IMPORTANT FIX the ECONOMY on UOF

asics

Grandmaster
I completely disagree with the whole using flooded items as sink mechanics because this is just fixing the symptom and not the actual problem. Its actually quite a selfish suggestion because it is benefiting those solely who have horded powerscrolls through over farming. Rich stay richer.

yes, but now for NEW player make a champion is useless..why some NEW player instead go farm for a couple of hours..have to spend time on a champ and get probably a scroll that he will never sell?

We have flooded items markets because of the ease to actually get said items. How many Powerscrolls are we up to handing out for a single champ spawn? The answer is waaay too many. We are an established shard, we do not need to keep just handing out items to build up the player base. Cut down the intake of powerscrolls and the overabundance of them will even themselves out through demand in the market.

redoucing the number of drop is bad cause=

-you can still farm it
-players that have LITTLE time will quit making champs..cause they cant make 20 spawn without get one
-RICH PLAYERS (as you said) with more request of ps, will become more richer cause they have a lot to sell and in your "way" they will be more hard to get

- in my proposal.. yes maybe there is someone that have a LOT , but is still not that harde to get ps for new players too..so the gap its not that hard to get it.

Statues/easy rares -- These probably shouldn't have much value honestly. Are you looking for the staff to find a way to make you more money? If they are easy statues, they are cheap. Just because you have a billion of them, doesn't mean everyone does. Hell, I have never ever received a statue while farming.

me? are you serious? probably you really dont have ANY open mind to have ANY kind of developement..in any work..really..

I DONT get nothing if they mnake this change..but you understand that if a NEW player go farm..or a player go farm..
we get 10 black dye tub... 20 liches statue..red spellbook.. you can dont waste your time going in forum seling...cause NOW no one is going to buy...few months ago..this things have a market ..not now..so you think the system is fair?.[/QUOTE]

BOD Cloths -- Yeah the market does suck here. I think this is almost exclusively due to two things: 1) tier 4 & 5 cloth sBods are super easy to acquire -- why are these not more rare? Good sBODs are super rare for smithy items -- and there is still a huge market paying top dollar for good smithy rewards. 2) The cloth colors should probably be mixxed up from time to time to prevent players from getting bored. Lets face it, UO is full of a ton of Hyper ADHD players that can't keep satisfied by any one item for very long. PIXELS MA SHINY PIXELS!.

so you like this at least ^^

I am just saying instead of trying to introduce a bunch of new mechanics that is only going to continue an already flawed system -- why not fix the actual system instead.

i dont want to say "my idea" are the best..and you have to tell me that i got good ideas..but the main idea, that for solve the problem its to make it ..hard spawn..its wrong man... you have to make things ..that keep players PLAYING ..not that make players, (new players too) quitting...cause the game is boring and tedious..

Rare colored mounts -- Hell yeah. I like the idea of having mounts that non-tamers can actually enjoy. I mean right now we pretty much only have cool colored wolves

so you like this too..

asics

Grandmaster
Powerscrolls were always doomed to fall. Except for good 120s... It's not like champion spawns are not done.... I made a mint thanks to silly players paying a lot for them.

Anyway the new thing for champs is artifacts!! We have done like 30 spawns/harrowers and haven't got one since my initial looted arty.

yes man..im agree with you..but we need some "more" use for PS..or in few months..player will be not interested at all.. in my last 100 ps, i got just 2 120....is not really a good "investiment of time" expecially you have other things too ..to do in real life.. and you cannot spend 5-6 hours on UO everyday... so if we invest time in a champ spawn..and i get a 105\110 tailor\tinker\black\mining\ecc\ecc..i dont wanna feel like a failure... is still a win right?:)

asics

Grandmaster
I would totally get behind just 1 power scroll drop from a champ (and chance of other rares). I always thought 3 was way, way too many from the first time I heard it. This just makes powerscrolls more valuable on the market and gets people champ'ing more to obtain them

LESS PS DROP

- players will get bored, new players dont invest so much time for maybe get a 105 tailor after a champ spawn
- old players get really advanatage on this
- this dont fix the market-... players that already have PS in bank will go richer, other player get really a TROUBLE getting their needed ps

dont forget that we are here to have fun.. this dont have to become a work..

halygon

Grandmaster
LESS PS DROP

- players will get bored, new players dont invest so much time for maybe get a 105 tailor after a champ spawn
- old players get really advanatage on this
- this dont fix the market-... players that already have PS in bank will go richer, other player get really a TROUBLE getting their needed ps

dont forget that we are here to have fun.. this dont have to become a work..
I still disagree with this - As Wendy said, there other reasons than powerscrolls to do champ spawns. People will farm for the rares and items they want to receive regardless of their difficulty.

asics

Grandmaster
I still disagree with this - As Wendy said, there other reasons than powerscrolls to do champ spawns. People will farm for the rares and items they want to receive regardless of their difficulty.

how u can disagree on facts?

if CHAMPS will get LESS DROP, PS in a long future will become rare (and champs less desiderable) so

-old player that have scrolls in bank become RICHER
-new player that have it harder then now..get bored (this you can have your opinion. but if you think it ..a little openminded..i know you are done with your chars..but if you start play today..its not so nice.. a change like this)

we need some reason..to be happy when we drop a 105 carpentry...from a champ...not just FARM FARM FARM, make 100 champs..then MAYBE you get a 120 taming or an Artifact..this have no sense..

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
asics what we mean is there will be OTHER things to get from champs, not just power scrolls. Like you yourself said, artifacts, maybe other rares/deco/wearables being added, etc. That way it won't just be "champs=powerscrolls" in everyone's mind, sure you may get one but it will be broader than that, and there will always be reasons to do champs because you never know what you're going to find. This would make champs more interesting and exciting, it will get more people doing them as everyone is crying there are no new rares, and the drought of NEW powerscrolls will bring OLD ones in people's bank back to market, make them resurface and eventually they will be used by new players.

I did like the idea of sinking powerscrolls somehow, but this concept of expanding champs to be more interesting also gives place to add new items to the game and is a much better idea IMO. Sure a few players will get richer off the bat, with their old PS now suddenly becoming more rare, but this is temporary and also these players deserve it because they did do the champs to begin with.

If anything reduce drop rate from 3 every single time to maybe 1 definite, and CHANCE of 2 more.

asics

Grandmaster
i already get two relic ..so i know :) and im happy with that.. what im saying its that.. players.. not just "old\rich" player, dont have to farm like 50 spawn , to get ONE relic\rares\artifact... cause.. in last year..we make a lot of money farming champs for PS and selling them... now if you are going to make some gold, its better you go farm lichs instead get a PS that probably you will not sell.. at least you are agree on this??

btw IM still making champ spawn..but im not talking for me..its a general talking..and for the health of the server.. just adding arftact\relics to champ.. IMHO its not a solutions..

another solution its to add a LOT of new PS... yes. maybe adding iscription (for some rare hued runebook\spellbok craft?) - bowcraft? (or other skills i dunno)

Edw3rdwood, i really like your explanation.. and we are not little boys..so.. everyone can have his own idea.. i just think that

-3 ps each champ is good,, if you make it less..ppl will get bored to farm champs.. 1 def and maybe the second one is RDA drop that is like 1/10 of the time you need to make a champ spawn , with less ppl involved..

- adding artifact-rares-wereables..is really NICE and we dont have to make it so easy to get...or we will flood this too

but we dont have to FORGET that this is A GAME, and players, OLD or NEW have to get FUN with this..w dont have to go in real life caves..and mine..its a game..we have the real life..for the issue..this dont mean that we have to get .powerup and every item.. im a sostenitor of RARES ..but you cant change a system that work like this..for almost 2 year...because the solution you provide..its not a solution..

its just a slowing death... if a champs will drop just ONE or TWO ps..instead 3.. the market will die slolwly...but still die..cause player (if go champ spawn ) still drop..everyday..a lot of ps..and this dont stop the market flooding.

BUT... if anyone can have a sense, to SINK 20x 105Tailor PS for example... maybe when you do champs..you still be happy of whatever you drop..

so imho in few rows:

- nice idea for relics and artifact\rares\wereables\statues from champs
- keep ps like this but add some sort of sinking ******

@halygon ---> we can do the NEW SINKABLE PS , are different from the OLD ONES...so if you have to get a prize sinking ps..you will get with the nEW drops ps not just with th old! what you think about this man?:)

-make other champ spawn harder! (orc champ? ice champ?)
-remove the faction ps...

halygon

Grandmaster
i...
@halygon ---> we can do the NEW SINKABLE PS , are different from the OLD ONES...so if you have to get a prize sinking ps..you will get with the nEW drops ps not just with th old! what you think about this man?:)
I still stand by all I have said.

In regards to a PS sink. I can ONLY see this feasible in any way if it was a one time, short term (like a week or two) sink that goes away. Meaning the sole purpose of it is to remove large amounts of PS in a short time frame -- not to introduce new rewards long term.

asics

Grandmaster
I still stand by all I have said.

In regards to a PS sink. I can ONLY see this feasible in any way if it was a one time, short term (like a week or two) sink that goes away. Meaning the sole purpose of it is to remove large amounts of PS in a short time frame -- not to introduce new rewards long term.

your points was that this dont work cause of ppl that have tons of ps on bank..if we make just "new" ps avaiable for this..that point is removed..

btw i respect your point of view..im just not agree, best!

halygon

Grandmaster
your points was that this dont work cause of ppl that have tons of ps on bank..if we make just "new" ps avaiable for this..that point is removed..

btw i respect your point of view..im just not agree, best!
That's cool, I respect you being wrong. :D

asics

Grandmaster
That's cool, I respect you being wrong. :D

only a stupid , can thought he have always the truth..;)

this dont mean i think you are a stupid..neither me..but , not me..and not you have the absolute true.. many players..many vision..to kep the server health good its not nice to make what i like..or what you like..but what make more player happy to play and login everyday...

a lot ofplayer used to play a lot of champs..but now they dont..why? if you drop a PS , you get almost nothing. hard to sell, and if you sell sick little money.

a lof of player used to go to kalinga to drop a red book for them or to sell..but now everyone have..if you drop one..you can lock it cause..youcan take other hues spellbook too.. or polar bear mask..ice fiends.. we need
new drops (but staff is already working on it great!!!)

and we need a way..to make ppl happy when they drop a PS :)... if i play like 3 hours a days.. i dont like to waste that time into a couple of champ spawn..that if i work well and im lucky i got two scrolls.. example: 110 mining 115 carpentry.. hard\impossibile to sell..and if you sell..at ridicoulous money.. you understand the point? i undrestood yours..and its not bad at 100%..but you need to think like other kind of players too..

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
I completely disagree with the whole using flooded items as sink mechanics because this is just fixing the symptom and not the actual problem. Its actually quite a selfish suggestion because it is benefiting those solely who have horded powerscrolls through over farming. Rich stay richer.

We have flooded items markets because of the ease to actually get said items. How many Powerscrolls are we up to handing out for a single champ spawn? The answer is waaay too many. We are an established shard, we do not need to keep just handing out items to build up the player base. Cut down the intake of powerscrolls and the overabundance of them will even themselves out through demand in the market.

Statues/easy rares -- These probably shouldn't have much value honestly. Are you looking for the staff to find a way to make you more money? If they are easy statues, they are cheap. Just because you have a billion of them, doesn't mean everyone does. Hell, I have never ever received a statue while farming.

BOD Cloths -- Yeah the market does suck here. I think this is almost exclusively due to two things: 1) tier 4 & 5 cloth sBods are super easy to acquire -- why are these not more rare? Good sBODs are super rare for smithy items -- and there is still a huge market paying top dollar for good smithy rewards. 2) The cloth colors should probably be mixxed up from time to time to prevent players from getting bored. Lets face it, UO is full of a ton of Hyper ADHD players that can't keep satisfied by any one item for very long. PIXELS MA SHINY PIXELS!

I am just saying instead of trying to introduce a bunch of new mechanics that is only going to continue an already flawed system -- why not fix the actual system instead.

Rare colored mounts -- Hell yeah. I like the idea of having mounts that non-tamers can actually enjoy. I mean right now we pretty much only have cool colored wolves.
I love everything thing you had to say except the colored mount...I think of lame ass UOG

wendy whoppers

Grandmaster
Champs are fine don't fix it. People just mad because they feel entitled to being rich for sitting at a spawn for 30 minutes.

Artifacts and relics is why champs are done. The occasion 120 as well. LEAVE IT.

I couldn't give a rats ass if 105 smith is worthless. Means new players can obtain them easily without confronting POWER.

Pikachu

Adept
So make a PowerScroll sink that offers Soulbound items and titles depending on the type and amount of ps you turn in or just make a powerscroll raffle that runs once a month that offers a various 120 so you have a chance at turning your cheap ps into a good one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
Hey, I just want non tamers to have "something" new.
I think you are a very intelligent man,However this mount business is a very slippery slope.as it was with the " the promise from Shane" that we would never have to log on and see the same {GARISH} colors our eyes were accosted by on UOG...well you know where that went . We are slowly closing in on having our eyes subjected to the same outlandish,gaudy & infantile colors that never existed when Richard Garriott ruled the roost. We now have outlandish things like" STROBE Robes" ect.. Now if we go on to colored Mounts then what? I left UOG for many reasons. I had a private Island and countless regs&pots and millions actually I don't know how many rares all because it was disgusting to log on and see the colors of a of a Five years old's imagination running rampant, It had degraded the quality of the game and drew in every 11-15 year old from Grandmas basement all over the world. I just could not play that.... that shit. and now slowly if people are honest with themselves, we are going in the same direction...I still remember Shane's original promise of us never going there.....please lets not make it any worse than fucking Strobe Robes.

Strife

Master
I think you are a very intelligent man,However this mount business is a very slippery slope.as it was with the " the promise from Shane" that we would never have to log on and see the same {GARISH} colors our eyes were accosted by on UOG...well you know where that went . We are slowly closing in on having our eyes subjected to the same outlandish,gaudy & infantile colors that never existed when Richard Garriott ruled the roost. We now have outlandish things like" STROBE Robes" ect.. Now if we go on to colored Mounts then what? I left UOG for many reasons. I had a private Island and countless regs&pots and millions actually I don't know how many rares all because it was disgusting to log on and see the colors of a of a Five years old's imagination running rampant, It had degraded the quality of the game and drew in every 11-15 year old from Grandmas basement all over the world. I just could not play that.... that shit. and now slowly if people are honest with themselves, we are going in the same direction...I still remember Shane's original promise of us never going there.....please lets not make it any worse than fucking Strobe Robes.
But what is UO without some pixel crack?

halygon

Grandmaster
I feel ya, and I don't really get into the colored pixels stuff -- hell almost all my characters wear newbie clothing!

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
But what is UO without some pixel crack?
It is fine to have pixel crack But I think the majority of players are well past grade & Jr High school mentality now...at least I hope so and my point is still I will always hope that we do not fall the way of UOG when is pretty much a done deal...if I wanted that crap I would go back there. this server is supposedly on point with era of that time in UO.

Strife

Master
It is fine to have pixel crack But I think the majority of players are well past grade & Jr High school mentality now...at least I hope so and my point is still I will always hope that we do not fall the way of UOG when is pretty much a done deal...if I wanted that crap I would go back there. this server is supposedly on point with era of that time in UO.
What was UOG like when you left, if you don't mind me asking/?