Need surviving advice!

Ledz Epplin

Master
Eve's will only attack other players if they attack you or if they loot your kill I'm pretty sure. I've never seen one attack a blue standing around.

My personal preference is eval.

Reflect spell is going to give you a moment to get your recall off if it's a caster in pvp and in pvm it will reflect back the first spell casted at you to give you time for a provo if you are having troubles.

To me resist is really on needed if you're going hard in to pvp, but being that provo/mage is a pvm class, it's a waste.

Take the eval for some extra bang on your offensive spells.

hubcap

Grandmaster
I cant tell you how many time resist has saved my arse. And Im not an ardent PvPer.

I dont know if it was mentioned, but, adjusting your screen size to the max you can, is definitely helpful.
Somewhere in Razor you can adjust the X/Y size of your game screen. Max this.

For me, I rarely fail at 115 provo, but, many tout 120s benefits......

Ludwig

Grandmaster
Thanks @Ledz Epplin , great to know...working like crazy on my new char now, now I just need to find 105/110/115 provo ps somewhere
Looking forward to try this out.

Honestly, if money is an issue for you, don't worry about getting Provocation past GM. I have 100 Music/Provo on two characters and there are very, very few monsters I am unable to provo. Greater blood elementals, shadow balrons, etc. drop 1800-2500 gold a pop and are easily manageable with GM music skills.

As far as surviving, be ready to press that one button Recall macro which should be automatically targetting a runebook set to a default safe location. You will evade 95% of pks by stepping away fron whatever monster you're fighting (if it's hitting you) and hammering that Recall macro key.

My favorite pve character is 100 magery/med/eval/hiding/provo/music/fishing. I almost never fish with him. That would be a good filler for stealth if you want to stealth. He also almost never dies to pks. Hide and/or recall.

The End

Master
Fight in the dungeons with different levels like deciet run up the stairs hide then go back down the stairs you will stay hidden walking one tile through a cross over point like stairs to a diff level entrances to a dungeon. The reds chase you go up a level hide back down then recall out. Running marathons keeps you alive specially if you had healing just so you could heal on the run. Almost impossible to kill someone if they are running wide open with healing.

Get 0 counts on your character, use spell protection, record a macro recalling to home or bank, set to hotkey. You're pk proof. First sight hit that button, use strategic positions in dungeons, stay on other sides of walls or corners to protect your self from being targeted instantly by spells. and keep entries to your view and you will strive!

- a magical man

Wildboar

Master
Go to Macro in Razor
Click new and type in AinstantRecall---this will put it first on list of macros-----hit record

Just recall using recall Icon --your macro is complete---set your book to bank or home--then go into hot keys and set key for the macro--I use the tilda key top left next to 1 for instant recall .I use 1 for cure (can't recall if u are poisoned which u won't be if u cast reflect on ur self) your index finger is on W which i use for prov or all kill if on tamer.

Click reflection and absolute target and target your book each day when you are preparing to go hunt { do this first thing ever day} make it a habit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IMPORTANT! Not doing this has caused me more dieing than anything else!!! Never leave home without it!! Take 3 or four of each pot, heal, cure, refresh, strength for over loads, 30 of each reg double or add extra mandrake root. Cover your regs that you put in a small box with a new player ticket or a nubie lute, drum, sewing kit works great. Have one or 2 trap boxes { if u use a little brown trap box for regs they will leave it thinking it was a used trap about 75% of the time my regs are still there, sometimes I put a green bag with a few regs in it just to mess them up. 95% % of the time if I try fighting them I loose, I try to stay around corners or behind a tall rock, in hallways where I can see incoming names over them. First lvl Despise is a horrible place for reds, Shame earths is pretty newbie place for reds although some are experienced, hall along back of bloods is pretty isolated. Recall regs are cheap do this often. keep ur left hand close to key board and stay alert. Some days I can play for hours and never die, some days are sunshine and others are rainy. lol GLuck. I have Say: "all follow me" typed in above my recall macro, u could Say: Kiss This or Good Bye.

There has been a lot of great advice above, just remember they have the advantage in numbers and surprise and experience, if you want to scout or get back to your body you can run with precast recall and just by pushing tilda you are at the bank. Absolutely instant. U can use this to lead stuff away from you corpes or run through a bunch of reds, lol and have a key set to catch me if you can as you flash by and insta.

Always have and emergency bag in the bank with regs a heal and cure in it. Over loading potions for a PvM character is just a waste.
MAIN THING IS BANK OFTEN, RETURN TO DIFF SPOT!!

Wildboar

Master
"O" sometimes I have another character on a second account logged on to cast a gate from my house to the nearest spot were I might die.