IMPORTANT FIX the ECONOMY on UOF

wendy whoppers

Grandmaster
Poker - we need this. Need high roller tables too. Ie 25k, 50k, 100k blinds. Then you can have the pebble tables for newbs and cry babies.

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
What if we are able to spawn our own RDAs using powerscrolls at a certain vendor, rather than have RDAs just appear randomly? You could even tier the RDAs, and make each 105/110/115 spawn a different type of RDA. This is purely to sink early PS's, not 120's. So a guild who wanted to do a dragon RDA for example would have to donate 3-4 115 powerscrolls if multiple people wanted to go.

This gives end game something new to do and sinks lower-level PS's. Drop rates in RDAs and drop rates of powerscrolls in general could be adjusted to make this work.

Right now we have super-super rare items fetching millions of gold in RDAs, and basically everything else in the game is vendor trash for less than 500k.

asics

Grandmaster
What if we are able to spawn our own RDAs using powerscrolls at a certain vendor, rather than have RDAs just appear randomly? You could even tier the RDAs, and make each 105/110/115 spawn a different type of RDA. This is purely to sink early PS's, not 120's. So a guild who wanted to do a dragon RDA for example would have to donate 3-4 115 powerscroll's if multiple people wanted to go.

This gives end game something new to do and sinks lower-level PS's. Drop rates in RDAs and drop rates of powerscrolls in general could be adjusted to make this work.

Right now we have super-super rare items fetching millions of gold in RDAs, and basically everything else is vendor trash for less than 500k.

i dont think about RDA, but i think its fair a DUNGEON or some Level of dungoens, that require some SINK to enter:

like Ice Dungeon, or Hitlot new levels, (rewamped with nice drops..) (or an entihre dungeon) require some PS or Statuette to enter!

Slice N Dice

Grandmaster
I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if anyone has suggested this yet but

For power scrolls what if you could trade them in for either silver or platinum coins.

say some 105 ps is going for 40k. you could trade that in for 1000 plat.

At the exchange rate of 40/1 for plat it would be expensive but I'm sure it would get a ton of 105's and 110s off the market, which would drive their price and demand up. It would also give the admins more control on the ps market.

Could do something similar for bod cloth
I personally have a ton of random colors nobody is buying.
I think the server has plenty of color right now.

The more colorful things that are added the less rare and special they become.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
TLDR (but I will). I just noticed this thread and I'm very interested in the issues mentionned by @asics

I agree with most of the problems he listed. I'm not sure about some solutions...

There is cleary, in my opinion, a problem with tailoring rewards, with powerscrolls, and probably more.

I'll start with tailoring cause I know it best.

I used to have 3 tailors. One locked at 120, anther one locked at 70.0 (to recieve more tier 2 BODs, for mica at the time, since at this level you get tiers 1-3) and another one locked at 70.1 which was on a 3 hours timer and could recieve litteraly any BOD.

I remember when I made my first millions. It was with tailoring. It's with tailoring that I could GM taming buying 20 scrolls. It's with tailoring I bought my first houses.

By the time, you could put 25 charcoal yards at 5k per on a vendor and they were all gone the day after. You could even sell shitty colors like red blue!

The problem is, in my opinion, that it is so easy to stack cloth, the rarity will alwaaaays decrease. The best solution, for me, would be to have a BOD reward rotation.

You added 2 colors per tier about a year ago. Why not keep it at 4, removing 2 random colors per tear every 3 or 4 or 6 months or so? It would create a timely rarity. We wouldn't know if the removed colors would come back or not. But we would know it is a possibility. It would revive the market.

Now, power scrolls... I feel like most of them are trash, it's true. 115 blacksmithy use to go for 350. Now it's slightly above 100k. 120 BS are sold for half a mil. It goes like this for many, many skills (who would buy a 115 tailoring PS for 300k when you can't sell tailoring BOD rewards?).

There's a few problems here... First, there are a LOT of PS on the market. But that is going to correct itself if we have more players (which I understand we do). Once the newcomers start making gold, they will buy. And then, with more players, but the same amount of PS dropped per champ (is it 3 always?), they will become rarer.

The second and more important problem is the utility of certain skills.

Tailoring is dead.

Blacksmithy is dead.

Carpentry got hyped a bit, but I don't know if people buy. The wood seems too hard to harvest for items to be sold at a reasonnable price. Can you imagine the price of a frostwood 120 carp chest?

The rewards from investing in a crafting skill aren't appealing enough (for quite some time). Nothing to do with all your good work. It might be situationnal...

The real, real problem in my opinion, is that the market is waaaay too focused on very specific items, which are insanely high end. People are saving for meta eggs and relics, which cost millions and millions. The rich don't care. They can buy and find their eggs and still wear their dono/pw/blaze cloth.

But for the well-off, who would generally invest in tailoring cloth for example, they save all their gold for the new goodies.

Take me. I'm not rich. I'm well off. If I focus on making gold, I can gather it quite easily. I made 1.3 mils yesterday. I spent 1 today. I'm always broke, but when I want to, I have a decent income. Nothing close to the people with 10-20 mils in their bank, a castle or 2, and another 20 mils worth of donation/rares.

If I want a meta pet, unlike these guys, I need to save all my gold. No more PS. No more SS. No more wearables. Shitty ethies (i currently have a llama and a horse). I might even have to sell my house if I really want it (and the house market is broke cause everyone in my situation alos has to sell their house if they want to have access to the new high end stuff).

My point isn't that I should have access to everything easily. The point of playing UO is to work hard to finally achieve end game goals.

My point is that the economy rely on people like me, which are numerous, who are pretty well off in game but not crazy rich, who spend all the gold they make, and who are absolutely not interested in buying player made wearables or PS right now, unless it's taming material.

asics

Grandmaster
TLDR (but I will). I just noticed this thread and I'm very interested in the issues mentionned by @asics

I agree with most of the problems he listed. I'm not sure about some solutions...

There is cleary, in my opinion, a problem with tailoring rewards, with powerscrolls, and probably more.

I'll start with tailoring cause I know it best.

I used to have 3 tailors. One locked at 120, anther one locked at 70.0 (to recieve more tier 2 BODs, for mica at the time, since at this level you get tiers 1-3) and another one locked at 70.1 which was on a 3 hours timer and could recieve litteraly any BOD.

I remember when I made my first millions. It was with tailoring. It's with tailoring that I could GM taming buying 20 scrolls. It's with tailoring I bought my first houses.

By the time, you could put 25 charcoal yards at 5k per on a vendor and they were all gone the day after. You could even sell shitty colors like red blue!

The problem is, in my opinion, that it is so easy to stack cloth, the rarity will alwaaaays decrease. The best solution, for me, would be to have a BOD reward rotation.

You added 2 colors per tier about a year ago. Why not keep it at 4, removing 2 random colors per tear every 3 or 4 or 6 months or so? It would create a timely rarity. We wouldn't know if the removed colors would come back or not. But we would know it is a possibility. It would revive the market.

Now, power scrolls... I feel like most of them are trash, it's true. 115 blacksmithy use to go for 350. Now it's slightly above 100k. 120 BS are sold for half a mil. It goes like this for many, many skills (who would buy a 115 tailoring PS for 300k when you can't sell tailoring BOD rewards?).

There's a few problems here... First, there are a LOT of PS on the market. But that is going to correct itself if we have more players (which I understand we do). Once the newcomers start making gold, they will buy. And then, with more players, but the same amount of PS dropped per champ (is it 3 always?), they will become rarer.

The second and more important problem is the utility of certain skills.

Tailoring is dead.

Blacksmithy is dead.

Carpentry got hyped a bit, but I don't know if people buy. The wood seems too hard to harvest for items to be sold at a reasonnable price. Can you imagine the price of a frostwood 120 carp chest?

The rewards from investing in a crafting skill aren't appealing enough (for quite some time). Nothing to do with all your good work. It might be situationnal...

The real, real problem in my opinion, is that the market is waaaay too focused on very specific items, which are insanely high end. People are saving for meta eggs and relics, which cost millions and millions. The rich don't care. They can buy and find their eggs and still wear their dono/pw/blaze cloth.

But for the well-off, who would generally invest in tailoring cloth for example, they save all their gold for the new goodies.

Take me. I'm not rich. I'm well off. If I focus on making gold, I can gather it quite easily. I made 1.3 mils yesterday. I spent 1 today. I'm always broke, but when I want to, I have a decent income. Nothing close to the people with 10-20 mils in their bank, a castle or 2, and another 20 mils worth of donation/rares.

If I want a meta pet, unlike these guys, I need to save all my gold. No more PS. No more SS. No more wearables. Shitty ethies (i currently have a llama and a horse). I might even have to sell my house if I really want it (and the house market is broke cause everyone in my situation alos has to sell their house if they want to have access to the new high end stuff).

My point isn't that I should have access to everything easily. The point of playing UO is to work hard to finally achieve end game goals.

My point is that the economy rely on people like me, which are numerous, who are pretty well off in game but not crazy rich, who spend all the gold they make, and who are absolutely not interested in buying player made wearables or PS right now, unless it's taming material.

rotation of cloths..is really needed! with new random hues...from a list

besttherewas

Grandmaster
2% chance to drop new cloth hue on each tier with 1 or 2 yard?

could also do with deco rares from the lbods etc.

low drop rate keeps them valuable and desired (llike a 15 tailor ps or anvil).

Easy fix without being complex and wasting staff time.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
I'd say just a rotation. BOD rewards work normally, but every now and then, they rotate the colors, so for 4-5 months, or whatever, some are impossible to have. Then after next rotation, you might be able to get them again... or not.

Kemi'Kalz

Grandmaster
I didn't read through the entire thread and I'm new here but i do see power scrolls stacked on vendors and rarely selling, i think the ideas from the OP are great,

I would love to see some type of way to disenchant a power scroll into components needed to make other high value items.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
About a year ago, the staff mentionned the possibility of rotating BOD rewards, and adding a small chance of getting a rare item from a LBOD, that are mostly useless atm.

asics

Grandmaster
You remember the gold old days when I was, with many others, buying your tier 5 BODs for 100k? ;)

whenever someone was selling 5 yards of red metallic\fallon\ice white..was a war to arrive first.. and price was never under 100k..

asics

Grandmaster
I didn't read through the entire thread and I'm new here but i do see power scrolls stacked on vendors and rarely selling, i think the ideas from the OP are great,

I would love to see some type of way to disenchant a power scroll into components needed to make other high value items.

tnx

ok guys (devs @Adam @Shane @Carl)

you are making an AWESOME work on the 2015 features.. and a lot of players..like me are more then happy to keep support you with some donations for sure!; i will try my best to show you how much im appreciating all this..

BUUUT

here some issue.. we hav eon the server right now:

- We dont have a MARKET FOR: and its not my idea..almost evevry skilled player that im talking on IRC, skype, in game, or forums think this..so maybe you have BETTER SOLUTION..then my proposal..but pls do something..cause i dont want see this server have this economy so fucked..

Powescrolls with NO MARKET

almost every ps right now is flooded, you are happy JUST if you drop a 120's..if you drop every 105\110 its pure trash.. right now i see 105 taming for 55k in vendors... some 115 is good..but really not worth right now

:solution?

-
Vendor that sink PS and give you points to accede a shop
- Weekly or Monthly Raffle that you use PS instead gold or dono
-Dungeons that Require you too enter some PS , and let you enter
-Recipe for NEW rares that requier some 105-110 PS! (like hued quiver wereable, that require quiver+ cloth+recipe+ps tailor 105\110)

Statue or Easy Rares with no Market

Now if you drop an easy statuette (like a Lich, an Ettin, an Ogre..or other commons) is like to drop a 105 tailor ss..you keep it on your bank..and new player..that are looking to make some gold..dont have nothing good with this..market..so

- vendor that sink statuette\rares give you points to accede a shop
-weekly or monthly raffle
-dungeons area\altar that if you put the exact number of required statuette (SINK them) a miniboss appear
-recipe for new rare decos that require some statuette

BOD CLOTHS..with no market :((((

one year ago..you have to pay ..with difficult to find..150k for 5 yards of tier 5 cloths.. you added some hues..but its no the solution..now if you get some bod cloth..you are just sick..cause amost expensive you can find at 50\60k for 5yards..

what we can do to bring back..them desiderable and tradable?

1) make them not "farmable with multiple tailors" maybe an IP Block?

2) as usual:

- weekly or monthly raffle that give you some PARticular HUE of CLOTh , and for ticket you have to use a RANDOM REQUIRED BOD CLOTHS like example:

you want take 1 ticket the vendor ask you : 5 blood cloth + 5 fallon cloth
then if you fill it, you can ask him another ticket and he will ask you: 5 yellow cloth + 5 fire orange cloth
then when timers out..who win the raffle get like from 2 to 6 yards of a A,B,C,D,E new hues? or New Sandals!

3) make some rare decos with BOD CLOTH:

example= 100 fallon cloth + 10 bear rug + recipe + PS tailor -----> fallon bear rug
example= 100 red metallic +10 tapestry + recipe+ ps tailor---> red metallic tapestry

example=100 mint green+100pillow shipwreck+recpie+ps tailor--> mint green pillow
example= 50 charcoal lcoth + 1 quiver donation item + recipe + ps tailor--> charcoal quiver

4)Make CLOTHING mixup with different hues..

example= 10fallon cloth + 10 red metallic cloth +10 charcoal cloth + recipe + ps tailor = 5 cloth of NEW HUES

Rare Mounts HUED

i understand to keep this kind of mounts on dono coins but what about to put RANDOM in the world..maybe in rdas or someoutside..not in certain spots pets like this:

-Dark White Horse (no taming required)
-Dark Grey Horse (no taming required)
-Orange Ostard
-Pure white Horse (no taming required)
-Ice blue (grey) Horse
-Ice Blue Lama
-Different hue of Desert\Ostard|frenzied

BEETLE WITH PACK WITH DIFFERENT HUE..NOT STRANGE HUE.. maybe a white one..a dark white...a grey..a brown one...some common hues..then some rares hue..charchoal, ice white, ice blue..

this kind of pets instead be stable, can be "ticket" and also steleable.. tamers could find..and make it ticket..by Stabling..

this kind of mount cannot be Bonded IF you dont use A SPECIAL BOND DEED, that cost 2500 or 5000coins
this is..cause

-we get the FUN to find , tame, and market them..without just buy on dono vendors
-who will use..will dono or buy dono from other player, so the server still get our support!

dont forget pls about add some new drops on Hunting :)

this dont want sounds for you as..something that you MUST do..but something that i think a lot of player would appreciate..and donate for something like that.. i hope you appreciate my love for you server..with this kind of suggestion..or helping new players and hold the italian community here ^^ like Little Italy ;) but without spaghetti everywhere!

tnx to everyone that read this all!

i go sleep!

cya!

IlTamatore
1600+ views is this officially a problem yet?.....Poker tables don't seem to be hurting....