Need a suggestion on deaths

Edere

Neophyte
Hi

I 'm a new player doing provo/archer
almost GM healing and provo, GM all other skills
I'm a bit frustrated about this game and I uninstalled it today, but before stop I'd like to understand what I do wrong

basically my game till now was:

Farm ettins and ogres outside Britain
buy cool stuff
die in dungeons cause of PKs or mobs, 0% possibility to ress, lose everything

same again

its ok to die but my question is:
how the hell do you ress in dungeons? naked with 10HP there's no way to reach the corpse with all respawns and no items to heal, provo or fight... and the mobs who killed you on the corpse... it's literally impossible.
I'm frustrated cause I lost like 20 times 20k equip, if the game is this where's the fun?

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
Join a guild and get guild mates to help or train up a toon that can stealth. Party up ur toons first so if ur dexxer/Mage dies then the stealth toon can loot ur body. Or if ur toon is a stealth archer or Mage then you should not have problem to loot ur own body while hiding

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edere

Neophyte
so the only way to loot corpse is another PG doing it?

it's no sense, there should be a way to do by yourself without 100 skill point in stealth only for loot corpse

Easy Cheese

Grandmaster
so the only way to loot corpse is another PG doing it?

it's no sense, there should be a way to do by yourself without 100 skill point in stealth only for loot corpse
That's the beauty of UO. Risk/Reward.

You should invest in a Forever Ring. Then at least you get a ride to the healers with "I seek forgiveness" every 24hrs.

As stated earlier, find a group to farm with.

Edere

Neophyte
ye I have it ALWAYS in cd... its good but it do not solve the problem

I'm saying that its fine to die in UO, the risk is fine and funny... but there should be a chance to recover corpse without another PG helping you (clearing the dungeon or looting the corpse or ressing you)

I cannot socialize that much cause I play in italian time and for short sessions... I feel like the game is not that enjoyable that way

Edere

Neophyte
ye maybe I can save myself sometimes from PK but the problem is not to die, I repeat...

the problem is to not reach my corpse anytime... not a single time in any dungeon for any type of death... I think is not fair for a game... gimme something to try to reach my corpse... thats what I find strange in this game, and I really cannot figure out how is that possible.

Otherwise the corpse system is useless in dungeons... just wipe out my equip and port me to britain everytime I die, so I spare myself 20m of frustrating chain deaths trying to reach my corpse...

Last edited by a moderator:

thestand

Grandmaster
the reality of losing young status :(
You can have another char with magery and runebooks so you can gate yourself out after dieing then gate yourself back in and use your magery char to hide the other one at your body.
Sometimes if it's heavy spawn I use magery char and run over my corpse with mark spell pre casted and mark rune on top of corpse then I can gate the char that died back in hidden to loot.

either way it's tough but it should only get easier as you make more chars and get better at not dieing finding safer spots to farm

most of the time it's not worth going back to your body. Bank your gold more often maybe.

Do you have healing on your achery provo? With healing you should be able to just run non stop from pks while chugging heal pots/cures

Edere

Neophyte
ye have healing but its too easy to die against PK when you have a PVE build in a closed dungeon, and if you fail provocation on 2 big mobs they can literally instakill you without top equip and 0 res spell.

Xiulan

Master
Edere, I definitely get where you're coming from. There's been so much talk about people quitting because of PKs, but I don't think that's the real problem -- the problem is how difficult it is to recover from dying (whether to PKs or mobs) when you're new and have limited resources and don't know all the tricks that veteran players know. It can start to feel like a boring and pointless uphill battle.

Here's a trick I learned recently that might help you. When you create a new character, it comes with a few starter items such as a dagger, bandages etc. Some of those items have blessed properties, meaning they stay in your pack when you die (as long as they're not inside bags, I think, or stacked with non-newbie items).

So what you could do is create a new character that has musicianship among its skills, and give its newbie bandages and musical instrument to your provo archer.

Then when you res in a dungeon, you'll at least have a way to heal and a way to provo the mobs around you so you can try to get back to your corpse. After a week, you can delete that new character and free up its slot for another new one. I'm not sure if this would work with the newbie bow, since they're not very strong and you'd need arrows... although sometimes you can scavenge those off the ground.

Xiulan

Master
Overall though I'd say try not to go into dungeons alone with stuff you can't afford to lose, because there's a good chance you won't get it back and sometimes it's not even worth it to try.

lummox

Master
Honestly, this is a community game and community creates synergy for great experiences. Yea, you can multi client some getaway antics, but in the end, especially when you are new, this game will be a bore without plugging in. Being in a guild is by no way a burden even if you are doing short sessions. When I was solo and died, I just guild msged everyone and a veteran player would come help Rez me with a tamer and I get my stuff back.

lummox

Master
Check out the Italian community. People Are usually up for short adventures. I found out there are a couple of peeps that live down the road from me. Not sure what that will lead to but you will always be surprised.

StegcO

Grandmaster
Obvoisly this is the best MMORPG ever so we assume it' better to play with friends.

But in some situation, for example Farming (excpet for Warden but now is removed) you need to do it in solo, even if friend can ress you an ALT char is still the better solution.

Edere

Neophyte
I think the point is that bringing a party, playing an alternate, dont do dungeons if you cannot afford to lose everything, are not that manageable solutions... seems like some intricate time losing solutions to a simple problem... farm again all the stuff would be more time saving

is there a way to bless items? like an istrument, a weapon... something to have a little chance?

Josh D

Grandmaster
I think the point is that bringing a party, playing an alternate, dont do dungeons if you cannot afford to lose everything, are not that manageable solutions... seems like some intricate time losing solutions to a simple problem... farm again all the stuff would be more time saving

is there a way to bless items? like an istrument, a weapon... something to have a little chance?

Yes, newbie instruments are blessed, but they will break with enough use. The point people here are trying to help you with is that we all face the same issues of pks or dieing in a spot that you cannot get to by resurrecting outside the dungeon and running back to. You have two options to recover your remains (or what is left of them).

1. Join a guild that is active. EQMS recruits new players all the time and has Italians, but there are other guilds out there with Italians as well. So you do have the option of finding players with similar times online. There are several guild out there, there is a forum section about guild recruiting at the bottom of the forums page.

2. (recommended with or without option #1) Have another account logged in at all times with a mage character that has several runes marked in the places you farm. If you die, this character can gate you out, resurrect you, heal you, and gate you back in to that spot.

Important: if you are farming MOTM there will ALWAYS be pks, if you don't like being pk'd a bunch, then don't farm there. This is an AWESOME game of risk and reward. But NEVER venture out with anything you are not willing to lose, shit happens, disconnects, and pks. This is a sandbox game and you can play a TON of different styles, but there will always be ups and downs.

Dirt McGirt

Journeyman
If your account was made recently you should start up every new character with a [young] status. This will give you a pet wisp that follows you around until your young status wears off. The wisp can cast heal on you to full health, teleport you to brittain, and resurrect you. When it resurrects you, your loot re-appears in your backpack. So if you want to keep your shit, start a new character and keep your new status. Go fight or train or whatever and try and get your skills up while you are still young. Also, with young status, I don't think players can attack you at all and you cannot be poisoned.

So yeah, train your skills as high as you can while you are still young. Make sure you eat and drink water and fight in dungeons for the most skill gain bonus's. Go to an npc mage and buy as much magery as you can, so you can recall places. You want to gain as much skill and gold while you are still in young player mode. Then when that wears off you will be more prepared to deal with deaths. Also make a second account with a mage that can gate you out if you are really stuck somewhere. Get some mark scrolls and mark your favorite hunting spots and just recall in and out to them to farm. Don't stick around too long in any one place, or the pks will find you. Find a rune library and look for alternate spawns you can hunt. Pks mainly look for players around the most popular ones.

I understand you most likely don't want to have wasted the time you've spend on your first character. That is a part of the game too though. Most peoples first characters are patch work throwaways, unless they know the game well. Just consider it a learning experience.

@Edere