Hiding while in party!

spudd

Grandmaster
I like that aspect of it don't get me wrong. But to be able to cast a positive or negative spell or hit a part member with am bolt or bandage WHILE THEYRE HIDDEN needs to be fixed

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster
I like that aspect of it don't get me wrong. But to be able to cast a positive or negative spell or hit a part member with a sexy or bandage WHILE THEYRE HIDDEN needs to be fixed
Nice slip.

I have brought this to the dev staff to look at.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I like that aspect of it don't get me wrong. But to be able to cast a positive or negative spell or hit a part member with a sexy or bandage WHILE THEYRE HIDDEN needs to be fixed

From a PvP standpoint of course it's balanced because you can still kill the player that's healing if the hider is making any agressive actions against an innocent because they would turn grey, and you can't heal factioners. You also come out of hiding still if you use a bandage no matter who you use it on.

And realistically it's plausible that a group of people would have previous knowledge of where each is going to be hiding, this just takes the aspect of actually typing away and gives non-voicechat using players an equal playing field.

spudd

Grandmaster
From a PvP standpoint of course it's balanced because you can still kill the player that's healing if the hider is making any agressive actions against an innocent because they would turn grey, and you can't heal factioners. You also come out of hiding still if you use a bandage no matter who you use it on.

And realistically it's plausible that a group of people would have previous knowledge of where each is going to be hiding, this just takes the aspect of actually typing away and gives non-voicechat using players an equal playing field.

Uhm, I am not FULLY sure we are on the same page here. Then again, I am exhausted right now reading your post.
It only shows you hidden if youre in party.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
One intriguing factor with this change is that party members healing their hidden friends will actually show opposing players where to reveal, if anything.

jamison1987

Master
Imo u should only party ppl u trust but on the other hand targeting macros mess up from time to time. It's cool to see but not to be able to target/ cast on.

Purge - Bard Archer
Dwight Frye - LJ Warrior
Knuckle Samm - Heal/Stun Mage
Ruster - Stealth Fencer
Vikktor - Fisherman
Drag the Waters - Treasure Hunter
OneSOB - Thief
AEnema - Tamer

Bunnky

Grandmaster
One intriguing factor with this change is that party members healing their hidden friends will actually show opposing players where to reveal, if anything.
Yea this is a good point. I thought this was a strange change. I see that it can be extremely helpful sometimes, but can also cause major problems in pvp.

Snickle

Grandmaster
Imo u should only party ppl u trust but on the other hand targeting macros mess up from time to time. It's cool to see but not to be able to target/ cast on.

Purge - Bard Archer
Dwight Frye - LJ Warrior
Knuckle Samm - Heal/Stun Mage
Ruster - Stealth Fencer
Vikktor - Fisherman
Drag the Waters - Treasure Hunter
OneSOB - Thief
AEnema - Tamer
Why do you manually type in all your characters name every post?

Snickle

Grandmaster
I bugged Adam to let us see each other in party stealthing, for weeks now. When we have 8 stealth archers tripping over each other it's no fun :( time to go out!
UO positioning system.
Comb the areas instead of walking together.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I can assure you that the last thing any true stealther wants is a blue healer following them around. Kind of a dead giveaway if you ask me. Don't forget also that you cannot stealth while mounted.

I'm sure that someday having a party member talk to me while im hidden will be the death of me, all I ask is that he can heal me the next time to make up for it.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
You also come out of hiding still if you use a bandage no matter who you use it on.

Someone told me, I haven't tested it, that setting up a heal macro through the built-in UO macro/hotkeys will allow you to heal using bandages and remain hidden, versus using Razor or other programs. Not sure if that's true or not...

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Touche.

As far as I know the bandage self will remain hidden, not sure if you can crossheal and remain hidden even with the UO options though. Is there really a circumstance where crosshealing with bandages while hidden will ever occur as anything more than a convenience?