IMPORTANT FIX the ECONOMY on UOF

asics

Grandmaster
ok guys (devs @Adam @Shane @Carl)

you are making an AWESOME work on the 2015 features.. and a lot of players..like me are more then happy to keep support you with some donations for sure!; i will try my best to show you how much im appreciating all this..

BUUUT

here some issue.. we hav eon the server right now:

- We dont have a MARKET FOR: and its not my idea..almost evevry skilled player that im talking on IRC, skype, in game, or forums think this..so maybe you have BETTER SOLUTION..then my proposal..but pls do something..cause i dont want see this server have this economy so fucked..

Powescrolls with NO MARKET

almost every ps right now is flooded, you are happy JUST if you drop a 120's..if you drop every 105\110 its pure trash.. right now i see 105 taming for 55k in vendors... some 115 is good..but really not worth right now

:solution?

-
Vendor that sink PS and give you points to accede a shop
- Weekly or Monthly Raffle that you use PS instead gold or dono
-Dungeons that Require you too enter some PS , and let you enter
-Recipe for NEW rares that requier some 105-110 PS! (like hued quiver wereable, that require quiver+ cloth+recipe+ps tailor 105\110)

Statue or Easy Rares with no Market

Now if you drop an easy statuette (like a Lich, an Ettin, an Ogre..or other commons) is like to drop a 105 tailor ss..you keep it on your bank..and new player..that are looking to make some gold..dont have nothing good with this..market..so

- vendor that sink statuette\rares give you points to accede a shop
-weekly or monthly raffle
-dungeons area\altar that if you put the exact number of required statuette (SINK them) a miniboss appear
-recipe for new rare decos that require some statuette

BOD CLOTHS..with no market :((((

one year ago..you have to pay ..with difficult to find..150k for 5 yards of tier 5 cloths.. you added some hues..but its no the solution..now if you get some bod cloth..you are just sick..cause amost expensive you can find at 50\60k for 5yards..

what we can do to bring back..them desiderable and tradable?

1) make them not "farmable with multiple tailors" maybe an IP Block?

2) as usual:

- weekly or monthly raffle that give you some PARticular HUE of CLOTh , and for ticket you have to use a RANDOM REQUIRED BOD CLOTHS like example:

you want take 1 ticket the vendor ask you : 5 blood cloth + 5 fallon cloth
then if you fill it, you can ask him another ticket and he will ask you: 5 yellow cloth + 5 fire orange cloth
then when timers out..who win the raffle get like from 2 to 6 yards of a A,B,C,D,E new hues? or New Sandals!

3) make some rare decos with BOD CLOTH:

example= 100 fallon cloth + 10 bear rug + recipe + PS tailor -----> fallon bear rug
example= 100 red metallic +10 tapestry + recipe+ ps tailor---> red metallic tapestry

example=100 mint green+100pillow shipwreck+recpie+ps tailor--> mint green pillow
example= 50 charcoal lcoth + 1 quiver donation item + recipe + ps tailor--> charcoal quiver

4)Make CLOTHING mixup with different hues..

example= 10fallon cloth + 10 red metallic cloth +10 charcoal cloth + recipe + ps tailor = 5 cloth of NEW HUES

Rare Mounts HUED

i understand to keep this kind of mounts on dono coins but what about to put RANDOM in the world..maybe in rdas or someoutside..not in certain spots pets like this:

-Dark White Horse (no taming required)
-Dark Grey Horse (no taming required)
-Orange Ostard
-Pure white Horse (no taming required)
-Ice blue (grey) Horse
-Ice Blue Lama
-Different hue of Desert\Ostard|frenzied

BEETLE WITH PACK WITH DIFFERENT HUE..NOT STRANGE HUE.. maybe a white one..a dark white...a grey..a brown one...some common hues..then some rares hue..charchoal, ice white, ice blue..

this kind of pets instead be stable, can be "ticket" and also steleable.. tamers could find..and make it ticket..by Stabling..

this kind of mount cannot be Bonded IF you dont use A SPECIAL BOND DEED, that cost 2500 or 5000coins
this is..cause

-we get the FUN to find , tame, and market them..without just buy on dono vendors
-who will use..will dono or buy dono from other player, so the server still get our support!

dont forget pls about add some new drops on Hunting :)

this dont want sounds for you as..something that you MUST do..but something that i think a lot of player would appreciate..and donate for something like that.. i hope you appreciate my love for you server..with this kind of suggestion..or helping new players and hold the italian community here ^^ like Little Italy ;) but without spaghetti everywhere!

tnx to everyone that read this all!

i go sleep!

cya!

IlTamatore

Sketeg

Master
I really like the idea of crafting rares using powerscrolls, the market is really dying on powerscrolls (except for a few 120s). Being that it is late game content for most PvMs it is kind of disappointing lately.

Also, i really like the idea of combining large amounts of BOD clothes to get new hues

wreckognize

Grandmaster
BOD cloth, PS, and statue vendor are all great ideas, +1 on those.

Maybe you could buy unidentified weapons, or choose ''what's in the box??'' for rares, with the points?

and +1 on some new hunting drops, but really gotta keep the existing ones, well, existing, for the economy's sake...

asics

Grandmaster
BOD cloth, PS, and statue vendor are all great ideas, +1 on those.

Maybe you could buy unidentified weapons, or choose ''what's in the box??'' for rares, with the points?

and +1 on some new hunting drops, but really gotta keep the existing ones, well, existing, for the economy's sake...

for prizes...with the points its all about the staff..but i will be happy if after 100 ps from champs..i can get some prize..instead have like
20x 105\110 unsold at all.. :)

asics

Grandmaster
Good suggestions.

from the BOSS, im honorated ^^

if you ever implement some of this.. pls remember me! with a special hue bear mask ahaha ...btw shane..are you thinking about the PM i sent you about mask\donation item HUE we missed?:) ( i dont want derail the trhead)

btw..you think some of this suggestion ..you will use? or think about them? if yes..which one? there is some that you DONT LIKE? if yes..which? and why?:) ahah could you reply at this ..so all the players..can imagine\think\work on an idea..that they will love in game.. and if we get what we like..we play..and server keep go every ..better..like now!:)

Cino

Master
I really like the idea of using flooded items in some sort of sinking mechanic, as long as it isn't just going to create new items that will do the same thing.

asics

Grandmaster
yes Cino, but at least...we take "time" , cause a perfect solution, in a world, with INFINITE GOLD, infinite potential drop of any ps\rare\item\weapons, and withouth a "perma death" with blessed item..its not possibile..dont exist..its a "false economy" but at least if we get it really more longer....we could have fun..

they introduced champs..and ps..cause the end game for "pvm" was ended..now we need a...new step..for the things i listed..but feel free ..and i love to read..some better ideas!:)

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
I agree with everyone else, all of these suggestions are surprising and new. All very good.

Powerscrolls especially need some kind of sink, that is the only way, there are just too many accumulating and it will only continue

wendy whoppers

Grandmaster
You guys do realise they added rare champion artifacts on champs? I looted one off a newbie who died at imp champ a while back. It's a red hued awesome skull thing- it's at the front of my house if you want to see it. These are extremely rare!!!!! Our guild hasn't got one since... So that's end game. I've been offered 1.5m for the artifact but declined given it's rarity

wendy whoppers

Grandmaster
Endgame pvm: advertise the champ artifacts guys... No one knows they exist since they are so rare...

Maybe put a few wearables on champs too and show what can be obtained with the percentage rarity drop. Ie 1% chance to drop rare glacial sandals or something... That's all you need to do. Sure you can introduce a gold sink vendor for powerscrolls but what I've said above is less work

wendy whoppers

Grandmaster
Ps the champ rares is awesome @Shane @Adam but please make a post indicating the rarity and types of rares available!!! I don't think anyone has any idea that these actually spawn!!! If it wasn't for the unlucky person who died from a paragon succubus as the champ died I wouldn't have known these existed (looted the artifact off the dead Newb).

halygon

Grandmaster
I completely disagree with the whole using flooded items as sink mechanics because this is just fixing the symptom and not the actual problem. Its actually quite a selfish suggestion because it is benefiting those solely who have horded powerscrolls through over farming. Rich stay richer.

We have flooded items markets because of the ease to actually get said items. How many Powerscrolls are we up to handing out for a single champ spawn? The answer is waaay too many. We are an established shard, we do not need to keep just handing out items to build up the player base. Cut down the intake of powerscrolls and the overabundance of them will even themselves out through demand in the market.

Statues/easy rares -- These probably shouldn't have much value honestly. Are you looking for the staff to find a way to make you more money? If they are easy statues, they are cheap. Just because you have a billion of them, doesn't mean everyone does. Hell, I have never ever received a statue while farming.

BOD Cloths -- Yeah the market does suck here. I think this is almost exclusively due to two things: 1) tier 4 & 5 cloth sBods are super easy to acquire -- why are these not more rare? Good sBODs are super rare for smithy items -- and there is still a huge market paying top dollar for good smithy rewards. 2) The cloth colors should probably be mixxed up from time to time to prevent players from getting bored. Lets face it, UO is full of a ton of Hyper ADHD players that can't keep satisfied by any one item for very long. PIXELS MA SHINY PIXELS!

I am just saying instead of trying to introduce a bunch of new mechanics that is only going to continue an already flawed system -- why not fix the actual system instead.

Rare colored mounts -- Hell yeah. I like the idea of having mounts that non-tamers can actually enjoy. I mean right now we pretty much only have cool colored wolves.

wendy whoppers

Grandmaster
Powerscrolls were always doomed to fall. Except for good 120s... It's not like champion spawns are not done.... I made a mint thanks to silly players paying a lot for them.

Anyway the new thing for champs is artifacts!! We have done like 30 spawns/harrowers and haven't got one since my initial looted arty.

halygon

Grandmaster
Powerscrolls were always doomed to fall. Except for good 120s... It's not like champion spawns are not done.... I made a mint thanks to silly players paying a lot for them.

Anyway the new thing for champs is artifacts!! We have done like 30 spawns/harrowers and haven't got one since my initial looted arty.
Actually the new thing is whatever the new thing is for Taming. Some groups are just loved more than others.

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
I would totally get behind just 1 power scroll drop from a champ (and chance of other rares). I always thought 3 was way, way too many from the first time I heard it. This would just make powerscrolls more valuable on the market and gets people champ'ing more to obtain them

Last edited by a moderator:

wendy whoppers

Grandmaster
No point changing it to 1 drop now. The market is forever doomed. It won't repair. I know of people who actually have 100s stored because they are too lazy to sell 105s and 110s. OSI was the same. 105-115 worthless, with 120s rare and extremely valuable.

Artifacts is why you do a champ with a hope of a 120. Should at least put champ gold back up though!!!

halygon

Grandmaster
No point changing it to 1 drop now. The market is forever doomed. It won't repair. I know of people who actually have 100s stored because they are too lazy to sell 105s and 110s. OSI was the same. 105-115 worthless, with 120s rare and extremely valuable.

Artifacts is why you do a champ with a hope of a 120. Should at least put champ gold back up though!!!
I disagree. It is not too late to lower the drop rate and amount of powerscrolls. I am not talking about a solution that fixes the market overnight, I am talking long term, which is what we should all be focusing on as any short term solutions would only make shit worse.

asics

Grandmaster
You guys do realise they added rare champion artifacts on champs? I looted one off a newbie who died at imp champ a while back. It's a red hued awesome skull thing- it's at the front of my house if you want to see it. These are extremely rare!!!!! Our guild hasn't got one since... So that's end game. I've been offered 1.5m for the artifact but declined given it's rarity

eheh yes, i got two relics..but ... all the ps? everyday are going cheaper...try to be open minded!:)

asics

Grandmaster
Endgame pvm: advertise the champ artifacts guys... No one knows they exist since they are so rare...

Maybe put a few wearables on champs too and show what can be obtained with the percentage rarity drop. Ie 1% chance to drop rare glacial sandals or something... That's all you need to do. Sure you can introduce a gold sink vendor for powerscrolls but what I've said above is less work

i also like if we get an "obsidian piece of champs"..and when you get piece from 1 to 9 (numbered) you can get a Champs Statue?:)