feeling i get from this mysterious mage is he would have his own private little mage shop, that not many know about and even less can actually see :)

Im not against RP, its typically pretty fun with the right people.

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
I noticed Shane made another post It all ends tonight and a request for screenshots so I assume the event is over now? So maybe a little constructive feedback from my pov.

Big bonus points:
  • Announcement: Placing a post on the forums is nice but people may still miss it. Several ingame announcements made sure everyone was aware of what was going to happen. This allowed people to prepare for the event properly. This might seem like a minor thing but from the perspective of crafters and merchants, these are exciting times!
  • Timetable: The biggest disappointment about event is missing out on them. Specially if you live in a non-US timezone this can be problematic. Having the events run 24h/day for several days allows everyone to participate without having to reschedule your own agenda is very liberating.
  • Accessibility: I love the idea of mixing a few harder monsters with a bunch of entry level monsters. I saw various templates participating in this event without excluding anyone. There were even a few young players who were attending! The point system makes sure even focusing on the entry level monsters can be rewarding.

Other remarks:
  • Earth invasion: Loved the idea of mixing various elements so people had to work with different templates to get things done. Like the pet immunity, also the weapon/armor breaking elementals. The only thing I detested were the sand vortexes. They are a pushover, but they did a lot of ranged damage. Since the spawn was so dense, this often was a PITA when a dexxer has several 'misses' in a row.
  • Air invasion: Sorry, missed this because I made other plans. I'm sure the unexpecting miners in Minoc hated it :)
  • Fire invasion: I think this was your first testrun with the new system in place. It was a bit monotone in terms of monsters in the beginning but that escalated quickly. The only thing I hated was that the spawn was dieing out due to remnants being stuck inside the city walls. There were a few resets to temporarily fix this, but yeah... I live in an unlucky timezone so there were a lot of times when others and me were like: 'screw this, I'm going to do something else'. I'm sure this is already on your 'lessons learned' list :)
  • Water invasion: Perfect location! People at hotspots (bank, healer and other buildings to protect them with LOS) had some downtime between spawns but if you wanted some real action you went into the open fields were you got attacked form all sides and it was a lot more challenging. The mix of water elementals, tidal wave thingies and krakens was perfect. Tamers did a little complaining once they started pettanking the krakens, that all dexxers jumped on it. Sup-price, sup-price! Elemental/water slayers didn't work in it so we it's nice that tamer got their own 'Ha, fuck you dexxers'-moment. I think those blue krakens were actually balrons in disguise. Also, potionloot on water elementals gave me a much needed lesson in the importance of potions!
  • Elemental Bosses: Unfortunately I missed these due to timezone differences. It would have been nice if I were able to witness at least one of them. At least I'm great-full that there are pictures on the forum so I can see the massacre that took place.
  • Town safety: I understand reds and griefers feel that they are being left out of these events and they do have a point if I'm being honest. But then again, I never saw so many people act nicely toward each other it actually restored my faith in other players. No looting corpses from each other or from fallen players due to guard intervening... no people were actually resurrecting strangers and helping them to recover! Including this server's punchbag guild EQMS.
  • Fragment crystals (and other rares?): Opening every corpse, checking if you got looting rights, dragging out the gold. I get it's tiresome and will drive some people to use looting scripts. However, that poses an unfair competition when it comes to grabbing the crystal (or other rares that I may have missed) from the corpse. Probably a minor issue, but still an issue to me. A lot of people weren't informed about these crystals eighter so they didn't bother checking for them until the last phase. Maybe this should have been more in the spotlight, but then again it was posted on the forums.

Overall, I had a great time but I welcome a little rest now and will retreat to mining again!