Meta Pet Stage Lvl 7

Strife

Master
Considering you've raised this pet from and egg, spent hundreds of hours together bonding… @ 120/120 should the control rate should be no less than %100.
I agree with you fully, but I am asking for the minimum hoping well get some traction on the issue.

steve-o

Grandmaster
at 110 the meta lvl 6 will listen 60% of the time... 115 is a must have

gold relic for control is a great idea, you can really use it! atm the gold relic is useless!

TriXa

Grandmaster
yea me all the time with 120 / 120 thats why i have started that Thread. and yea Gold relic needs maybe a bit Tweak but it should not goes in the Control Section. 120 / 120 is the Highest and that should control your Pet to 99%

tankian

Grandmaster
yea me all the time with 120 / 120 thats why i have started that Thread. and yea Gold relic needs maybe a bit Tweak but it should not goes in the Control Section. 120 / 120 is the Highest and that should control your Pet to 99%
i agree, there a reason to have 120/120 and with the time and money dumped into our pets we should have more control over them

S

Shane

Well, the reason they don't listen super well is because they are end game pets.
We plan, in the new expansion to start releasing more powerscrolls that will take your taming up to 140 thus making them listen better.

This is to give tamer vets a longer striving goal, as well as it will be the ONLY way to be able to control and obtain some of the many new tameables to come into play here.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Well, the reason they don't listen super well is because they are end game pets.
We plan, in the new expansion to start releasing more powerscrolls that will take your taming up to 140 thus making them listen better.

This is to give tamer vets a longer striving goal, as well as it will be the ONLY way to be able to control and obtain some of the many new tameables to come into play here.

I'm all in for most of your ideas but this one is a no go for me.... I quit WOW because you had to continually upgrade.

What I love about UO is once you were done grinding your skills you’re done…

exince

Grandmaster

140 ps? rlly? wow.. good to know.. time to quit..
it feels like wow.. a hard reset.. i'm not into it.. it's just cheap..

Wrexx

Grandmaster
A higher skill cap is a terrible idea, if meta pets are only gonna listen 70% of the time so be it. More than 120 taming is changing some fundamental parts of the game that shouldn't be messed with. The meta system you have implemented here is honestly, fucking amazing. You have laid ground work to now expand into 2 control slot meta Pets. However, none of these new pets should require anymore tamino than is currently available. You can always implement a new type of gate system like controlling these new pets requires special food to be cooked or items farmed.

exince

Grandmaster
rlly shane.. you can't be serious.. you're just telling me "after wasting about 23 mil on your pet and spending hundreds of hours of your lifetime leveling it, it doesn't listen.. we know that.. so we're introducing something new.. 140 taming ps.. so you can spend again hundreds of hours of your life, to farm the money to get something that should be in already. a endgame pet listening to an endgame build"

Bromista

Grandmaster
I think that was a troll, lol.

Could be wrong, I dunno.

I just wanna focus on what I have right now. I have some major shifts in pets and the ways I use them lately and my stables have been out of control.

Speaking of which, with all of these crazy pets that keep coming out stable room has been awfully tight at times... @Shane can we get a gold sink stable slot token please? Better yet make it platinum. Every vendor has utility items (bonus char slots, house storage increase, vendor increase, trapped pouch, ethies) but the platinum vendor is kind of lacking in that department. Plat vendor hasn't had a refresh in a while and there's a lot of it out there with all of the chests that dropped recently.

Let us buy pet slots up to a max of say 16 or so. That would really do wonders for a lot of us tamers who have going through an identity crisis with our pets lately.

Babethoven

Grandmaster

but its a fucking ancient wyrms, a tameable ancient wyrm basically..............

i wreck and still to this day run the same strategy i do when death beetles didnt listen for shit, 1-2 command spam its loyalty drops 3 spots.... no sir

its not hard to all guard me and double click what you want to attack, if you cant defend yourself properly by just doing that... idk what to say ;\

Wrexx

Grandmaster
I'm with babe on this one, we managed the death beetles for months with poor control issues. We can live with what we got now, just no more power scroll carrot chasing.

Bromista

Grandmaster
No more scroll chasing, I agree.

But the difference here is for anyone who had a beetle suffered through it... changes were made, and all was well in the end.

I do feel like a tweak could be made. I'm only stage six myself and at this point I'm not in any rush to get to stage seven because I have seen how stubborn stage sevens can be.

Ugh please tell me this is a troll... i finished my last exam yesterday and planned on coming back to try out the new features and meta pets.

Surely there are other ways to introduce new tameables and control conditions without increasing skill caps. The hardest part about getting the tameables shouldn't be obtaining 20mill gold then its yours. Why not introduce an achievement style line of tasks that once completed you'll be able to tame the creature, once you have tamed it you get 100% control.