New Server

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
The hardware is better than the last server, and my ping is fine too, but for some reason we all get these weird 1 second stops as seen in the gif above.

Just a shitty network is my guess. If it wasn't for that this host would be prime.

Kilike

Grandmaster
The hardware is better than the last server, and my ping is fine too, but for some reason we all get these weird 1 second stops as seen in the gif above.

Just a shitty network is my guess. If it wasn't for that this host would be prime.
Try your ping while moving and tell me it's "fine" still. Standing still my avg ping is 78-120. Moving that ping goes up to 460-710 avg.

Creation

Apprentice
not to be rude but this new server is terrible sitting still i get 150 ping as soon as i move or start to farm my ping is 400 to 700 and the 40 second saves are fun as well.. is this going to be the new server or is this a temp server or is this server under attack?
anyone else getting bad lag?
This server change was horrible. I can barely move.

Mindfall

Expert
Why don't you just spend some money on a decent server? I hate to mention the word uoforever - but their server is fast as fuck and always has been :D

n8m8

Journeyman

It's not lag. My ping is just fine but I keep "rubber banding" when I run. It feels exactly the same as the anti speed hack thing... Did @Adam check it? I believe he has already fixed this issue once before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilike

Grandmaster
It's not lag exactly. My ping is just fine but I keep "rubber banding" when I run. The same thing happens when you do speed hack or run too fast. Did @Adam check it? I believe he has already fixed this problem once before.
Check your ping when you run. It goes up drastically.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Why don't you just spend some money on a decent server? I hate to mention the word uoforever - but their server is fast as fuck and always has been :D

We've spent tens of thousands finding a good server.
It's not about money always, and there are a serious amount of weird reseller type hosts.

AS you all can see simply "pinging " well to a server does not mean it will run smoothly.
One of the cheapest servers (the previous one we were at, and still have) is actually one of the best we've ever been at.

It's really easy to just say spend the money, but we really have, and we are consistently let down.

As for UOG i believe they have a custom set up from Ryan there.
I can maybe get a hold of him and see what he does.
We will look into it all though, we obviously aren't going to be staying at this one though.

That might be a good idea and hopefully he will coroperate enough so you and your team can create your own. That would be amazing and probably save you quite a bit more money. Maybe get the right people to help you as well. Good luck Shane.

Mindfall

Expert
It's not about money always, and there are a serious amount of weird reseller type hosts.

AS you all can see simply "pinging " well to a server does not mean it will run smoothly.
One of the cheapest servers (the previous one we were at, and still have) is actually one of the best we've ever been at.

It's really easy to just say spend the money, but we really have, and we are consistently let down.

We will look into it all though, we obviously aren't going to be staying at this one though.

Talking to Ryan is an awesome idea, will he be willing to help? That might be another story.. If UOF ran as fast as UOG my life UO life would be complete - especially playing from Australia.. Every tile counts. Though its a real shame these dodgy hosts keep letting us down. The fact we get DDoSed consistently doesn't help either.

Let us know if Ryan comes through :)

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster

Sounds good, thanks for trying to get it someone decent. Sucks that have to deal with this shit. Gonna try to be patient.

I have been working a tamer lately and all the constant crashing and occasional revert has really hurt my efforts. I know others have had the same issues and know theres not much you can do. I did hear someone say before about an increased skill gain week or weekend.. Is this a possibility? I think we all appreciate a good handout, but an event that encourages activity might be a good idea as well.

We just tried group pvping and it was insane...was like back in the day, everyone barely able to move hehe was kinda fun for a second.

SidX

Grandmaster
As for UOG i believe they have a custom set up from Ryan there. I can maybe get a hold of him and see what he does. We will look into it all though, we obviously aren't going to be staying at this one though.

I think UOG uses HostVenom. Their IP comes back to HostVenom.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
Sorry but this new server is UNPLAYABLE, lagging like a hell, ping spike and never under 300ms :(

Think they are aware, and are working on it: "We will look into it all though, we obviously aren't going to be staying at this one though." implies they are doing everything they can to make this better.

Lailoken

Journeyman
Well this is a bummer. Sometimes I can get by but it seems very inconsistent. I was playing early and it was laggy but workable in PvM. Took a break came back and there is no way I can PvM at the moment. Barley survived a small mob.

I do hope you are able to find a solution soon guy's. Because if all I can do is mine even slower.....I'm sure the crazy that surrounds me now will start landing....at that is bad. :eek::D

Anyway, good luck.
I suppose now I have no excuse not to do the crafting I have been meaning to do for.....oh...I don't know a year! :D