Meta Pet broken mechanics

Bromista

Grandmaster
Gotcha.

Because I did quote you...and I really didn't touch that topic at all haha. Saw the quote you were referring to now I honestly skimmed right past it because it was nonsense.

Bromista

Grandmaster
it's damage... there is no way to "cap magery". Learn UO and RunUO my friend :) It's not as if the pets skills actually change, but rather the DMG is capped to where it would be with 100 magery... pre-patch those things would hand out 70-80 dmg flamestrikes from what I remember.
Well either way the result is the same :p

You guys remember Ronins pre-patch chromatic? Hands down stronger than any meta pet. That thing was a death machine, I watched him do stupid things to people fighting outnumbered. 50+ dmg flame breath + 120-140 skills and uncapped damage omg.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Well either way the result is the same :p

You guys remember Ronins pre-patch chromatic? Hands down stronger than any meta pet. That thing was a death machine, I watched him do stupid things to people fighting outnumbered. 50+ dmg flame breath + 120-140 skills and uncapped damage omg.

yea I remember that.. I think he statted 3 of my chars before I vanquished him with my PVP taymer.

back on topic: Metas are gay. period. Custom content is always gay (dxxer relics are super gay, but I don't wanna get into detail here). Unfortunately they decided to add them (despite Shane stating numerous times at server start that he wouldnt.. Defiance had them aswell and they also turned out to be a problem over there) - I doubt that they are going to hurt them. The thing with these things is also that inferior players adapt to their OP helperz and would literally cry a river if there would be anything done to them (happend when Adam once changed pet speed)

Swayze

Grandmaster
yea I remember that.. I think he statted 3 of my chars before I vanquished him with my PVP taymer.

back on topic: Metas are gay. period. Custom content is always gay (dxxer relics are super gay, but I don't wanna get into detail here). Unfortunately they decided to add them (despite Shane stating numerous times at server start that he wouldnt.. Defiance had them aswell and they also turned out to be a problem over there) - I doubt that they are going to hurt them. The thing with these things is also that inferior players adapt to their OP helperz and would literally cry a river if there would be anything done to them (happend when Adam once changed pet speed)

Another UO expert here. "Don't change and adapt this game - keep it how it was in 1997". Come on man, games need to evolve and new content needs to be added. You should maybe play diablo 1 if you dont want things to change.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Another UO expert here. "Don't change and adapt this game - keep it how it was in 1997". Come on man, games need to evolve and new content needs to be added. You should maybe play diablo 1 if you dont want things to change.

new content - yes. But not for the sake of balance.

MrTodd

Adept
Yeah, meta pets are insanely strong, today i died to a multiclient pker on archdemon.

All you gotta do is run a macro on uosteam on your tamer, so ir calls back the pet on certain events and such, and keep on your pker killing everyone.. or just put a pker on the gate at a RDA with a similar macro that do "all kill" on every players that goes thru the gate that isn't a friend/guildie, so you can run the champ/rda with your blue account.. so yeah.. things need to change...

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yes and no. Everyone cried from pet speed change not just people who fight with pets, and there are more people that don't fight with pets than those that do.

Also part of the problem there was that change was very poorly implemented so of course the non-pvp contingent was up in arms about a changed aimed at others that had a pretty substantial impact on everyone.

But by the same token people who kill tamers can say the same thing. And the meta dexer talisman giving PKs an advantage in dungeon PvP is another unintended but inevitable side effect of custom content (like QS changing dragon stats)

Keeping PvM in PvM and PvP in PvP is good, but think about it this way...if the PvPers weren't killing noobie bards and tamers there wouldn't be half as much complaint. I mean you guys put yourselves in this position. No one is bringing metas out just to fight, are they?

Again, besides $ because what they do is not considered fighting, it's just chicken shit. And they would do it with or without metas. And they only do Tram shit anyway. So fuck 'um.

Swayze

Grandmaster
new content - yes. But not for the sake of balance.

That's fair but are meta pets really a problem in pvp? I would say 5% of pvpers use a meta pet. Most just use a nightmare 95% of them dont use pets at all.

The only thing I can see meta pets being useful in pvp is RDAs.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah, meta pets are insanely strong, today i died to a multiclient pker on archdemon.

All you gotta do is run a macro on uosteam on your tamer, so ir calls back the pet on certain events and such, and keep on your pker killing everyone.. or just put a pker on the gate at a RDA with a similar macro that do "all kill" on every players that goes thru the gate that isn't a friend/guildie, so you can run the champ/rda with your blue account.. so yeah.. things need to change...
Now that is a different issue altogether. That is multi-client PvP (fielding and macroing on tamers while playing alts) and is a jailable offense.

Should be bannable for repeat offenders. Barracoon is the worst about this.

Poor kid, it's all he's got so I guess staff doesn't wanna take his crutch away from him.

MrTodd

Adept
I think that this will never be changed, since tamers need the crystal charges and it can be only bought by dono coins if i'm not mistaken, so.. yeah, they need to keep "them monies comeing"...

Oh, and what happened with discordance skill? i heard it got nerfed because ppl where using it against tamers and the QQ was damn high!

Bromista

Grandmaster
from my understanding multi client pvp is allowed because I have never seen this get enforced once.
After lengthy discussion it was stated that it was O.k. to, for example, all kill on one char and tab over to attack on another. No looping or automation allowed. Looping casting, targeting, commands, any of that is jailable.

What $ does when they don't have the numbers is almost never legal, quite frankly. When they have the numbers they play "clean" but when they have a skeleton crew they play dirty to try to make up for the numbers advantage.

They still go down pretty easy on their first or second tamers, but after enough pets they tend to wear you down...

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster
Thank you for not answering my post. How would they have 140 magery when they cap out at gm?? GM means 100 in case you didn't know, not 120-140. In a pvp situation, it would be 100, not 120-140. Do you understand now? It is not damage that is capped - its skill. Skill as in Magery.

the damage caps out at gm magery, they still have 140 magery + higher int than a dragon, they will cast a higher level spell(flamestrike) over an eb or explo + they insta fireball with it. tell me more how they are like regular dragons..

it's damage... there is no way to "cap magery". Learn UO and RunUO my friend :) It's not as if the pets skills actually change, but rather the DMG is capped to where it would be with 100 magery... pre-patch those things would hand out 70-80 dmg flamestrikes from what I remember.

the skill thang is also one of the reasons why I would run with Kirins on dat other server I used to play - they had like 120 magery and every second spell would be a flamestrike.

this guy gets it ^

Bromista

Grandmaster
the damage caps out at gm magery, they still have 140 magery + higher int than a dragon, they will cast a higher level spell(flamestrike) over an eb or explo + they insta fireball with it. tell me more how they are like regular dragons..
Bruh 90 magery is enough to FS. They cast higher spells no more often than regular pets.

No joke. Dead srs. Anything over the min req will cast higher circle spells just as much as anything at cap.

Swayze

Grandmaster
Bruh 90 magery is enough to FS. They cast higher spells no more often than regular pets.

No joke. Dead srs. Anything over the min req will cast higher circle spells just as much as anything at cap.

this guy gets it ^

goldteefSON

Master
lmao the crying is very skrong here. THE REAL PROBLEM WITH SLAYER WEAPS ISSSSSSSSSSSSS.....
$ will use them vs you and your pets and the tears will never end. Do you guys not recall when relics worked vs pets?
Famara and Coon would literally sync dump OTHER kids metas in like... 1.5 dumps? OH LORD, the tears came in tsunamis!!!! This was QUICKLY fixed once OUR strong metas came up in the world.....................
Why dont u guys just make a post and say "nerf whatever money does because they are winning AND I DO NOT LIKE IT!!!!!"....
Thats what this is really all about. Im sorry if your paper game is hella weak and you cant afford a meta pet, or ur just not committed enough to the game to work at getting your hands on such a high valued pokemon.... Or maybe you just dont want to work a tamer... That is fine, but because you aren't happy with how YOU play the game... dont be upset @ how we play.

Ive never liked @Bromista in my life but he has a very valid point. Even if you nerf metas and even if you COMPLETELY removed them from the game. We would STILL figure a way to remain on top, we are winners, thats what we do. You guys need to step your game up and stop making rage posts about fixing anything we either, Do well..... or have in abundance. Quite pathetic

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
Just my quick two cents. From my LIMITED perspective so far at events and dungeons. Tamer's got the OP shit and so as many people do when they have opportunity to exploit, they DO IT. Pretty much every single tamer I have seen out fighting monsters will kill steal monsters from you. Which to me is a super dick move, but its uo right. As annoying as this is, it DID feel good to loot the shit out of a player that died and snag t their invulnerability armor set after their GUILDIE was being a prick stealing every good kill at cauldron even he could. And then just up and recalls fighting daemons (dragons probablay dying) and leaves his guildie behind. At that point i said fuck it, you are judged by the company you keep and your homey just left you high and dry. LIke im about to do. Always feels great to just dish your own in game justice. ;)

Just a regular player, I would have just let them be. But assholes need a dick to come show em love sometimes right?

Bromista

Grandmaster
Famara I don't puport to be anything more than an average PvPer. I don't care. I'll eat most anyone's lunch in a 7x because I have max gear but I'll lose a 5x to anyone.

$ no better than I in that regard.

By the some token I'm not going to spam "all kill" on you and call it PvP because I'm an adult.

$ can't say the same thing.

I win. Take notes.