Old Great Lakes Memories and Players on OSI

SidX

Grandmaster
One more memory for the books:

Selling Age of Shadows upgrade / Hooded Shroud codes written in UO books for 2mil a pop.. scammers had a field day and gold was selling at $20/mil on eBay.

halygon

Grandmaster
One more memory for the books:

Selling Age of Shadows upgrade / Hooded Shroud codes written in UO books for 2mil a pop.. scammers had a field day and gold was selling at $20/mil on eBay.
Yeah, griefing/scamming has been a part of UO from the beginning - with so much freedom comes much responsibility.

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
A true challenge of character requires the freedom to do either good or evil. And wisdom is judged by which you choose..

halygon

Grandmaster
So I'm curious, does anyone have their own screenshots of this era? Looking at old screenshots is cool because you never know if you or someone you knew is gonna be on one.

Bobaganoosh

Master
I have a external HD that has tons of old UO stuff. I just don't even know it the HD still works. (Talking 15 years ago) I had tons of pics from the OSI sponsored 2v2 tourney that my partner and I placed 2nd on GL. We were rewarded with "Master Duelist" Title. Still have the toon, Arminius the Master Duelist! 1st place got Legendary Duelist title. Don't rem who got first on GL.

SidX

Grandmaster
I have a external HD that has tons of old UO stuff. I just don't even know it the HD still works. (Talking 15 years ago) I had tons of pics from the OSI sponsored 2v2 tourney that my partner and I placed 2nd on GL. We were rewarded with "Master Duelist" Title. Still have the toon, Arminius the Master Duelist! 1st place got Legendary Duelist title. Don't rem who got first on GL.
If the hard drive doesn't power up you can stll get the data from it. If it's worth retrieving you can use a BlacX enclosure (can find these at Best Buy, sometimes Staples, or anywhere online). Just remove the actual hard drive from the housing of your external HDD, insert it into the BlacX enclosure connected to your computer, and see if you can access the files.

If nothing shows there are ways to still get the data. If you get this far and actually want to get the data let me know. Kind of a longshot but we'd all love to see the pics :)

Unfortunately I didn't take too many when I played but I will have to go bootup my old ass laptop to see.

halygon

Grandmaster
Would be awesome to see some of those old pvp Screen shots. There just aren't a lot of them out there because no one thought to capture media back then as they do now.

crazy-horse

Master
My team got eliminated on the first round on Sonoma. Quit hurting so bad when it turned out the team that won the final bout across all shards was the one that beat us.

Ah the old days on Great Lakes running around with Ho Chi Minh and BTH. and get'em boy who plays on the server now. Some of the best times in Uo were the first few years. RIP OSI GL
Ahem, the name is Miner ;), I also went by Karthon/ Maestro/ Caius Valerius. I also had a RPer in GBB Golden Blades of Britannia!

Loakes

Grandmaster
Anyone from LS in 97 should remember this guy:

magical-bubba.jpg

My brother and I played on LS. Do you remember any of the following names:
Drifter
Mappy
Altec
Poopydiapers

??

SpyderBite

Expert
I had a couple of characters on GL. Went by Gambit back then in 97/98. Hung out with Tree and Stump and really didn't do much more than stomping on new players as they tried to make the Death Run from Trinsic to Britian. XD

Started playing on Pacific as soon as it opened and then Sonoma. In 2001 I started playing Siege exclusively. Was in I^A and then VmP.

Back on topic, my best memories of GL were when there were really no griefing rules. Stealing people blind at WBB as well as dropping nox'd loaves of bread and fish steaks all over the place and racking up counts. Later Tree, Stump and I discovered how profitable Player Weddings could be. They'd kill, I'd steal, rinse and repeat. People were such sheep back then. Immediately assuming there was a glitch in the game when things went missing from their backpacks. ;)

flipt

Grandmaster
I played back in 97 98 than again in 2000 and 2001 on lake superior. I played el loco a mage, tin sou swordsman and poco loco the town drunk. I remember lots of fun times

Loakes

Grandmaster
I played back in 97 98 than again in 2000 and 2001 on lake superior. I played el loco a mage, tin sou swordsman and poco loco the town drunk. I remember lots of fun times

That name sounds familiar, I played around the same times. I remember all the fights around yew Gate

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
I have a CD with some old pictures, nothing from really early on though. I started when UO:R came out. Here's a few

Taming a ton of dragons and using them to wreck champ spawns solo lol

Massive%20Dragons_zps7wyo48r7.png

Blood tile spawn! The one time I saw it out of the millions of times recalling there. Unfortunately the tile wasn't there ;/

bloodtilespawn_zpsz4y1tckn.png

GM ran chess match on LS, I stopped by even though I played on (AOL)Legends

LS%20Chess%20Match_zpsubnbxbwe.png

GM'ing resist the hard way

Trav%20GM%20resist_zpsy6xlqt3b.png

Before Publish 16, GM provoke was guaranteed success. Back then getting to GM voke took foreverrrrr so this was a huge letdown. My brother and I shared that bard character and it took us months of training on the top mobs. Needless to say, I was pretty pissed lol

PrePub16Morph_zpsv1srjmeo.png

Twas a nice trip down memory lane :cool: