'Just recall away from reds' is bullshit.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
It doesn't work.
The game automatically attacks back, and then you can't recall.
It's bullshit.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
tbh I've fought pretty hard against the notoriety changes. Just a little bit of common sense is all that was needed to ensure new players would be able to understand the new rules. But it took months to get the word out and still there's no in game indication of what is going on.

''thou hast a murder count and therefore can not recall once attacked or whilst attacking''

is really all it would take.

I guess the biggest problem with the new notoriety rules is that UO:F advertises and brings new players to UO that haven't played before. They can much more easily double click a blue player than they can find the forums, and read every detail. So in essence we're bringing new people to the game and making them hate it.

Since we're the primary active freeshard and advertising the game to new players who haven't played, we really have a responsibility to make the learning curve a bit easier on them, not harder. I'm sure @halygon will agree. He see's these posts once a week for the last 4 months just like everyone else. I hope the staff will cut the new players a little more slack on this or else we won't see new players stay and we wont see good pvpers be born because of this notoriety ''bullshit'' as the OP puts it.

Make UO:F great again.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
So I killed someone who was baiting liches to the bard table today - that's why I couldn't recall?

Yeah an explanation in the 'you're stuck, deal with it' message would be better, you're right.

I'll add, getting jumped would suck a lot less if it didn't eat up one of your chances to beam back to town (e.g. with a forgiveness ring, or whatever else).

wreckognize

Grandmaster
yeah exactly, because people use the new notoriety rules as a grief tool. that's all it is.
anyways man, enjoy the glory of UO:Forever or at least what's left of it.

Make UO:F great again folks, that's all I ever wanted.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Macro off your count, problem solved....

man people are using noto as a grief tool at the flippin bard table. that's a direct grief against new players who don't know about the rule. The problem is that he got griefed by it, you can't take that back now it's already done.

relativity hello??

Wizx13

Grandmaster
man people are using noto as a grief tool at the flippin bard table. that's a direct grief against new players who don't know about the rule. The problem is that he got griefed by it, you can't take that back now it's already done.

relativity hello??
Grief is part of the server. People drag spawn to kill blues all the time its not going away.
If you are going to kill someone and get a count its your fault you cant recall you cant blame noto.
The OP is just going thru a learning process :)

drasked

Grandmaster
Pulling liches to [young] players at the bard table, that is some straight loser shit.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrTodd

Adept
yeah exactly, because people use the new notoriety rules as a grief tool. that's all it is.
anyways man, enjoy the glory of UO:Forever or at least what's left of it.

Make UO:F great again folks, that's all I ever wanted.
Not really, you always have the option to leave.

You will never get an accidental murder count, it's all on you.

And yes, i think we should have the message about why you cant' recall.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
So I killed someone who was baiting liches to the bard table today - that's why I couldn't recall?

Yeah an explanation in the 'you're stuck, deal with it' message would be better, you're right.

I'll add, getting jumped would suck a lot less if it didn't eat up one of your chances to beam back to town (e.g. with a forgiveness ring, or whatever else).

For the lich baiter you could have:

1. Left
2. Brought a red char to kill him
3. Add liches to your macro
4. Call friends to kill him
5. Kill him with your blue

You chose 5, and have figured out the consequences. Macro off the count and you're golden. Next time don't blue pk.

If you're getting stuck after death you need a second account Mage to gate you out. Almost everyone has this.

halygon

Grandmaster
Just wish they'd tell us when they changed shit [emoji23] but at least they change shit :)
Here you go:

I spoke with Eppy and he has put in a message for the next reboot that is clearer for when you are attacked and cannot recall due to a murder count.

Dig'em

Grandmaster
Here you go:

I spoke with Eppy and he has put in a message for the next reboot that is clearer for when you are attacked and cannot recall due to a murder count.
Not really this specifically, this is an ongoing thing with most changes made in game. But thanks :) there's a patch notes page in the forums idk why the don't just toss a quick update post when they do sumthin

wreckognize

Grandmaster
rofl

appreciate the effort. still doesn't solve the ultimate problem that kids are still gonna die over this non UO:R era custom mechanic that never belonged, which is now proven to be used as a grief tool.

People used to just come PK at the bard table, PKs could be seen running down the hall and some people could get away with all their training equipment if they weren't afk.

Now people will try to bother you and poke you so that you take a murder count, so they can just come cream you on their red and you can't get away with the loot, making you unable to macro there for 24 hours.

don't believe me that people are using this method to grief? For whatever reason I mean cmon it's right in front of you.. Here is a PM i recieved randomly from someone I'm not sure I've even met regarding the Notoriety changes when they happened and before I even read about them happening:

(imgur is down so I'm copy pasting, since GMs can read my inbox anyways they can verify if they want to that way for all I care)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject:
HANES?
Pandone, Sep 27, 2015 Report

Pandone: you still around lamering? i had an idea after the new notority

Me:
hiya, yeah im around ^^
notoriety? what do u mean?

Pandone: they make you have to stay in combat vs an aggressor IF you got a murder count right?
i think it's super grief friendly evn also for solo player. 1 or a group of stealther with a way to communicate could make huge problems.
i could let ppl who are doing a champ to attack my stealther (fake thief) walking around give them murders come back with some ppl and create troubles for example

Me:hmm can u link info on this? I must have missed it

Me again: lol ya, so like uoforever. I seen the post. yes you're exactly right, it's nothing more than a tool for griefers. :)

Pandone: I lack ppl go do everything cause chinese allied half server lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, you can see from this that people have been abusing this on uoforever for years before it even got implemented here. It's just a shitty mechanic that no thought was put into before adding and that's why it's been such a problem, and will continue to be such a problem until it's fixed.

You guys can put in a message to change it in like 2 mins, you can totally revert it in 5 mins, you can think of something better and put that in in another 5 mins, but by god you can waste months of players time just getting it to a tolerable level of functionality. Didn't used to be this hard to get staff to raise the bar above uoforever, what happened?